Powerbeats pro v AirPods Pro

Posted 17th Feb
Does anyone have both? I’ve had AirPods 2 which I’ve gave to my son and I liked them but useless for gym. So I bought Powerbeats pro which are excellent all round but the box is quite big and they are bigger on ear so not ideal leaving on all day at work but ok. Now I’ve noticed that the AirPod pros are on the work scheme for £2.30 a week over 2 years out my pay so only £230 interest free over 2 years. Are these worth getting or are they not much different to the Powerbeats pros?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
I’ve got the Air Pods Pro and highly recommend them. I run 5k everyday in all conditions with them in and they stay in no problem. Also the noise cancellation is like witchcraft. It’s unreal how they’ve pulled it off. In a gym setting when there’s so much background noise they’re fantastic. I don’t believe the beats have noise cancellation?

Another cool feature is Siri will automatically read out any iMessage you received when you’re wearing them.
seabs17/02/2020 13:38

I’ve got the Air Pods Pro and highly recommend them. I run 5k everyday in a …I’ve got the Air Pods Pro and highly recommend them. I run 5k everyday in all conditions with them in and they stay in no problem. Also the noise cancellation is like witchcraft. It’s unreal how they’ve pulled it off. In a gym setting when there’s so much background noise they’re fantastic. I don’t believe the beats have noise cancellation? Another cool feature is Siri will automatically read out any iMessage you received when you’re wearing them.

The beats have noise cancelling or something a bit less anyway. There great in the gym as well which is where I’ll always use them it’s just wether the AirPods are too similar to be worth having both
toonsquirel17/02/2020 13:41

The beats have noise cancelling or something a bit less anyway. There …The beats have noise cancelling or something a bit less anyway. There great in the gym as well which is where I’ll always use them it’s just wether the AirPods are too similar to be worth having both

I believe the noise cancellation on the beats is just from being an in-ear design, i.e. having something stuffed in your ear will block out (some) sound. The AirPods have “Active Noise Cancellation” which uses a combination of software and two microphones to block out all outside noise for users. You can turn it on and off. Honestly, it’s incredible. As an example, those sonic turbo hand dryers make hell of a noise but with noise cancellation enabled they’re near silent.

There’s plenty of comparison videos on YouTube.
Edited by: "seabs" 17th Feb
At that price buy them and if you don’t like sell, not really going to lose much...
I’ve had both.. the beats were uncomfortable for long use. The reason I switched from original AirPods was for this same reason. The AirPod pros are excellent, brilliant sound and the active noise cancellation actually works.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants