Groups

powerline adapters

on September I have bought TP Link Av600. Been awful ever since constant dcs. Looking for another pair of different brand. Been reading comments under powerline adapters it seems most brands have issues. Any feedback on Netgear? Zyxel? Devolo? bt? any other suggestions. (gaming purposes)

14 Comments

Original Poster

thank you upfront.

I bought TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack from Amazon about 1-2 years ago, works perfect. amazon.co.uk/gp/…N3O

Maybe you have bad wiring in your house?

i am using 5 av500 tplink units in my house.

update the firmware on you tp-links. as someone else has said could also be your wiring in your house

Original Poster

no firmware update for my ones available. on forums it says it's Av600 issue which never bothered fixing. connection drop-out is really weird it cause dns error which voip services still work but u can not browse web pages and etc.

tp link ones are rubbish, had 2 different types and.always disconnected at random times, common fault looking online

Original Poster

deanos

tp link ones are rubbish, had 2 different types and.always disconnected … tp link ones are rubbish, had 2 different types and.always disconnected at random times, common fault looking online

​what brand and model u are using currently?:)

dutis18

no firmware update for my ones available. on forums it says it's Av600 … no firmware update for my ones available. on forums it says it's Av600 issue which never bothered fixing. connection drop-out is really weird it cause dns error which voip services still work but u can not browse web pages and etc.

​Have you tried hard setting DNS to 8.8.8.8 just to see if that helps, could be your router is acting as DNS server & not responding quickly enough or your ISP DNS is borked & timing out when the extra time/route is used via the powerline but the rest of the time you just get away with it?

Not very likely but worth a try I've had some cheap devolo ones & they've been flawless.

I had tp links, cant remember the model number but had constant drops out and needing to reset them.

I've got NETGEAR PLP1200-100UKS 1200 Mbps Powerline Ethernet Adapters amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1
    Got them for £40 during black friday last year, not had a single issue with them since, never touched them since setting up. Working perfectly!
    Edited by: "poison3k" 21st Dec 2016

I have the "BT Broadband Extender Flex 600 Kit" which I got from BT themselves when I got BT Youview for £20 and never had any issues so far, they are also pass through plugs. Four months into use so far and never one drop.

shop.bt.com/pro…tml

No issues with my tp link, in fact , brilliant.

I tried 3 manufacturers (TP-Link, Zyxel and Netgear) and found all of them to be crap. Granted this could have been down to the properties electrics, but all of them had issues with dropping link entirely or speed being all over the place. If you are able to run a network cable instead, do it - you won't look back.

I've used various brands and all have been excellent. It's the age and quality of your electrics that is important. Take them to a friend's house that has had a recent rewire (last decade should do), I'm sure they'll work fine, if not - send them back as faulty..

Don't look at brands, look at chipsets. Powerline adapters share common chipsets so look for a decent review on that chipset.
    smallnetbuilder.com/too…iew
    All the high ranking ones use qualcomms qca7500 at the moment. hope that helps

Original Poster

kester76

Don't look at brands, look at chipsets. Powerline adapters share common … Don't look at brands, look at chipsets. Powerline adapters share common chipsets so look for a decent review on that chipset. http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/tools/rankers/powerline/viewAll the high ranking ones use qualcomms qca7500 at the moment. hope that helps

​thx :))
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7201356
      2. 24 studio order number 0844 800 11 22119
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2698
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1929

See more discussions