Potential Free way out of EE Contracts

Posted 28th Jan
Just had an email about a price increase. It's fairly small to be fair but at the bottom of the email it says

We hope you want to stay with EE home broadband but if you'd like to leave, you can cancel your contract and to avoid paying a charge for leaving early simply call us on 0800 079 0355 before 15 March 2020 to let us know.
Whilst the service has been decent for me, given that cashback deals are great on broadband, it looks like you can switch without penalty to jump to another provider.

Although what's confusing is their terms say they're allowed to increase the price in line with CPI and that's exactly what they're doing so not sure why they've given the option to cancel early.
Community Updates

Groups

11 Comments
You are probably out of the minimum contract term or the price hike is greater than the RPI.
No, that's the weird thing. I'm only about 3 months in and it seems to be inline with CPI
Martyn_Thompson28/01/2020 15:00

No, that's the weird thing. I'm only about 3 months in and it seems to be …No, that's the weird thing. I'm only about 3 months in and it seems to be inline with CPI

Weird time window to exercise early termination at no penalty if detriment. Statutory entitlement is 30 days, your offer seems to be about 46 days.
Martyn_Thompson28/01/2020 15:00

No, that's the weird thing. I'm only about 3 months in and it seems to be …No, that's the weird thing. I'm only about 3 months in and it seems to be inline with CPI

Spoofed email not from EE ?
Yes i received this email too, however i pulled it from my junk email. I didn't notice the cancel for penalty free paragraph. Assumed you couldn't leave penalty free for a rpi increase. I am too within my contract. i'll speak to EE Their retention deals are usually good
It's probably legit, Virgin Media did the same just over a year ago.

hotukdeals.com/dea…287

I managed to haggle them down to a lower price instead of leaving.
They all do it now
Allow you out
Smells a bit off
My living circumstances recently changed and I received this email yesterday. Has anyone successfully managed to leave yet? I’ve had really good service from EE it has to be said.
I got this email too, thankfully virgin have just recently installed within my street so I can get away from the 15mb speed on my 'upto 36mb'

Surprisingly virgin is cheaper for me to switch with cashback and referral too.

Update: I rang them yesterday and just mentioned i wanted to leave because of the price increase. No Questions asked, i would of thought i would have to give a months notice but its getting cancelled next week/
Edited by: "Techie93" 7th Feb
Turns out my contract had no price increases in their terms. So since it’s company wide there’s the out.

Got £200 back from BT through cash back and gift cards and broadband at the same price and still have the Apple TV that EE gave me. Winning!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants