Postmen holding us to ransom again lol

Found 9th Oct 2009
I hear after all the years of having it good is about to end....

Seems the posties are going to have to work for a living after all.... so....

STRIKE ! (Thats the public suffering again I suppose)

Where are the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx workers when you need them.... lol

Poor show....

maxmix

Speaking to our Rural posties who dont support this action today when I was at the sorting office and they are not happy with this, just shows that a few are still happy...

What do you reckon ?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
51 Comments

Easy? lol, they work out the average time a route should be done by saying that the average human walks at 5mph! I can see why they aren't happy, I guess strike is a last resort

have u read up on why they are wanting this industrial action?

Original Poster

bossyboots;6529699

I thought it was due to change of conditions, being asked to help out on other rounds / work if they finish early etc.... (The way it should be)

Well thats the drift I get form our Posties....

maxmix

bossyboots;6529699

They dont want to be replaced by superior sorting machines and insist that the royal mail stay as slow as it is.

maxmix;6529720

I thought it was due to change of conditions, being asked to help out on … I thought it was due to change of conditions, being asked to help out on other rounds / work if they finish early etc.... (The way it should be)Well thats the drift I get form our Posties....maxmix

And that.

maxmix;6529720

I thought it was due to change of conditions, being asked to help out on … I thought it was due to change of conditions, being asked to help out on other rounds / work if they finish early etc.... (The way it should be)Well thats the drift I get form our Posties....maxmix

deathtrap3000;6529722

They dont want to be replaced by superior sorting machines and insist … They dont want to be replaced by superior sorting machines and insist that the royal mail stay as slow as it is.

Thanks guys as I honestly havent a clue why they are wanting this. But OP I visit Orkney loads as got friends up there and their postie drives from house to house as do most rural posties so I reckon they have it easier than city posties

Original Poster

bossyboots;6529743

Thanks guys as I honestly havent a clue why they are wanting this. But … Thanks guys as I honestly havent a clue why they are wanting this. But OP I visit Orkney loads as got friends up there and their postie drives from house to house as do most rural posties so I reckon they have it easier than city posties

Yes all our Postmen drive form house to house too.... Well where I am in Argyll....

maxmix

maxmix;6529769

Yes all our Postmen drive form house to house too.... Well where I am in … Yes all our Postmen drive form house to house too.... Well where I am in Argyll....maxmix

I live just outside Glasgow and you have got to admit that posties here do a lot more on foot than rural posties - wonder if there pay is the same?

TBH I could never be a postie - all that runnin up flights of stairs - but in this day and age a job is a job

edit - ur neck of the woods is just lovely!

In one place (city but i cant say which!) you get paid for 5 hours.... but you come in at 7am (5am on sat) you can't leave the building until 9:15am and then you have to do the walk.. average one takes 4 hours (on their calculation that you walk at 5mph) If you are longer than your hours its tough unless they made you leave the building late or for other exceptional circumstances.

And yeah here in Norfolk they are either in the van or on bikes..... but our posty was telling us today that they are stopping them having bikes and they'll have to walk instead, they can have their bikes until they break and then thats it...he isn't happy!

Emzy81;6529907

In one place (city but i cant say which!) you get paid for 5 hours.... … In one place (city but i cant say which!) you get paid for 5 hours.... but you come in at 7am (5am on sat) you can't leave the building until 9:15am and then you have to do the walk.. average one takes 4 hours (on their calculation that you walk at 5mph) If you are longer than your hours its tough unless they made you leave the building late or for other exceptional circumstances.

load of rubbish

jamstaruk1972;6529927

load of rubbish

well scoop it up and put it into the bin like the rest of us do

bossyboots;6529947

well scoop it up and put it into the bin like the rest of us do

lol thanks :thumbsup:
And i swear it isn't rubbish, not at that certain place any way, its different in other places, like norfolk they don't have a set time to leave the building

Emzy81;6529907

In one place (city but i cant say which!) you get paid for 5 hours.... … In one place (city but i cant say which!) you get paid for 5 hours.... but you come in at 7am (5am on sat) you can't leave the building until 9:15am and then you have to do the walk.. average one takes 4 hours (on their calculation that you walk at 5mph) If you are longer than your hours its tough unless they made you leave the building late or for other exceptional circumstances.

Thats part timers by the way.... full timers get paid for more hours but only come in an hour earlier, and they are trying to cut out full time jobs

(and its georoute they use to work out a route time with the average of 5mph)

Emzy81;6529969

Thats part timers by the way.... full timers get paid for more hours but … Thats part timers by the way.... full timers get paid for more hours but only come in an hour earlier, and they are trying to cut out full time jobs(and its georoute they use to work out a route time with the average of 5mph)

Where do you get this 5mph from - total nonsense! Think you've been reading too many tabloids.

bluedave;6530021

Where do you get this 5mph from - total nonsense! Think you've been … Where do you get this 5mph from - total nonsense! Think you've been reading too many tabloids.

From my old boss lmao!

bluedave;6530021

Where do you get this 5mph from - total nonsense! Think you've been … Where do you get this 5mph from - total nonsense! Think you've been reading too many tabloids.

Bluedave, I actually tbh didnt know much about why they voted to strike and have been having a wee read thru some stuff online and loads seem to come up about this 5mph ruling.

Original Poster

5mph.... lol Shower of lazy xxxxxxxxxxx.... Sack em all, get the machines in and the xxxxxxxxxxx out delivering....

Maybe the post will arrive on time then

maxmix

I think the union folk want to stir up trouble have quoted 5mph - it's complete and utter nonsense. Royal mail work on the principle of 2.4 mph. So you know how fast 5mph is? Its just crazy talk that probably came about due to some computer error quoting a round incorrectly but is now touted as proof.
Nonsense, nonsense & more nonsense.

If your boss is telling you that you must do 5mph - then take the matter up with her/his boss as it sounds like they might have to be retrained.

bluedave;6530423

I think the union folk want to stir up trouble have quoted 5mph - it's … I think the union folk want to stir up trouble have quoted 5mph - it's complete and utter nonsense. Royal mail work on the principle of 2.4 mph. So you know how fast 5mph is? Its just crazy talk that probably came about due to some computer error quoting a round incorrectly but is now touted as proof.Nonsense, nonsense & more nonsense.If your boss is telling you that you must do 5mph - then take the matter up with her/his boss as it sounds like they might have to be retrained.

+1

this is year 2009 you smply cannot say they have to work at 5 mph there are all sorts of disability laws in place so you couldnt have this

and neither could you be payng people just 5 hrs if they working more unless its in their contract which it is not

I read it was because RM are proposing job cuts and although the union accepted job cuts as part of the LAST strike agreement, they are now saying they didn't agree the quantity of cuts.

Until you have spent the day in a posties shoes or shadowed them for a day, you can't really make judgement..

End of...

When I was a postie(part-time hours) about 8 years ago just before the "Consignia" fiasco you started at 6am you weren't allowed to start earlier than your time even if you didn't mind not getting paid for it, You had 45 minutes to get you letters sorted and your 2 drop bags to the van to be taken out to the drop boxes and out the office for 6:45am with your first of three bags, If your walk was close you walked to it if not you had to get a bus or use your own car if you wanted to, You were paid to 10am but if you came back in late you could mark the rest in the overtime book, I think now the posties are starting later but they only get paid for contracted hours and not hours worked which can sometimes be a extra hour on the heavier days, It's easy to criticize but until your in their shoes and actually having to carrying the bags day in day out in all weathers then I don't think you have the right.

ukmonkey;6531448

Until you have spent the day in a posties shoes or shadowed them for a … Until you have spent the day in a posties shoes or shadowed them for a day, you can't really make judgement..End of...

:thumbsup:

Having worked in the RM for a number of years i must say they are striking to keep there Jobs.....Its not the best job in the world delivering mail and having the goverment trying there hardest to destroy RM i feel they have no choice but to stand there ground.
As quoted You need to be in there shoes,.... long gone are they days of doing someone's docket for extra money.................
Most of the Posties i know have second jobs to keep there heads above water.............
only my pennies worth..........

chuf;6531991

Having worked in the RM for a number of years i must say they are … Having worked in the RM for a number of years i must say they are striking to keep there Jobs.....Its not the best job in the world delivering mail and having the goverment trying there hardest to destroy RM i feel they have no choice but to stand there ground.As quoted You need to be in there shoes,.... long gone are they days of doing someone's docket for extra money.................Most of the Posties i know have second jobs to keep there heads above water.............only my pennies worth..........

:thumbsup: +1

ukmonkey;6531448

Until you have spent the day in a posties shoes or shadowed them for a … Until you have spent the day in a posties shoes or shadowed them for a day, you can't really make judgement..End of...

Spot on, :thumbsup:

All the people saying 'Sack the Posties' and 'they're a lazy lot' are very ignorant of what being a Postie involves.I used to be one,tough Job.

Emzy81;6529907

Do they have to finish at the ministry of silly walks before they can start posting letters?

Original Poster

It's no good holding the general public to ransom, they will get no sympathy that way.....

Matters should be taken up with the right people !!!

maxmix

Why should we suffer ? You dont like it there are other career moves to be considered.....

suffer? really? :lol:

Original Poster

loupomm;6540138

suffer? really? :lol:

I dont..... It's the customers that I have ordered stock for that do....

maxmix

Had a lot of people lose out over the lat 10 years when I had my shop.... Glad I sold it now....

Original Poster

Actually.... It's the kids at times I feel more sorry for... Birthday cards and Christmas cards/money/tokens that arrive 10 days late..... Shocking....

The action taken over the years should be against the bosses or who is forcing the changes.... ;-)

maxmix

maxmix;6540179

The action taken over the years should be against the bosses or who is … The action taken over the years should be against the bosses or who is forcing the changes.... ;-)maxmix

And how would you do that??:whistling:

maxmix is probably the biggest clown I have come accross on these forums to date.

oldmankensey;6541378

maxmix is probably the biggest clown I have come accross on these forums … maxmix is probably the biggest clown I have come accross on these forums to date.

Thats not very nice now, is it?

oldmankensey;6541378

maxmix is probably the biggest clown I have come accross on these forums … maxmix is probably the biggest clown I have come accross on these forums to date.

are you saying this forum is serious :giggle:

generaloneill;6541890

Thats not very nice now, is it?

Probably not, but it's my honest opinion!

Original Poster

Alfonse;6541906

are you saying this forum is serious :giggle:

:friends: lol

maxmix

Banned

maxmix;6547400

:friends: lolmaxmix

didn't answer how you would do it though?

Original Poster

colinsunderland;6548697

didn't answer how you would do it though?

No idea M8, I was self employed for the last 16 years before I called it a day at 40 lol

But getting the public's back up certainly the way to go, especially come Christmas time....

maxmix
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4178
    2. Add one, leave one game54415459
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…51113
    4. saying of the day89412

See more discussions