Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Potential lockdown ?

Posted 22nd Mar
Will we go into a complete lock down does anyone think is it arriving soon or what will be the next ideal place before government make the decision

Cheers Ryan
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
After reading all news this morning...if people don’t take the advice given from the government...the next step will be full lockdown which they don’t want to do so people still have some freedom but won’t rule it out if people don’t start taking this seriously and keep causing the virus to spread by ignoring all guidelines put in place!
I’m shocked by the number of people not taking this seriously enough.

Its frightening we’ve had spoiler alert from Italy.

Honestly I can’t understand why people think they don’t need to comply.

This is going to effect everyone,
I think the selfish ones will cause us to have complete lockdown. They are heading in their droves to places like Scotland and Cornwall. Both areas trying to put a stop to it
I had to do a small shop this morning. I hated it felt like I was walking around a mine field, some people were keeping their distance but most were not.

Lots of people buying flowers I assume for their mother's, I was wondering if I've dreamt it all and I'm the only one aware of the danger ! I think a lockdown is inevitable people just aren't listening.
50 Comments
Who knows
That'll be bad for deals, jobs and the economy. The government should get its priorities right and not impose a lockdown.
After reading all news this morning...if people don’t take the advice given from the government...the next step will be full lockdown which they don’t want to do so people still have some freedom but won’t rule it out if people don’t start taking this seriously and keep causing the virus to spread by ignoring all guidelines put in place!
I think the selfish ones will cause us to have complete lockdown. They are heading in their droves to places like Scotland and Cornwall. Both areas trying to put a stop to it
On this day of all days the State needs to become our mother! Nurturing us, caring for us, feeding us, providing pocket money, giving good advice, etc and when necessary scolding and punishing us. In return, we will give our mothers the love and respect they will then deserve,
I had to do a small shop this morning. I hated it felt like I was walking around a mine field, some people were keeping their distance but most were not.

Lots of people buying flowers I assume for their mother's, I was wondering if I've dreamt it all and I'm the only one aware of the danger ! I think a lockdown is inevitable people just aren't listening.
We should deny the idiots medical care for 12 weeks, then we'll see how tough they are!
Can't believe there are still kids out playing around where I live.
We will require it if people don't follow the rules. I went for a grocery shop this morning and the store was full of families treating this like a typical Sunday out. It is this nonsense that is going to cause a lot of grief later.
I’m shocked by the number of people not taking this seriously enough.

Its frightening we’ve had spoiler alert from Italy.

Honestly I can’t understand why people think they don’t need to comply.

This is going to effect everyone,
Pilsbury1222/03/2020 12:54

I think the selfish ones will cause us to have complete lockdown. They are …I think the selfish ones will cause us to have complete lockdown. They are heading in their droves to places like Scotland and Cornwall. Both areas trying to put a stop to it

And Wales

dailypost.co.uk/new…070
Some people have no sense at all, we were at the beach yesterday it was quiet but still a lot of people there keeping their distance. Not to difficult on ac2 mike beach with 20 people on it.

We stood in a queue with three other families at a coffee van which stands on its own with nothing around it, all of us keeping massive distance between us and a couple walked up stood right behind us and asked if we were in the queue we said yes and they just stood there. We were out side but it was like they hadn’t even seen the news.

Reading just now and the police are asking people not to go to beaches and parks as they are now too busy. Love down will come sooner rather than later.

Edit current rules on going out walking and has been since the government advised social distancing,

bbc.co.uk/new…729
Edited by: "eslick" 22nd Mar
My reading of the maths says lock down London/England this week, if at 9000-10000 UK confirmed infections (as did Italy, Spain and France), within days and not a week.

If lock-down is at 20,000 confirmed cases (like Germany because they have dispersed infections with what was one bigger cluster), London is, maybe, considered a bigger cluster now, then that's around April Fools day, about 10 days away.

Caveat: the above is my own personal guidance, and is not official.
Edited by: "splender" 22nd Mar
Of course there will be a complete lockdown. It's a requirement and I don't honestly know why we are faffing about anymore.

