Groups

Power Cut

Hi,

We have had no electric in our house, due to a power cut for the best part of two days now. The power went off on Sunday afternoon, returning about 8.30ish, then stayed on until yesterday evening. At about 5.30, everything went really dim, then went off. Returned mid way through the night (2amish), but very weak, so couldn't run the shower, and it wasn't strong enough to turn the boiler on, as it runs off the electric before using the gas.

My house has been freezing cold and dark, and we can't even have a shower! Where do we stand? Can we claim any form of compensation? Pay over the odds for bl00dy power, and we don't even get it!!

rant over.

7 Comments

have you rung your supplier to find out whats going on?

i think it has to be off for more than 24 hours before you get any compensation

makes me feel cold just reading this !!

look on the bright side you have saved on 2 days of electric you will be rolling in it :whistling:

eeek. do you have kids? surely they have to sort something out if you do. i think you can get comp for lost freezer food and stuff after 12 hours? I may be wrong though, 24 hours sounds more realistic. Although I'm sure they will argue you have had intermittent power.

Is this just you or everyone in the street/area?

This is why this country's becoming so American. They want compensation for everything. Did you actually have anything damaged due to the power cut? If yes, then you'll need compensation to replace it of course. If not, move along, be happy you have it back right now. Karma will bite you in the ass eventually anyway. Some people cant shower for weeks (people on the streets) 2 days wont hurt you especially as it's a weekend anyway. That's what they invented deodorant for?! (forum member abomination would know).

Original Poster

t0mm;3966575

This is why this country's becoming so American. They want compensation … This is why this country's becoming so American. They want compensation for everything. Did you actually have anything damaged due to the power cut? If yes, then you'll need compensation to replace it of course. If not, move along, be happy you have it back right now. Karma will bite you in the ass eventually anyway. Some people cant shower for weeks (people on the streets) 2 days wont hurt you especially as it's a weekend anyway. That's what they invented deodorant for?! (forum member abomination would know).

Oh dear. It was all a bit toungue in cheek to be honest. especially about the compensation. Bit ****** off we have no light and heat, but it goes to show how much we take for granted.

compensation would be nice though! :whistling:

t0mm;3966575

This is why this country's becoming so American. They want compensation … This is why this country's becoming so American. They want compensation for everything. Did you actually have anything damaged due to the power cut? If yes, then you'll need compensation to replace it of course. If not, move along, be happy you have it back right now. Karma will bite you in the ass eventually anyway. Some people cant shower for weeks (people on the streets) 2 days wont hurt you especially as it's a weekend anyway. That's what they invented deodorant for?! (forum member abomination would know).

supply of electricity is a contract between buyer and seller - similiar consumer rights as buying an xbox that doesnt work -

its the middle of winter - family may have young kids and no other means of heating - it may not bother the shareholders that this person is sitting in the dark freezing cold erm -10 last night

your comment regarding homeless people was irrelevant - this person has a home which cant be utilized properly because a utility she/he is paying for dearly

This happened to us last year. Couldn't get then to move or commit to a firm timescale. Our neighbours had to put on a foreign accent before they would commit to come out!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Simply games French cases?22
      2. Is 'Isisue' a fake website/does it sell fake brands55
      3. Iphone 7 - What Case?11
      4. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?36

See more discussions