Power over Ethernet Doorbell Camera

Posted 23rd Aug 2020Edited by:"bigpappa"
Can anyone recommend me the best option to install a PoE doorbell camera?

I would like one where I don't have to sign upto a monthly subscription and has a decent app.
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
dynamic-cctv.com/pro…ml

Takes SD card for recording so no need for cloud subscription.

ezvizlife.com/pro…960

Decent WiFi one there, unless you have the cables in place for POE?
Edited by: "SaltyExpert" 23rd Aug
SaltyExpert23/08/2020 14:05

https://www.dynamic-cctv.com/products/access-intercom/doorbell-intercom/db1.html Takes SD card for recording so no need for cloud subscription.https://www.ezvizlife.com/product/db1/960Decent WiFi one there, unless you have the cables in place for POE?

I have cables in place for PoE - want to go with a PoE solution as then no need to worry about power or loss of wifi signal
Do you have UPS, if you lose wifi signal due to a power loss would this not render PoE useless as well?
Edited by: "samosa" 24th Aug
samosa24/08/2020 10:47

Do you have UPS, if you lose wifi signal due to a power loss would this …Do you have UPS, if you lose wifi signal due to a power loss would this not render PoE useless as well?

It' no Fort Knox - its a residential proy

Well I have wired up PoE in 8 points - I wonder if th adds value to the house.
This would be what I'm after to. The prices are way to high. It must be new development. Hopefully within a year everyone copies it and price drops.
So you're not worried about the guy who rips the doorbell off the wall and hooks up his laptop to your network?
But you are broadcasting your WiFi?

John_Macrae24/08/2020 16:39

So you're not worried about the guy who rips the doorbell off the wall and …So you're not worried about the guy who rips the doorbell off the wall and hooks up his laptop to your network?

John_Macrae24/08/2020 16:52

Not over ethernet.

If he’s standing in my front garden using my internet good on him. I will drop a bucket of water on his head or boiling tar.
John_Macrae24/08/2020 16:39

So you're not worried about the guy who rips the doorbell off the wall and …So you're not worried about the guy who rips the doorbell off the wall and hooks up his laptop to your network?

Then just enable MAC Whitelisting and Blacklisting on the Router. Problem solved.
Post a comment
@
    Text