Posting to poland . . .

Just had a message through my ebay to end a auction early seems a good price they have offered, although it's to poland.
This is for a mobile phone, they have great feedback, and bought a lot of phones before, would be handy to end early so I have the money. . .
Is postage any more than international signed for, to send here?
Is there a customs fee for me?
They have said they will give me £9 for postage is that enough.
Thanks

25 Comments

whatsThePoint;8285444

Bye bye phone bye bye funds

+1

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;8285444

Bye bye phone bye bye funds

They have 99.8% feedback on 718 phones though?

*katie*;8285461

They have 99.8% feedback on 718 phones though?

Why would they want 719 phones come on wakey wakey scam

Original Poster

J.Dance;8285466

I don't know, looking at the feedback they use them for parts, why would feedback be so good otherwise?

don't do it

Original Poster

zeus9876;8285482

don't do it

Why! :?

J.Dance;8285466

Perhaps to re-sell and make a profit in Poland.
If it was a scam, do you really think they would still be trading and have a very good feedback score?
Wakey wakey yourself. As hard as it may be for you to understand, not everybody is out there to scam people.

Thank Heavens for a system called feedback that should alert you to what the person is really like.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;8285497

If you decide its a deal that will work out sending it airmail … If you decide its a deal that will work out sending it airmail International Signed will be around £7

Thanks, I don't see why not, there feedback is great, I'm just working out if I'l be better waiting till the auction ends or finishing with the price they have offered.

Banned

you can only get £39 compensation with mobiles

The maximum compensation payable when extra compensation has been purchased for items containing coins, banknotes or currency notes, securities or instruments payable to bearer (e.g. cheques; bankers drafts; travellers cheques) has been limited to £100 per item.

Extra compensation is not available for mobile telephones (or PDAs or Blackberries, etc) sent via International Signed For™. Therefore, the maximum compensation payable for loss or damage to a mobile telephone is 100 times the price of a first class stamp. Please note that when Airsure® is used to send a packet containing a mobile telephone together with other items, additional compensation in excess of £39 can be purchased but this will only cover the other contents.

how much is the phone you are selling.

And see at teher feedback and previous buys - have they bought from the uk before?

Original Poster

s_paul;8285521

how much is the phone you are selling.And see at teher feedback and … how much is the phone you are selling.And see at teher feedback and previous buys - have they bought from the uk before?

Most of there feedback is phones bought from the UK, its a n96 16gb with everything, they have offered £95 with £9 shipping, only listed it 10mins ago.

Banned

csiman;8285518

you can only get £39 compensation with mobilesThe maximum compensation … you can only get £39 compensation with mobilesThe maximum compensation payable when extra compensation has been purchased for items containing coins, banknotes or currency notes, securities or instruments payable to bearer (e.g. cheques; bankers drafts; travellers cheques) has been limited to £100 per item.Extra compensation is not available for mobile telephones (or PDAs or Blackberries, etc) sent via International Signed For™. Therefore, the maximum compensation payable for loss or damage to a mobile telephone is 100 times the price of a first class stamp. Please note that when Airsure® is used to send a packet containing a mobile telephone together with other items, additional compensation in excess of £39 can be purchased but this will only cover the other contents.

be aware of this ^^^^^^^^^^^

Original Poster

sassie;8285555

be aware of this ^^^^^^^^^^^

So I could only ever get £39 compensation?
Why is this when I looked on royal mail, and it states I can have comp up to £250 for £12 odd? :?

As long as you go into this with your eyes wide open expecting to be scammed you will be ok. That way if you keep the money it'll be a bonus.

Banned

they go for £110-130 on ebay, i'd let the auction run

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;8285552

Have a look at finished auction prices

`They vary, depending on condition. There isn't any up that soon though

Banned

*katie*;8285567

So I could only ever get £39 compensation? Why is this when I looked on … So I could only ever get £39 compensation? Why is this when I looked on royal mail, and it states I can have comp up to £250 for £12 odd? :?

you obviously didnt read the small print which is where I cut and pasted the above from :thumbsup:

Banned

*katie*;8285567

So I could only ever get £39 compensation? Why is this when I looked on … So I could only ever get £39 compensation? Why is this when I looked on royal mail, and it states I can have comp up to £250 for £12 odd? :?

because that isnt for phones, if you got any sense you will close the auction to uk bidders only :thumbsup:

Original Poster

sassie;8285607

because that isnt for phones, if you got any sense you will close the … because that isnt for phones, if you got any sense you will close the auction to uk bidders only :thumbsup:

Just have :thumbsup:

I have sold phones on ebay before no problem, sent to Spain, Poland, and Germany and not been scammed...

People on this forum this any international buyer on ebay is a scammer!

The fact is.. mobile phones cost a lost more cash in Poland and easten EU countries..

In the past, I have only ever used a courier company when sending oversea's, full international tracking, costs around £20 though,,,

If you could get more cash for the phone letting the auction end.... let it run.... also ensure you have sent a high price for international postage to cover costs/

Rick

I will suggest you use courier. Last time I send a phone worth £150 to Poland. The person who bought was flied a claim as unauthoirse transaction 3 months later, they paid by credit card and credit card is on their side. Lucky I got proof of postage and proof of delivery, paypal need to return the fund to me as seller protection policy, but paypal still hold my money for 3 months and after alot of phone call. It's reallly bad.

Original Poster

Hi thanks everyone, decided against international postage now, and have stated in the listing UK bidders only.
Thanks
x

Banned

RickT;8285650

I have sold phones on ebay before no problem, sent to Spain, Poland, and … I have sold phones on ebay before no problem, sent to Spain, Poland, and Germany and not been scammed...People on this forum this any international buyer on ebay is a scammer!The fact is.. mobile phones cost a lost more cash in Poland and easten EU countries..In the past, I have only ever used a courier company when sending oversea's, full international tracking, costs around £20 though,,,If you could get more cash for the phone letting the auction end.... let it run.... also ensure you have sent a high price for international postage to cover costs/Rick

+1

its the same replies everytime in every thread

them foreigners:roll:

I sold plenty of phones to polish bidders all went well.

Jumpingphil;8285508

Perhaps to re-sell and make a profit in Poland.If it was a scam, do you … Perhaps to re-sell and make a profit in Poland.If it was a scam, do you really think they would still be trading and have a very good feedback score?Wakey wakey yourself. As hard as it may be for you to understand, not everybody is out there to scam people.Thank Heavens for a system called feedback that should alert you to what the person is really like.

Well it had dodgy written all over it in my eyes wanting to end it early
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Criminal Immigrants and British Justice - makes me proud!2137
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764004
    3. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…22
    4. Ebid over Ebay33

See more discussions