Power Supply for Philips Hue Lightstrip

Posted 25th Jan
Hi, I bought "Philips Hue Lightstrip Extension [1 m] White and Colour Ambiance Smart LED Kit" on offer from Amazon.
It didn't come with any power supply. Can someone guide me where can I get power supply for this Lightstrips please?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Any cheap option as I have spend money on couple of these LightStrips?
ander25/01/2020 20:02

You'll need the base option. Something like this - …You'll need the base option. Something like this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0148NMVQA

youve bought an "extension" so its an extension from the original unit (the one with the PSU) power supply) youll want to purchase that instead.
Why did you buy an extension ? That is designed to plug into a strip that already has the power supply
Mark_Hickman25/01/2020 21:08

Why did you buy an extension ? That is designed to plug into a strip that …Why did you buy an extension ? That is designed to plug into a strip that already has the power supply

Actually, I bought it as it was on offer also I don't know anything about it. I've got a shed which is full big and small things. It may stay there for little bit longer now
If you aren't going to buy the lightstrip base unit then you might as well return the extension strip to Amazon. No point in keeping it otherwise.
You know you need the hub as well right?
Haircut_10025/01/2020 21:34

If you aren't going to buy the lightstrip base unit then you might as well …If you aren't going to buy the lightstrip base unit then you might as well return the extension strip to Amazon. No point in keeping it otherwise.

I though, it will come with everything and I've already opened one pack.
winzzz25/01/2020 22:18

You know you need the hub as well right?

I've got Hive hub also got two different Amazon Alexa. I have seen Philips option somewhere in the menu of one of this. If it will not work, will send one of this back as I have already opened one pack.
KB9026/01/2020 00:48

I've got Hive hub also got two different Amazon Alexa. I have seen Philips …I've got Hive hub also got two different Amazon Alexa. I have seen Philips option somewhere in the menu of one of this. If it will not work, will send one of this back as I have already opened one pack.

As you bought online. Open or not you can send them back within 14 days. You may have to pay return postage.
Most Hue extension threads do normally have posts advising that’s what they are. It can be confusing but I’d just give up and move on.
Of course you could just stick them both on Facebook marketplace for £20 and and Recoup your costs.
Oneday7726/01/2020 07:07

As you bought online. Open or not you can send them back within 14 days. …As you bought online. Open or not you can send them back within 14 days. You may have to pay return postage. Most Hue extension threads do normally have posts advising that’s what they are. It can be confusing but I’d just give up and move on. Of course you could just stick them both on Facebook marketplace for £20 and and Recoup your costs.

Thanks for these option.
KB9026/01/2020 00:48

I've got Hive hub also got two different Amazon Alexa. I have seen Philips …I've got Hive hub also got two different Amazon Alexa. I have seen Philips option somewhere in the menu of one of this. If it will not work, will send one of this back as I have already opened one pack.

the hive hub is for Hive devices youll ned the phillips hue wireless bridge uk.redbrain.shop/sea…wcB

and also this .. with PSU screwfix.com/p/p….ds
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants