Posting Items Soldfrom Ebay options

Found 29th Apr
Hi, I've sold an item on ebay. And a lot of people recommend having it tracked. Is Royal Mail 1st Class enough, it's a small parcel.

But 1st class doesn't offer tracking, neither does signed for and that's a bit of a pain if they aren't in. The only tracking one i see is special delivery by 1pm for £11 bit much.
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
You need it signed for or you have no proof of delivery. Doesn't matter how much it costs as you should of had that added to the price.
Same mistake I make is guessing my postage when I do an auction.

You need to get in the habit (so do I) of weighing the item first and checking the postage.

You can always go the route of an eBay delivery option which is either ups or myhermes I believe. This usually costs a few quid but the coverage of insurance is rubbish (something like £20).

Royal mail is expensive to ship with. Consider having a look on parcel2go
Edited by: "kos1c" 29th Apr
How much is the item worth? If it's low value, eBay Shutl is good (I use the myHermes one quite often and it's easy and cheap to use)
Hermes, pay a couple of quid for signature but they collect from your door or you take it to a parcel shop at your convenience.
I always use ebay postal service. You need to select that before you advertise to get the best price. Print label yourself. You only pay when you post it so you can print as many labels as you want but if you don't use the service you don't pay. All tracked and sign for plus some insurance but can't remember what that is so look up
If you go to the post office they will charge you £3.95 for 2nd class signed for insured for £50
Under 'Sold' section select 'Print postage label' then use the eBay delivery powered by shutl. Select small parcel, 2nd class £2.85. A tracking number will be added to your item.
33716719-OMIIk.jpg
33716719-uzfZP.jpg
Or method #2. Pop into your local post office and ask for 2nd class delivered for £2.95. On the receipt there's a barcode number you can check on their website to see if your parcel has been delivered or not.

If you're going to sell regularly on eBay then get yourself a set of cheap scales so you can weigh your own items before printing off your postage label.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 29th Apr
RiverDragon826 m ago

Under 'Sold' section select 'Print postage label' then use the eBay …Under 'Sold' section select 'Print postage label' then use the eBay delivery powered by shutl. Select small parcel, 2nd class £2.85. A tracking number will be added to your item.[Image] [Image] Or method #2. Pop into your local post office and ask for 2nd class delivered for £2.95. On the receipt there's a barcode number you can check on their website to see if your parcel has been delivered or not.If you're going to sell regularly on eBay then get yourself a set of cheap scales so you can weigh your own items before printing off your postage label.

Agree here, though with method #2 you can save 10p using click & drop. If you get free printer ink it's cheaper, and every penny counts
jamie01519 m ago

Agree here, though with method #2 you can save 10p using click & drop. If …Agree here, though with method #2 you can save 10p using click & drop. If you get free printer ink it's cheaper, and every penny counts

Method #2 is for people who don't have their own set of scales so can't weigh their parcel or don't own a printer.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 29th Apr
RiverDragon832 m ago

Method #2 is for people who don't have their own set of scales so can't …Method #2 is for people who don't have their own set of scales so can't weigh their parcel or don't own a printer.

My suggestion was if people didn't have a myHermes parcel shop near them (but still a Post Office) as collection costs a bit more
Edited by: "jamie015" 29th Apr
Signed for delivery covers only up to £50 if the item goes missing or is damaged in transit.
Standard first or second class postage only up to £20.

If the item is worth more you should use special delivery to have full cover.
Edited by: "hearts22" 29th Apr
Thanks for the advice everyone, i think for this one time I'll go with 1st Class Signed for. Since that's what i put down first on the listing, as my first eBay sale I'd like to keep with my customers expectations and next time shutl or 2nd class.
LQ88953 m ago

Thanks for the advice everyone, i think for this one time I'll go with 1st …Thanks for the advice everyone, i think for this one time I'll go with 1st Class Signed for. Since that's what i put down first on the listing, as my first eBay sale I'd like to keep with my customers expectations and next time shutl or 2nd class.

If you put RM down then go for that this time, just use the other options in the future
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants