Groups
    EXPIRED

Poundland Plants

Anyone had any luck with the bulbs from poundland? Was tempted to get some couple days ago as they had a huge variety and some nice plants, bought about 10 packs and spent all of yesterday planting 200odd bulbs thinking in the back of my mind that they're not going to come up.

Anyone had any experience with them? I know the plants aka rose bushes and so on arn't too great but the bulbs and tubers/roots etc looked ok, albeit a few dry ones... =S

10 Comments

Bought a few 2 or 3 weeks back....nothing yet and probably unlikely by the looks of them.

You get what you pay for i suppose....oh well worth a try for a quid.

I bought the twiggy looking shrubs about 6 years ago and had nothing til 2 years ago now ive got some lovely bushes, go for it :thumbsup::)

i got a rose from thre planted it and nothing that was round 3 weeks ago

Original Poster

Hmm, I hope they do come up... If they don't the garden will be really bare as I removed 2 large plants to make room for them. Got some coming from Thompson & Morgan though thankfully.. I just hope the poundland ones will grow as they look nice on packet =[ lol

I've bought a few shrubs, plants, seeds and bulbs from poundland over last few weeks - shrubs look ok and growing, strawberry runners didn't look fab, other fruit plants ok and have only just planted seeds and bulbs. Some of the shrubs retail at a fiver each even in places like wilkinsons, never mind garden centres, so I figured they were worth a go.

To be honest, you may as well top the plants up with some from T&M using tips/codes on this post:

hotukdeals.com/ite…-f/

42 petunias plus a tree peony for less than £2 can't be bad!

Original Poster

bearpack;4934513

I've bought a few shrubs, plants, seeds and bulbs from poundland over … I've bought a few shrubs, plants, seeds and bulbs from poundland over last few weeks - shrubs look ok and growing, strawberry runners didn't look fab, other fruit plants ok and have only just planted seeds and bulbs. Some of the shrubs retail at a fiver each even in places like wilkinsons, never mind garden centres, so I figured they were worth a go.To be honest, you may as well top the plants up with some from T&M using tips/codes on this post:http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/380169/tree-peony-er-qiao-just-2-99-plus-f/42 petunias plus a tree peony for less than £2 can't be bad!

I've ordered LOTS! from T&M using the free delivery, and £5 off code its such a great deal, lots of fuchsias, lavendar and other plants came yesterday and I'm still expecting a few more deliveries so I put some in the garden, if the poundland plants dont come up then I'll have plenty now for the garden from T&M but I really hope they do grow! I only spent £12 on them so not a huge loss, I'm more bothered about how much work I did the other day, and it all going to waste lol!

April 2014. Purchased 3 bags poundland multi-purpose compost and nine packets of poundland bulbs/tubers (all different)
    Results: Pompon dahlias-one flowered Hymenocallis-one flower out of three bulbs Mirabilis-no flowers Begonia-ffew second rate flowers out of two of four bulbs Freesia-no flowers Crocosmia-no flowers Lilium-Asiatic two packets (different) Shoots only-no flowers Other type dahlia-one flowered only (All potted middle of April 2014)

Waste of twelve pounds, time and a season of lost flowers.

Experienced

April 2014. Purchased 3 bags poundland multi-purpose compost and nine … April 2014. Purchased 3 bags poundland multi-purpose compost and nine packets of poundland bulbs/tubers (all different)Results: Pompon dahlias-one flowered Hymenocallis-one flower out of three bulbs Mirabilis-no flowers Begonia-ffew second rate flowers out of two of four bulbs Freesia-no flowers Crocosmia-no flowers Lilium-Asiatic two packets (different) Shoots only-no flowers Other type dahlia-one flowered only (All potted middle of April 2014) Waste of twelve pounds, time and a season of lost flowers.

You do realise this thread is five and half years old mate ?
    In fact I have tried them and like most things in there not worth the money
    finally got a handful of blueberries off my poundland plant after three years (_;)
    a more recent and active thread on gardening here
    hotukdeals.com/mis…255
    Edited by: "Wongy110" 18th Oct 2014

Original Poster

Jesus, 5 years ago, didn't know I was on here back then. Must say though, I did try buying them, none of them flowered, got a few leaves though! I posted on the poundland website on the bulbs/seeds product page, (noone posts comments on there!), saying that none of them came up, and within an hour I had a reply from another supposedly consumer who had bought them, saying theres had flowered, and everything was amazing and saying poundland were fantastic etc... found it quite funny as it was obviously poundland employee writing it lol.

krato

Jesus, 5 years ago, didn't know I was on here back then. Must say though, … Jesus, 5 years ago, didn't know I was on here back then. Must say though, I did try buying them, none of them flowered, got a few leaves though! I posted on the poundland website on the bulbs/seeds product page, (noone posts comments on there!), saying that none of them came up, and within an hour I had a reply from another supposedly consumer who had bought them, saying theres had flowered, and everything was amazing and saying poundland were fantastic etc... found it quite funny as it was obviously poundland employee writing it lol.

Great you are still here
    No one seems to post on on that thread I spammed we sometimes have a chin-wag about gardening on my weather thread
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767204
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1013
      3. word association Game73844474
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553782

See more discussions