Potholes

Found 16th Mar
Has anyone else noticed the terrible state of the roads currently? There seems to be very many potholes around.
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments
When I learnt to drive I was driving on the left of the road... Now I drive on what's left of the road....
njpugh9039 m ago

Always worse after cold weather. Just have to wait for the council to get …Always worse after cold weather. Just have to wait for the council to get round to repairing them

Unfortunately my local council, sub contracts roads out to Amey. I saw one of their guys in action last week, he had a wheel barrow of tarmac, tipped a bit in the hole stamped on it a bit and was done. 5 mins later a tesco delivery van went past and took the tarmac with him.

The best thing is the local council have paid them 20million quid for this service.
Edited by: "DKLS" 16th Mar
18 Comments
33450759-jUmoC.jpg
Yep loads and load around my way. Especially since the snow.
Always worse after cold weather. Just have to wait for the council to get round to repairing them
Handy tip:

Use : fixmystreet.com

To report any potholes or other things directly to your local council.

Ensure you state that the pothole is a clear risk to pedestrians / cyclists / motorists. And put up pictures if possible also.

This way the council cannot simply claim they didn't know of the Pothole & can be held fully legally liable from that moment onwards.

You won't believe how quickly the pothole gets fixed.
When I learnt to drive I was driving on the left of the road... Now I drive on what's left of the road....
njpugh9039 m ago

Always worse after cold weather. Just have to wait for the council to get …Always worse after cold weather. Just have to wait for the council to get round to repairing them

Unfortunately my local council, sub contracts roads out to Amey. I saw one of their guys in action last week, he had a wheel barrow of tarmac, tipped a bit in the hole stamped on it a bit and was done. 5 mins later a tesco delivery van went past and took the tarmac with him.

The best thing is the local council have paid them 20million quid for this service.
Edited by: "DKLS" 16th Mar
deleted265520
DKLS7 m ago

Unfortunately my local council, sub contracts roads out to Amey. I saw one …Unfortunately my local council, sub contracts roads out to Amey. I saw one of their guys in action last week, he had a wheel barrow of tarmac, tipped a bit in the hole stamped on it a bit and was done. 5 mins later a tesco delivery van went past and took the tarmac with him. The best thing is the local council have paid them 20million quid for this service.

I bet in the past you've had a contract with a road maintenance company or at least know the Director of one?
airfix1 h, 14 m ago

Handy tip:.Use : fixmystreet.com.To report any potholes or other things …Handy tip:.Use : fixmystreet.com.To report any potholes or other things directly to your local council..Ensure you state that the pothole is a clear risk to pedestrians / cyclists / motorists. And put up pictures if possible also..This way the council cannot simply claim they didn't know of the Pothole & can be held fully legally liable from that moment onwards..You won't believe how quickly the pothole gets fixed.

Actually that’s a myth. The council aren’t legally liable as soon as the pothole is reported, they will have a timeframe to repair it that might be up to 28 days or more depending on the highway authority
DT8916th Mar

I bet in the past you've had a contract with a road maintenance company or …I bet in the past you've had a contract with a road maintenance company or at least know the Director of one?

Nearest I have got to that sector is turning down a gig last year due to poor rates, however I did hire a irish chap to re-surface my drive last year, does that count?. Not sure if he was a director of a limited company or not. I doubt it, he was more of the "morning sir I have some spare tarmac from a job up the road and was a wondering"
deleted265520
DKLS2 m ago

Nearest I have got to that sector is turning down a gig last year due to …Nearest I have got to that sector is turning down a gig last year due to poor rates, however I did hire a irish chap to re-surface my drive last year, does that count?. Not sure if he was a director of a limited company or not. I doubt it, he was more of the "morning sir I have some spare tarmac from a job up the road and was a wondering"

@HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Unbelievable
DT8916th Mar

@HotEnglishAndWelshDeals Unbelievable

Cringe.
Yeah, perhaps something to do with winter?
The annoying thing is when they tarmac a small circle. When they tarmac a few metres of the road, the water companies will dig it out a few months later
On an optimistic note, the road opposite is fine now - as all of the potholes have now joined up in to one giant flat pothole the width of the road. So it isn't as bumpy anymore.
Potholes have killed my suspension, I've just had to replace my rear springs.
DKLS5 h, 21 m ago

Unfortunately my local council, sub contracts roads out to Amey. I saw one …Unfortunately my local council, sub contracts roads out to Amey. I saw one of their guys in action last week, he had a wheel barrow of tarmac, tipped a bit in the hole stamped on it a bit and was done. 5 mins later a tesco delivery van went past and took the tarmac with him. The best thing is the local council have paid them 20million quid for this service.

That's one hell of an expensive pothole, I'm sure they could of re done the entire road for that sort of money!
.MUFC.2 h, 26 m ago

Potholes have killed my suspension, I've just had to replace my rear …Potholes have killed my suspension, I've just had to replace my rear springs.

Make a claim against the council. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Paddy_o_furniture1 h, 52 m ago

Make a claim against the council. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I had thought about it but tbf they were probably ready anyway. Wear and tear, they just finished them off ;).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants