Power Steering & Mechanics

5 replies
Found 11th Aug 2010
Hey all, hopefully someone can help me.

I was at the dealer I got my C Max Ford from and they have changed the steering pump on it.

Anyways I have done some homework and found that the car has an electric pump which requires the Green fluid. But there is a problem!! - And I asked if they put the right fluid in and he said yes just hydraulic fluid. but it isnt!!! It should be a different kind. Does anyone know anything about these fluids so they can give me some info to take to garage?

5 Comments

Ask them what fluid they put in. Then go from there. "Hydraulic fluid" is not an answer.

you need power steering fluid, ford have their own type but you can get it from any motor factor shop, if they have put hydraulic fluid in it then i would say that the pump will go soon as it is too thick and may ruin your rack

Original Poster

wickedteen

you need power steering fluid, ford have their own type but you can get … you need power steering fluid, ford have their own type but you can get it from any motor factor shop, if they have put hydraulic fluid in it then i would say that the pump will go soon as it is too thick and may ruin your rack

I am quite confident they put steering fluid in it, but ford have two types. A red for hydraulic steering and green for electric steering pumps.

Isn't there somewhere where you top this fluid up?
If so, unscrew the cap and have a look at the colour of the fluid, or shove a tissue down there if you can't see the fluid.

Why don't you call a Ford Garage? Wild stab in the dark not too much sarcasm intended honest

The colour could be completely different if they used a third Party type.

The type required is usually noted on the cap or the reservoir of the fluid bottle, check this and then ask the garage exactly what they filled it up with
Edited by: "Celticsun" 12th Aug 2010
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. New bladerunner1959
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)70562
    3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2685
    4. Add one, leave one game54415416

See more discussions