Power supply on computer

Found 6th May
I built my computer quote a few years ago, and I think the power supply has today died.

I know nothing about computers now. So was wondering whether it best to buy the same part again, Corsair cx500, or is there a better one I should be looking for.

Many thanks
Community Updates
AskEnergy
6 Comments
It depends really, it’s a 500W psu of a fairly low spec. Either buy the same again or pay a little more for something with a bit more headroom
Thanks for that. It is up and running again, but I assume it will be a sign that it may die soon
I suggest you buy a better one.
What is your PC spec?
Better ones last longer and are quieter. I've bought cheap replacements off ebay and they were fine for the remaining life of pc
allsa0016 h, 52 m ago

Thanks for that. It is up and running again, but I assume it will be a …Thanks for that. It is up and running again, but I assume it will be a sign that it may die soon

Get ahead of it. If it fails completely, it can take the rest of the system with it.

If you aim for a Silver rated or better yet Gold rated replacement, you’ll be doing well. EVGA are certainly a good option, Seasonic being the dogs danglies.
Higher tier corsairs are also fine. Look for modular or semi modular.
Op you should ask on overclock.net. There is a psu expert called shilka on there. He will know what to buy.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants