Poundland Now Have An Online Store! Option To Return Items To Store, £4 Delivery

Found 1st Sep 2015
Just a FYI really.

I'm quite familiar with online £1 shops as I regularly buy from poundshop.com (which used to be hereforapound/poundshop) and a newer one I've recently tried, onlinepoundstore.co.uk. Both are great.

Selections seem a little limited with Poundland online, but worth keeping an eye on!

Delivery is £4, but I'm sure they will have some promos as they're new? Free delivery over £50.

poundland.co.uk/hel…ns/

Edit: Direct link here poundland.co.uk/sho…sy/
The site even has a "Shuffle" function! poundland.co.uk/shu…fle
Community Updates
33 Comments
Original Poster
http://www.poundland.co.uk/media/wysiwyg/Home-Carousel/Ecommerce/HomeCarousel_ShopOnline_314x978px.png
Original Poster
Not sure why this is in Misc, but oh well.....just letting people know
proper link poundland.co.uk/
Edited by: "chocci" 1st Sep 2015
Original Poster
chocci

proper link http://www.poundland.co.uk/

I put it on as a Deal originally but it's been moved to Misc, don't know why. The direct link is poundland.co.uk/sho…sy/

The site even has a "Shuffle" function! poundland.co.uk/shu…fle
Edited by: "louiselouise" 1st Sep 2015
very handy , thanks for info
louiselouise

I put it on as a Deal originally but it's been moved to Misc, don't know … I put it on as a Deal originally but it's been moved to Misc, don't know why. The direct link is http://pltproduction.poundland.co.uk/shopping-made-easy

The transfer to "Misc" was to save you the embarrassment of negative criticism, I expect.
I think they need to bo a loot crate style monthly box of junk for a tenner, that'll annoy ashens
Original Poster
Error440

I think they need to bo a loot crate style monthly box of junk for a … I think they need to bo a loot crate style monthly box of junk for a tenner, that'll annoy ashens

Ah, I remember bigpockets, never did buy their box 'o' crap though Approved Food sometimes do a Lucky Box for a £1, but apparently the items are actually useful.
Returning things to Poundland is anything but easy. I tried to return some spanners because the pack had two of the same size in it and was missing the one I needed.

They made me wait for half an hour by the checkouts while serving other people. Then accused me of shoplifting, saying I must have swapped the spanners, even though I had a receipt in my hand and I had only bought them 30 minutes previously. Had to speak to four members of staff in the end, who were all rude to me.

Then when I tried to call CS to complain as I was livid about being accused of stealing from a poundshop, I had to wait 40 mins on the phone then got an answer phone. I left a message, to which they never responded to.

Fair warning, I wouldn't buy anything you might think you might need to return.

Edited by: "MSK." 1st Sep 2015
Original Poster
I have only encountered one ars!y manager in a Poundland (I live in the city centre and there's four within walking distance)...I'd bought one of those Chit Chat "chubby stick" knockoff lipsticks as part of a bundle gift for my mum - she wanted a lighter shade. It was still in the plastic packaging, sealed.

As I didn't have the receipt I was more or less told to get lost by one manager and they couldn't help (wonder if they also suspected shoplifting, bit rich as I'm always in their stores!). Yet walking around the corner to another Poundland, they told me to choose whatever I wanted off the shelf.

I have returned things (with receipt) a few times without any issues, though. Things that have broken/not worked properly, etc.
deleted265520
louiselouise

I have only encountered one ars!y manager in a Poundland (I live in the … I have only encountered one ars!y manager in a Poundland (I live in the city centre and there's four within walking distance)...I'd bought one of those Chit Chat "chubby stick" knockoff lipsticks as part of a bundle gift for my mum - she wanted a lighter shade. It was still in the plastic packaging, sealed.As I didn't have the receipt I was more or less told to get lost by one manager and they couldn't help (wonder if they also suspected shoplifting, bit rich as I'm always in their stores!). Yet walking around the corner to another Poundland, they told me to choose whatever I wanted off the shelf.I have returned things (with receipt) a few times without any issues, though. Things that have broken/not worked properly, etc.

No proof of purchase means you don't have a leg to stand on
Will have a quick look, thanks for the heads up OP.
moneysavingkitten

Returning things to Poundland is anything but easy. I tried to return … Returning things to Poundland is anything but easy. I tried to return some spanners because I didn't know how to use them. I should have asked one of the men on misc to explain .

moneysavingkitten

Returning things to Poundland is anything but easy. I tried to return … Returning things to Poundland is anything but easy. I tried to return some spanners because the pack had two of the same size in it and was missing the one I needed. They made me wait for half an hour by the checkouts while serving other people. Then accused me of shoplifting, saying I must have swapped the spanners, even though I had a receipt in my hand and I had only bought them 30 minutes previously. Had to speak to four members of staff in the end, who were all rude to me. Then when I tried to call CS to complain as I was livid about being accused of stealing from a poundshop, I had to wait 40 mins on the phone then got an answer phone. I left a message, to which they never responded to.Fair warning, I wouldn't buy anything you might think you might need to return.

That sounds awful.

Not the trouble you had with Poundland, but the fact a woman tried to use a set of spanners!.

Original Poster
dtovey89

No proof of purchase means you don't have a leg to stand on

Fair enough, just I thought they knew me as a familiar face and trusted customer - I lost the receipt and it's not something I would do typically.
moneysavingkitten

Returning things to Poundland is anything but easy. I tried to return … Returning things to Poundland is anything but easy. I tried to return some spanners because the pack had two of the same size in it and was missing the one I needed. They made me wait for half an hour by the checkouts while serving other people. Then accused me of shoplifting, saying I must have swapped the spanners, even though I had a receipt in my hand an d I had only bought them 30 minutes previously. Had to speak to four members of staff in the end, who were all rude to me. Then when I tried to call CS to complain as I was livid about being accused of stealing from a poundshop, I had to wait 40 mins on the phone then got an answer phone. I left a message, to which they never responded to.Fair warning, I wouldn't buy anything you might think you might need to return.

the tools they sell are such junk
And most of the other stuff they sell is not great value
Only ever returned one thing and that wasn't a problem
Was tempted by that poundshop post the other week but resisted
moneysavingkitten

Returning things to Poundland is anything but easy. I tried to return … Returning things to Poundland is anything but easy. I tried to return some spanners because I didn't know how to use them. I should have asked one of the men on misc to explain .

moneysavingkitten

Returning things to Poundland is anything but easy. I tried to return … Returning things to Poundland is anything but easy. I tried to return some spanners because the pack had two of the same size in it and was missing the one I needed. They made me wait for half an hour by the checkouts while serving other people. Then accused me of shoplifting, saying I must have swapped the spanners, even though I had a receipt in my hand and I had only bought them 30 minutes previously. Had to speak to four members of staff in the end, who were all rude to me. Then when I tried to call CS to complain as I was livid about being accused of stealing from a poundshop, I had to wait 40 mins on the phone then got an answer phone. I left a message, to which they never responded to.Fair warning, I wouldn't buy anything you might think you might need to return.

We all know I am stretching the definition of woman X)
thewongwing101

the tools they sell are such junk And most of the other stuff they … the tools they sell are such junk And most of the other stuff they sell is not great value Only ever returned one thing and that wasn't a problem Was tempted by that poundshop post the other week but resisted

I agree, they are junk. But I only needed them for one small job and would probably never use them again, so it didn't seem wise to buy something more expensive.
moneysavingkitten

All that hassle and it only cost £1 - probably cost more on the phonecall
Edited by: "philphil61" 1st Sep 2015
moneysavingkitten

We all know I am stretching the definition of woman X)

My confused is full of brain.

Are we still talking about big pockets?

moneysavingkitten

You're not like me i would have made such a fuss at the till so everyone could hear X) Waiting half an hour, its not on
moneysavingkitten

moneysavingkitten

Mark X) you must hate diy
Original Poster
fanpages

The transfer to "Misc" was to save you the embarrassment of negative … The transfer to "Misc" was to save you the embarrassment of negative criticism, I expect.

From my last experience of Misc, I'd say it's more likely I'd get negative criticism on there!
louiselouise

From my last experience of Misc, I'd say it's more likely I'd get … From my last experience of Misc, I'd say it's more likely I'd get negative criticism on there!

The fact you are still posting "Deals" (& "Vouchers") should be acknowledged, in any respect!

philphil61

All that hassle and it only cost £1 - probably cost more on the phonecall

It was only a pound, but without the one I needed I'd spent £1 on something completely useless. Phone call didn't cost me anything, thankfully. Plus they had accused me of stealing! Would you let that go? That's no way to treat customers.
Original Poster
The £1 shops, a bit like everything5pounds (which I have bought some amazing bargains from, and some utter tosh!) are a psychological trick. You go in getting a bargain but come out with more bargains you didn't have any intention of buying beforehand. I fall for it, anyway.

All those £1s add up. My mate thought I was "embarrassing" taking a crappy electronic item back in a busy store, but I'm a good customer and I'd rather have the £1 in my pocket than theirs! Stick to your guns moneysavingkitten!
louiselouise

The £1 shops, a bit like everything5pounds (which I have bought some … The £1 shops, a bit like everything5pounds (which I have bought some amazing bargains from, and some utter tosh!) are a psychological trick. You go in getting a bargain but come out with more bargains you didn't have any intention of buying beforehand. I fall for it, anyway.All those £1s add up. My mate thought I was "embarrassing" taking a crappy electronic item back in a busy store, but I'm a good customer and I'd rather have the £1 in my pocket than theirs! Stick to your guns moneysavingkitten!

It's very true, you have to be strong when you go into poundland! There's a few things that catch my eye every time I go in because they look useful and I've been trying not to buy them for a while. Haven't found an occasion where I actually need them yet, but they still tempt me.

Thank you Don't worry, I will
moneysavingkitten

It was only a pound, but without the one I needed I'd spent £1 on … It was only a pound, but without the one I needed I'd spent £1 on something completely useless. Phone call didn't cost me anything, thankfully. Plus they had accused me of stealing! Would you let that go? That's no way to treat customers.

No body would accuse me of stealing Who in their right mind would steal something worth a £1 (_;)
Original Poster
summerof76

No body would accuse me of stealing Who in their right mind would … No body would accuse me of stealing Who in their right mind would steal something worth a £1 (_;)

Haha, in Glasgow city centre they do.

In my few years here I have seen - a crowd gathered round a Poundland window - I'm curious and cross the road to see what's going on. Some poor (thieving) sod face down on the floor, knee in the back, security guard on top of him (shoplifter).

A woman shouting out "She took my purse!" in a crowded Saturday afternoon store, as a security guard sprints down the street in hot pursuit....

A guy casually ambling in, COVERED in blood (obviously erm, tuned to the moon), calmly using his forearm to empty a shelf-full into his basket, security guy eyeing him all the time....you could see he was mentally thinking "Nah, my job isn't worth going after him, dunno what he might have". Shoplifter walked out the store, with basket and booty, as if nothing unusual had occurred....

Security guards around here are as fit as a butcher's dog!
moneysavingkitten

X)
Original Poster
Error440

I think they need to bo a loot crate style monthly box of junk for a … I think they need to bo a loot crate style monthly box of junk for a tenner, that'll annoy ashens

Looks like they do case deals after all... Case Deals
http://www.poundland.co.uk/media/wysiwyg/Global-Promo/Ecommerce/GlobalPromo-Case-Deals.jpg

Seems to be cases of 6, 12 or 24.
Thats not the same thing as a loot crate stule random box.

only things I normally buy in there are hot wheels cars which they sometimes have. They are not a shop for the savvy, example multi pack if 9 bags of rainbow drops, well the same bags are 10p each in morrisons so your wasting 10p in poundland, teo 500mil bottles of pepsi from the fridge, well again wasting 10p as they are 45p each in savers etc etc
Original Poster
Error440

Thats not the same thing as a loot crate stule random box. only things I … Thats not the same thing as a loot crate stule random box. only things I normally buy in there are hot wheels cars which they sometimes have. They are not a shop for the savvy, example multi pack if 9 bags of rainbow drops, well the same bags are 10p each in morrisons so your wasting 10p in poundland, teo 500mil bottles of pepsi from the fridge, well again wasting 10p as they are 45p each in savers etc etc

I know it's not a random booty box, just thought it was worth mentioning.

It must be common knowledge now that shopping wisely is best - a lot of cleaning/household products are slightly cheaper in Savers and sometimes supermarkets versus £1 shops
OP- I love your poundland stories and thanks for this post- I have to pay to park to go to poundland, so good for me though am making a note to shop in your poundshops- men in uniform all fit as butcher's dogs sound quite appealing! MSK- how ridiculous to treat you like that! As if ANYONE would really mess about for the sake of one of a set from a pound shop? And it shouldn't matter how much ( or little) you pay for something, you still deserve decent customer service. Yes, everything's a pound, but as we know, every VISIT is a £10-£20 spend, lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions