Groups

Potential free credit for American Express holders!

Only applies to existing AMEX card holders!. My friend holds a platinum AMEX cashback card and out of the blue called AMEX to cancel his card because of the introduction of the dormant fee. AMEX basically offered him £30 credit on his card not to cancel the card and when I tried my luck today I was offered £20 credit on my Platinum card too! Basically ring them up and tell them that you are sorting out your finances, found a better cashback card and worried about the dormant fee. ask if they have any incentives to keep you going. Don't straight away ask to cancel your card!

You need to ring the retentions team on 0800 0121 207. Don't ring the 0845 customer services number as they are only too happy to cancel your card. The credit depends on your expenditure in the past so if you are a huge spender then you are like to get a better credit! I am a very small spender and pay off all at once. Hope this helps some one out there

7 Comments

Sounds akin to a vampire giving you a thimbleful of blood, still, free money is free money !

iNSOMANiAC;6469296

Sounds akin to a vampire giving you a thimbleful of blood, still, free … Sounds akin to a vampire giving you a thimbleful of blood, still, free money is free money !

lol yes thats a very good way to put it!! Get the free cash then cancel!

Sweet!! Just tried it with mine and got chatting to nice lady who offered me £20 as a goodwill gesture!! Rep to OP!!

Original Poster

melmorc;6469694

Sweet!! Just tried it with mine and got chatting to nice lady who offered … Sweet!! Just tried it with mine and got chatting to nice lady who offered me £20 as a goodwill gesture!! Rep to OP!!

told you so! Nice one!:thumbsup:

whats the doormant fee I have an AMEX what is changing

Original Poster

octobergirl;6471737

Card provider will charge customers £20 a year for accounts left untouched for 12 months
    ]http//ww…fee

octobergirl;6471737

I played it innocent and said I'd hear about this dormant thing and wasnlt sure, what with credit crunch etc and she explained what it was. We were chatting generally and then she said as a gesture of goodwill she'd offer me £20 credit.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2957
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764181
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846148
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17406142

See more discussions