Groups

Power Supply and Motherboards??

If im currently using a 255w power supply and upgrade the psu to an 800w do i run the risk of blowing out my mainboard?, cpu or anything?

7 Comments

NO!!!!!

No.

What 800W?

TRY THIS FIRST IF YOU DECIDE TO ANYWAY
    http : // extreme . outervision . com / psucalculatorlite . jsp

The wattage is the maximum possible load/power drain a power supply can cope with (on cheap makes for a short period of time and on good makes long term).

ie: a cheap/unbranded 800W psu will overheat and die, if you were to have it run at near full load for several hours. A 800W Tagan power supply in comparison will happily run close to it's max limits over longer periods.

Agree with everyone so far, if you want to post the specs of the system u are running now plus also list any upgrades you thinking if doing I'm sure some1 can help you puck a good psu out without paying to much for a high powered psu if you system don't need it

nope, and listen to all the guys above.

The main thing is to buy a decent quality PSU,dont buy a £30 800w PSU thinking it will be as good as a £50 450w PSU, the main thing is the stability of the voltages it outputs ,
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4992464
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846351
      3. GCSE Results day89
      4. Samsung Note 81118

See more discussions