Since Italy has been on lockdown they have not been able to stop the spread of the virus, what makes anyone think a more relaxed scenario will lead to better circumstances. It is my humble opinion that the government is feeding us chunks of info/instructions so that it will not be dealing with any potential civil disobedience. But you can be certain a total lockdown is most probably days not weeks away.
I wonder how long before people start getting tired of those idiots and taking the law into their own hands
they need to start posting articles that describe how painful a death the disease can cause and how there are not enough ventilators to go round and so doctors are going to have to make decisions as to who gets to live and who will just be left to die. they also need to start posting articles about young people dying and becoming seriously sick and needing ventilators. they need to stop saying that for the majority of people, the symptoms are like the flu as it is nothing like the flu and is much much worse.

i found this article quite frightening when someone linked it last night. it has certainly made me rethink about how safe i am and the stats from italy indicate that young people are not safe at all as it had been suggested from the data coming from china. the picture is very different from italy where lots of people on their 20s and 30s are needing ventilators and hospitalisation, so much so that they have had to make a decision to no longer give anyone over 60 a ventilator as they need to keep it for younger people.

dailymail.co.uk/new…tml
eslick22/03/2020 13:47

Some people have no sense at all, we were at the beach yesterday it was …Some people have no sense at all, we were at the beach yesterday it was quiet but still a lot of people there keeping their distance. We stood in a queue with three other families at a coffee van which stands on its own with nothing around it, all of us keeping massive distance between us and a couple walked up stood right behind us and asked if we were in the queue we said yes and they just stood there. We were out side but it was like they hadn’t even seen the news.Reading just now and the police are asking people not to go to beaches and parks as they are now too busy. Love down will come sooner rather than later

WTF
Don`t panic Mr Mainwaring
Mich8ll822/03/2020 12:24

After reading all news this morning...if people don’t take the advice g …After reading all news this morning...if people don’t take the advice given from the government...the next step will be full lockdown which they don’t want to do so people still have some freedom but won’t rule it out if people don’t start taking this seriously and keep causing the virus to spread by ignoring all guidelines put in place!

myusernamehasgone23422/03/2020 13:36

I’m shocked by the number of people not taking this seriously enough. Its f …I’m shocked by the number of people not taking this seriously enough. Its frightening we’ve had spoiler alert from Italy. Honestly I can’t understand why people think they don’t need to comply.This is going to effect everyone,

One does not even need to trust the UK government, just look at what had been done abroad and the number of coffins and the 20-25% severe cases of young people in Italy and USA with 4% death rate. Google yourself for a Bloomberg news article on how severe the young gets 20-39 age band , with no known underlying symptoms.
What is scary is your all right people do need to take seriously and their not doing number of deaths increasing daily and cases daily in the United Kingdom :/ 😔😔

Panic buying and people being selfish ruins it for everyone things have to change fast !!
Edited by: "Ryanhess93" 22nd Mar
splender22/03/2020 14:00

One does not even need to trust the UK government, just look at what had …One does not even need to trust the UK government, just look at what had been done abroad and the number of coffins and the 20-25% severe cases of young people in Italy and USA with 4% death rate. Google yourself for a Bloomberg news article on how severe the young gets 20-39 age band , with no known underlying symptoms.

Your right....age hasn’t nothing to do with this virus now as everyday I am now reading off more younger people now getting the virus or even dying from it and they were fit and healthy and no under lying health issues so really...nobody is safe from the virus...I’ve even read some kids have caught it...nobody is safe from it now hence why we should just start lockdown ASAP for the ones who don’t take this serious enough!
Local MP says the lockdown should happen by Wednesday so let’s see
winzzz22/03/2020 14:09

Comment deleted

No the rules say you can go out especially on walks, you have more chances of catching it if you are shopping. You need to keep social distance which you can do but can’t if others don’t follow the rules.
Countries that have taken harder measures than us in Europe say what they are doing isn't working. The cities might look deserted on the news but that's only because the business are shut down, people themselves are still moving around and interacting as though it's just a holiday from work.

A fully enforced lock down seems like it will be the only answer but i'm not sure we have the manpower in the police and army any more to do it.
I'd say a lockdown is imminent, in London at least. The UK's infection rate is currently around the same as Italy's was at the same stage of infection, we're just around 3 weeks behind. London's infection rate is currently around 35% daily increase, worse even than Italy's Lombard region at the same stage. This graph is from nrg.cs.ucl.ac.uk/mjh…19/ (where there are lots of other equally worrying graphs comparing the UK with other countries). London is the red curve, Lombardy the black. So something drastic needs to be done (and quickly) else we risk have the worst epidemic in Europe.

Zooicidal22/03/2020 14:18

Countries that have taken harder measures than us in Europe say what they …Countries that have taken harder measures than us in Europe say what they are doing isn't working. The cities might look deserted on the news but that's only because the business are shut down, people themselves are still moving around and interacting as though it's just a holiday from work.A fully enforced lock down seems like it will be the only answer but i'm not sure we have the manpower in the police and army any more to do it.

North Korea are doing alright..
Gohan12322/03/2020 14:23

North Korea are doing alright..

I assume you meant South Korea as there is zero reliable info coming out of North Korea, no one knows how they are doing. South Korea can't be compared as they as a people act completely differently than we do here, previous epidemics are fresh in their minds so they don't mess about.
Zooicidal22/03/2020 14:18

Countries that have taken harder measures than us in Europe say what they …Countries that have taken harder measures than us in Europe say what they are doing isn't working. The cities might look deserted on the news but that's only because the business are shut down, people themselves are still moving around and interacting as though it's just a holiday from work.A fully enforced lock down seems like it will be the only answer but i'm not sure we have the manpower in the police and army any more to do it.

Yes, we have plenty enough troops and others to do martial law.
We do this regularly abroad.
There will be a lockdown sooner or later.

The government's aim is still for people to contract the virus at a steady rate, so there are plenty of immune people and the NHS can cope. If you lockdown too soon, the virus stops spreading for a period, then once lockdown ends, carrys on as before. We will need thousands/millions of immune people to re-start the country once it blows over and to be ready for the next outbreak too.

I just hope that they have allowed for the selfishness of people in their calculations.
My company have banned us from entering our branch, but as a field service engineer they are happy to let us crack on going to other clients buildings #irony

We need lockdown to prevent corporate greed aiding the spread of this horrible virus.
they should have the police dispersing gatherings and people should be able to report gatherings to the police.
Rune_2H22/03/2020 14:53

Comment deleted

Not in this country it hasn’t and even today the advice is still you can go out as long as you are social distancing, 30 people on wind swept 2 mile beach is practicing social distancing sadly no hypocrite here when following the rules even when getting a coffee and keeping distances between each other. Of course though you cannot force everyone to do the same as the person behind was not following the rules.

bbc.co.uk/new…729

@Rune_2H

and just talked by the PM, you really need to delete your totally incorrect post.

The PM thanked people for "the sacrifice" they had made, but warned those going to parks and open spaces they must stay 2m away from others.

"If you don't do it responsibly... we will have to bring forward further measures," he said.

bbc.co.uk/new…559
Edited by: "eslick" 22nd Mar
SaltyExpert22/03/2020 14:53

My company have banned us from entering our branch, but as a field service …My company have banned us from entering our branch, but as a field service engineer they are happy to let us crack on going to other clients buildings #ironyWe need lockdown to prevent corporate greed aiding the spread of this horrible virus.

Extremely bad management practice, fail ISO9000 and any quality audit immediately, applying opposing management procedure.
i walked past our local pub on friday afternoon and there was a school party at the pub, where the school kids used the last day of school to celebrate! it was really shocking when we are all told to avoid pubs and they are closing schools for a reason.
splender22/03/2020 15:05

Extremely bad management practice, fail ISO9000 and any quality audit …Extremely bad management practice, fail ISO9000 and any quality audit immediately, applying opposing management procedure.

Interesting! Just waiting to hear back from our union rep too about this.
mutley122/03/2020 15:06

i walked past our local pub on friday afternoon and there was a school …i walked past our local pub on friday afternoon and there was a school party at the pub, where the school kids used the last day of school to celebrate! it was really shocking when we are all told to avoid pubs and they are closing schools for a reason.

Cut the poor kids a little slack. It's probably their last day in primary school.
SaltyExpert22/03/2020 15:07

Interesting! Just waiting to hear back from our union rep too about this.

We are dealing with the same disease, we are all in it together.
How can you not go back to your office, when you can go into others' using the same management procedure for safety and security in a pandemic?!
splender22/03/2020 15:17

We are dealing with the same disease, we are all in it together.How can …We are dealing with the same disease, we are all in it together.How can you not go back to your office, when you can go into others' using the same management procedure for safety and security in a pandemic?!

I was in disbelief when I read the email.
The email that landed just before it stating we need to keep busy and book in as many routine inspections as we can.

Flabbergasted
RChew6922/03/2020 15:14

Cut the poor kids a little slack. It's probably their last day in primary …Cut the poor kids a little slack. It's probably their last day in primary school.

no they were teenagers. they were dressed in tuxedos!
tempt22/03/2020 12:23

That'll be bad for deals, jobs and the economy. The government should get …That'll be bad for deals, jobs and the economy. The government should get its priorities right and not impose a lockdown.

So money is more important than lives. Hope it doesn’t affect your family in any way. U will soon change your mind
Unfortunately this pandemic is just confirming how selfish people have become. Treat this lightly and more fool you as what's coming is huge.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants