Poundland Forced to change their "Twin Peaks" imitation Toblerone chocolate bar

Found 26th Oct 2017
Thankfully it seems they are allowed to sell the 500 thousand bars they currently have in production, but just have to change the packaging. After that, they gotta come up with a new design for the bar.

Seems strange that they lost this based on the fact that the courts said they thought that they was to much alike. By the same rule then, places like Lidl should be also sued for the multiple products they sell that are copycats of more well established brands, in terms of their look and design.

uk.finance.yahoo.com/new…tml

2818001-xHfxG.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Probably didn't help that they made a TV show about the whole process of coming up with the bar.
17 Comments
Probably didn't help that they made a TV show about the whole process of coming up with the bar.
I've never actually seen it and i do look in there.

They got some nice LED lights at he moment for Christmas

Some of the stuff in lidl could be from the same factories tho, i was surprised in there last week to read made by Princes on one of lidls tinned items
Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 26th Oct 2017
Original Poster
Segata-Sanshiro6 m ago

I've never actually seen it and i do look in there.They got some nice LED …I've never actually seen it and i do look in there.They got some nice LED lights at he moment for ChristmasSome of the stuff in lidl could be from the same factories tho, i was surprised in there last week to read made by Princes on one of lidls tinned items

they never got to release it into stores. they was planning on releasing them in july or something like that, think it was even posted as a deal on here!, but not long after they got slapped with the lawsuit and it never made the shelves.

and a bunch of products in stores are made by big companies, for example you cant imagine someone like Asda having a factory that makes squirty cream!. so they get other established companies to do it for them.
Looks like Hard Brexit has won, just like in real life...

32316131-cM3YJ.jpg
"Unelected Bureaucrats in the courts telling my local poundland what they can sell???? Time to leave England and just be Swindon innit bruv'"

#Swexit
Doesn't most supermarkets have their own versions of snickers, bounty, dairy milk etc.
The courts should now put an injunction on Toblerone for imitating chocolate .. They are rank
wiggywig3 h, 16 m ago

they never got to release it into stores. they was planning on releasing …they never got to release it into stores. they was planning on releasing them in july or something like that, think it was even posted as a deal on here!, but not long after they got slapped with the lawsuit and it never made the shelves.and a bunch of products in stores are made by big companies, for example you cant imagine someone like Asda having a factory that makes squirty cream!. so they get other established companies to do it for them.

Well that was my point if they are making the cheap brand they are not going to complain about copycat packaging i expect its Lidl themselves who take the hit rather then them paying the manufacturing companies less, i like a lot of their stuff its all just as good as more expensive brands
The thing is why is mark's and Spencer able to sell the mountain bar, I'm assuming they still do that one?
wiggywig4 h, 30 m ago

they never got to release it into stores. they was planning on releasing …they never got to release it into stores. they was planning on releasing them in july or something like that, think it was even posted as a deal on here!, but not long after they got slapped with the lawsuit and it never made the shelves.and a bunch of products in stores are made by big companies, for example you cant imagine someone like Asda having a factory that makes squirty cream!. so they get other established companies to do it for them.

You would be surprised, for example Morrisons are the 2nd largest producer of fresh food (in uk) and they have 16 factories. Pretty sure most if not all of the big shops make most of their own own brand stuff.
Edited by: "MIDURIX" 26th Oct 2017
32317862-4D5DN.jpg
No wonder they sold so well in pound land, looks like the tips of crowbars.
Mondalez should be hung for that they did to Cadbury !!
They have the cheek to talk about copyright when they promised to keep so many jobs in the UK and lied?
Nar, good on quidland
Segata-Sanshiro19 h, 19 m ago

I've never actually seen it and i do look in there.They got some nice LED …I've never actually seen it and i do look in there.They got some nice LED lights at he moment for ChristmasSome of the stuff in lidl could be from the same factories tho, i was surprised in there last week to read made by Princes on one of lidls tinned items

I heard on Facebook that one of the Halloween lightbulbs that someone bought exploded with smoke after 2 minutes. Just a heads up. I personally wouldn’t take the risk even though they are 2 different products
Dolphinzz1 h, 58 m ago

I heard on Facebook that one of the Halloween lightbulbs that someone …I heard on Facebook that one of the Halloween lightbulbs that someone bought exploded with smoke after 2 minutes. Just a heads up. I personally wouldn’t take the risk even though they are 2 different products

Your loss
Dolphinzz6 m ago

If you say so. I’d rather not take the risk

Risk with LED lights powered by two 1.5v batteries.

On another note i bought a two pack of LED lightbulbs from ASDA one was faulty due to bad soldiering it lit up very dimly, they where over £4
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants