Expired

Potential Tax back if you have a child born before 1/4/2003 upto 1048

14 replies
Found 5th Jan 2009
I found this the other day and although it dosen't apply to me I thought it was worth a Post once again the HMRC are not letting people know what they are entitled to . Please bear in mind the Deadline is 31/1/2009. Hopefully this will help someone

Welcome to the Tax Credits Rebate Website
Millions of pounds are owed to UK parents and families.

The year before tax credits were introduced, there was a different allowance available which was very poorly publicised by the Inland Revenue, now HMRC. You can still claim this £529 - £1,048 allowance and this website has been setup to help you do so.

IMPORTANT: Claims must be submitted by the 31st January 2009 deadline.

You are eligible to claim £529 allowance if:
You have a child born between 6th April 1986 and 5th April 2003.
The child lived with you for all or part of 2002/2003.
You worked and paid tax for all or part of 2002/2003.
You are eligible to claim £1,048 allowance if:
You can answer yes to the above questions and one of your children was born between 6th April 2002 and 5th April 2003.

Notes

Making the claim does not affect your current or future working / child tax credits.
Your marital status does not affect your claim. You may be eligible, if you were single, married or living with a partner.
You or your partner has to have earned £6,000+ in the 2002/2003 tax year.
If you have claimed the allowance back in 2002, you cannot claim it now.
If your final tax code on your April 03 P60 ended in a H or a T, you have already had the allowance. (If you are not sure, please apply and we will check it for you.)
Entitlements Agency will retain any interest and £94exc vat for processing/administration
Apply
If you did not claim the allowance back in 2002 and would now like to do so:

Parents who were single during 2002/2003 click here to download the forms

Parents who were married / cohabiting during 2002/2003 click here to download the forms

If you experience any problems downloading the forms. Please get the latest version of the FREE adobe reader by CLICKING HERE.

If you are unable to download the forms after installing Adobe then click here.

© 2008 The Entitlements Agency

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
14 Comments

so how does this work? fill out the form send it off and get money or it is a little more complicated?

We filled in the form and sent off but havent heard back yet - not sure how long it will take

Interesting will give this a go!:thumbsup:

loobie;3957610

We filled in the form and sent off but havent heard back yet - not sure … We filled in the form and sent off but havent heard back yet - not sure how long it will take

Me too. I probably filled it out a couple of weeks ago, but spose we'd better let them get over xmas & the new year first! :thumbsup:

how have you guys done this? r u paying this agency or going direct?

joharni;3958617

how have you guys done this? r u paying this agency or going direct?

Nope, going direct.

Try ]THIS :thumbsup:

thanks ur all brill!!

Banned

excellent news im gonna get my little black book out n ring round see if i can find any i can claim for

Got to be worth a try - but I'll go direct!

Banned

why is this expired?:?

Banned

check the previous post

Banned

casparwhite;3971199

check the previous post

fair do,s:-D

My wife was told about this this morning by some woman just having a general chit chat, so I did a search and came across this. Thanks birdyboyuk for the direct form. I shall be filling it in and getting it posted today, I am also about to call my local tax office to see if I can found out if I am entitled to it or not as I'm not sure I was paid the allowance in the years in question.

The form doesn't have the boxes for your name and address, so I will mention that too in case they don't accept it just written at the top of the page.

EDIT: Nope, not entitled, I was paid the allowance, my tax code at the time was 702H. Glad I made the call first lol.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The Brexit Good News Thread1016
    2. word association Game74244857
    3. Missing the old HUKD for sale area.55
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322810

See more discussions