Poundlands Twitter Account Gone a Bit Rogue!

Found 21st Dec 2017
Evidently Not Been Hacked.

Clever Marketing or A Bad Idea For A Social Media Strategy?

twitter.com/Pou…and
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
32860833-lwLmy.jpg
I love these
Absolutely brilliant
There is a whole series of them if you click to th right and view more photos. I think the point is it's a naughty elf, ASA probably won't do anything !

twitter.com/twi…936

...Doesn't make me want to go into Poundworld so clearly their marketing working lol
Lol suddenly have an urge to go there next time near. Hilarious, sick of everything fun being complained at by moaners, who find everything offensive.
46 Comments
Companies have realised nobody cares about Twitter anymore and no one subscribes to their accounts but bots so dumping the stupid money they have into it was pointless, so now they let marketing do what they want.
Why the hell would one want to follow poundland on twitter, serious snoreville
you've obviously not seen the dbrand twitter account...
32860833-lwLmy.jpg
I love these
is that elf tea bagging the doll?
I can see them getting into trouble with the Advertising Standards Agency for this to be honest. Not exactly what you would expect from a family company.
Absolutely brilliant
Wow. Did someone not get their payrise this year?
cdm2214 m ago

I can see them getting into trouble with the Advertising Standards Agency …I can see them getting into trouble with the Advertising Standards Agency for this to be honest. Not exactly what you would expect from a family company.

Unfortunately nolonger owned by the original family, sold out to a South African furniture and household goods retailer whose subsidiaries include Harvey’s and benson’s for beds.
32861288-4l3uu.jpg

Fair play
There is a whole series of them if you click to th right and view more photos. I think the point is it's a naughty elf, ASA probably won't do anything !

twitter.com/twi…936

...Doesn't make me want to go into Poundworld so clearly their marketing working lol
I'll be sure to avoid poundland then.
32862703-0uOQf.jpg
Poundland is more like Dumpland lately, dont spend much in there anymore often cheaper elsewhere.
And so the poor professionally offended SnowFlakes have been disturbed from their slumber

plymouthherald.co.uk/new…?00
googley240 m ago

Poundland is more like Dumpland lately, dont spend much in there anymore …Poundland is more like Dumpland lately, dont spend much in there anymore often cheaper elsewhere.

Should be called barely anything is a pound land.

Bought my sweets from Sainsbury's today, was cheaper.

Don't mind the ads though
Lol suddenly have an urge to go there next time near. Hilarious, sick of everything fun being complained at by moaners, who find everything offensive.
Cue the pc mob oot greetin lol
oh wow im rather shocked at that! But hey there is worse things out there i guess
32866861-gXN4K.jpg
The whole campaign cost £25.53 - and has people talking. A resounding success - and very funny.
Why are people moaning !? It's funny !! And they've managed to get people talking and a lot of attention on them so think their advertising has worked in some respect .. xD
bingebunny28 m ago

Why are people moaning !? It's funny !! And they've managed to get people …Why are people moaning !? It's funny !! And they've managed to get people talking and a lot of attention on them so think their advertising has worked in some respect .. xD

Why are people moaning !?
I don't hear anyone moaning...I'd like too - it'd be my best xmas in over 5 years.... oh wait

That moaning...

because it's the era of the millennials/SJW and political correctness. You are allowed to be offended at anything except you aren't allowed to be offended by real issues. And if someone tells you they are offended and you don't like that you can just label those as racist/fascist/sexist or other similar and be offended.

I know, I know it don't make sense but that's why you will be offended.

Twitter has an age restriction so if children (not teenagers) see this type of advertisement it's the parents fault and nobody else's.
If you have a teenage child and you've allowed your child direct unfiltered access to Twitter then there is nobody else to blame than yourself. Take some responsibility like you should have done when copulating and bringing that child(children) into this world.
If they paid more than a pound for those ads they were ripped off.
Weird if you ask me lol
googley211 h, 19 m ago

Poundland is more like Dumpland lately, dont spend much in there anymore …Poundland is more like Dumpland lately, dont spend much in there anymore often cheaper elsewhere.

I prefer poundworld, the shops look more scrappy but the products are better, they definitely had better Christmas decorations this year and they have stuff from loot crate and things sometimes. I think the problem is poundland is too big they try to have the same products all the time so they make deals for smaller packs, cheaper products etc, poundworld is still a bit of a random stuff off the back of a lorry place.

I don't like either of them selling stuff for more then a pound tho, goes against the point and is often not clear which items are more money
philphil616 h, 56 m ago

Why are people moaning !?I don't hear anyone moaning...I'd like too - it'd …Why are people moaning !?I don't hear anyone moaning...I'd like too - it'd be my best xmas in over 5 years.... oh waitThat moaning... because it's the era of the millennials/SJW and political correctness. You are allowed to be offended at anything except you aren't allowed to be offended by real issues. And if someone tells you they are offended and you don't like that you can just label those as racist/fascist/sexist or other similar and be offended.I know, I know it don't make sense but that's why you will be offended. Twitter has an age restriction so if children (not teenagers) see this type of advertisement it's the parents fault and nobody else's.If you have a teenage child and you've allowed your child direct unfiltered access to Twitter then there is nobody else to blame than yourself. Take some responsibility like you should have done when copulating and bringing that child(children) into this world.

Bit rich coming from the Snowflake who's blocked half of HUKDers because he doesn't like people disagreeing with him.
Looks like they got a 15 year old boy to do the advertising
Edited by: "moomoomeemee" 22nd Dec 2017
Segata-Sanshiro36 m ago

Bit rich coming from the Snowflake who's blocked half of HUKDers because …Bit rich coming from the Snowflake who's blocked half of HUKDers because he doesn't like people disagreeing with him.

When I saw a thread on this topic knew he would be i here spouting his hate speech at the young.

Same stuff over and over no matter the topic - 1 Of 4 or five right wing snowflakes on here.
Edited by: "joanddan7" 22nd Dec 2017
Segata-Sanshiro4 h, 41 m ago

Bit rich coming from the Snowflake who's blocked half of HUKDers because …Bit rich coming from the Snowflake who's blocked half of HUKDers because he doesn't like people disagreeing with him.

artnada15 h, 51 m ago

And so the poor professionally offended SnowFlakes have been disturbed …And so the poor professionally offended SnowFlakes have been disturbed from their slumber http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/poundlands-elf-behaving-badly-campaign-963057?00

joanddan74 h, 4 m ago

When I saw a thread on this topic knew he would be i here spouting his …When I saw a thread on this topic knew he would be i here spouting his hate speech at the young. Same stuff over and over no matter the topic - 1 Of 4 or five right wing snowflakes on here.

There are a lot of snowflake comments here and before. This is my reflection on these "snowflakes".

The accusers are forgetting the alleged snowflakes have parents and grandparents and are themselves once snowflakes , namely, what they meant unwittingly was and is, in my humble opinion in regard to divisiveness and social exclusion,

"I was a snowflake too but I am not a snowflake now so I ridicule the current snowflakes because I melt away like a snowflake when the snowflakes need me and think different from me now (and because they are not my type of snowflakes, they are the wrong type of snowflakes.)"
splender9 m ago

There are a lot of snowflake comments here and before. This is my …There are a lot of snowflake comments here and before. This is my reflection on these "snowflakes".The accusers are forgetting the alleged snowflakes have parents and grandparents and are themselves once snowflakes , namely, what they meant unwittingly was and is, in my humble opinion in regard to divisiveness and social exclusion, "I was a snowflake too but I am not a snowflake now so I ridicule the current snowflakes because I melt away like a snowflake when the snowflakes need me and think different from me now (and because they are not my type of snowflakes, they are the wrong type of snowflakes.)"

The only time I call anyone a snowflake is a simple equation - someone who calls a whole group of people a snowflake themselves a defined by their age/race/religion (very very common by five or six users here) whilst themselves being offended by every comment that doesn’t agree with them.

I hate the phrase.
Didn't take long for the millennial moaning and complaints about pretty much nothing to start.

It is an amusing twitter page, and apparently going by the posts their twin peaks chocolate is excellent, yet to try it though.
joanddan78 m ago

The only time I call anyone a snowflake is a simple equation - someone who …The only time I call anyone a snowflake is a simple equation - someone who calls a whole group of people a snowflake themselves a defined by their age/race/religion (very very common by five or six users here) whilst themselves being offended by every comment that doesn’t agree with them. I hate the phrase.

I would just ignore them if i were you, no point letting every thread be dragged into a spiral of depressing conversation. Just pity them and move on.
CoeK3 m ago

Didn't take long for the millennial moaning and complaints about pretty …Didn't take long for the millennial moaning and complaints about pretty much nothing to start.It is an amusing twitter page, and apparently going by the posts their twin peaks chocolate is excellent, yet to try it though.

They didnt have them in my local but had proper toberlone Minis overpriced lol
Edited by: "joanddan7" 22nd Dec 2017
joanddan719 m ago

The only time I call anyone a snowflake is a simple equation - someone who …The only time I call anyone a snowflake is a simple equation - someone who calls a whole group of people a snowflake themselves a defined by their age/race/religion (very very common by five or six users here) whilst themselves being offended by every comment that doesn’t agree with them. I hate the phrase.

You described another type of snowflake, those with a train of thoughts with lines of thinking which are different to those of the others and as a result they halt because the tracks are covered by the wrong types of snow.
Edited by: "splender" 22nd Dec 2017
splender56 m ago

You described another type of snowflake, those with a train of thoughts …You described another type of snowflake, those with a train of thoughts with lines of thinking which are different to those of the others and as a result they halt because the tracks are covered by the wrong types of snow.

Lmao!

Or leaves......
joanddan711 h, 36 m ago

So people being offended by an advertisement campaign on a media that has age restrictions and also as parents should take responsibility for what their children can or cannot view - please let me know what you would describe them as

People (vegetarian) being offended by meat eaters whilst on a blind date - please let me know what you would describe them as
^^^yes something I saw on one of those dating shows^^^

People being offended by another persons views who still lives in a "free speech society" so long as that speech isn't hatred
- please let me know what you would describe them as

I'm all ears (I used to be called Radar at school but was never offended by it), open to being corrected, but the only definition I can find currently in existence is millennial or SJW
miikeyblue21st Dec 2017

[Image]

That's my favourite

The pic I mean, not giving them
Edited by: "deeky" 22nd Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants