Powerline Adapters

Posted 28th Nov
I've had mine since 2012 and feel they might be due an upgrade. They're probably 300Mbps in terms of speeds. I'd like a pack of 3 ideally, as I'm aware I can't add another to my current setup. Any reason why they seem to be a lot more expensive these days? I paid £29 for my TP Link adapters when they were quite new technology. So yea, I'd like to pay less than £50 for a noticeable upgrade and an extra adapter. Is that possible?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Here's a good deal.. 2 packs of 2 (they can be linked together) plus postage for £50, pass through too. Here
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 28th Nov
Till the other day we had dire connectivity.
These are on a deal, WPS (one press set up)
amazon.co.uk/NET…HW1 ..on a black friday week special
@£39.95 per unit they are more expensive than you might wish to spend, but look how long the others have done you.

we were running 112 mbs since upgrading to these we are hitting in excess of 600mbs ..to say we are happy is an understatement.
get 2 whilst cheap & suck the cost.

NETGEAR EX6410-100UKS AC1900 Mesh Wifi Extender (1.9 Gbps) with UK Plug
  • AC1900 WiFi—600+1300 Mbps speeds
  • 1GHz Dual Core Processor
  • Dynamic QoS prioritizes network traffic for uninterrupted video streaming for applications like YouTube, Netflix & others
  • ReadyCLOUD USB Access allows you to enjoy personal and secure cloud access to USB storage anytime, anywhere
  • Nighthawk App - Easily set up your router and get more out of your WiFi
Mr_Gus28/11/2019 14:22

Till the other day we had dire connectivity.These are on a deal, WPS (one …Till the other day we had dire connectivity.These are on a deal, WPS (one press set up)https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-EX6410-100UKS-AC1900-Wi-Fi-Extender/dp/B07NY41HW1 ..on a black friday week special@£39.95 per unit they are more expensive than you might wish to spend, but look how long the others have done you.we were running 112 mbs since upgrading to these we are hitting in excess of 600mbs ..to say we are happy is an understatement.get 2 whilst cheap & suck the cost.NETGEAR EX6410-100UKS AC1900 Mesh Wifi Extender (1.9 Gbps) with UK PlugAC1900 WiFi—600+1300 Mbps speeds1GHz Dual Core ProcessorDynamic QoS prioritizes network traffic for uninterrupted video streaming for applications like YouTube, Netflix & othersReadyCLOUD USB Access allows you to enjoy personal and secure cloud access to USB storage anytime, anywhereNighthawk App - Easily set up your router and get more out of your WiFi

Your link shows the price of £64.99, offer must be over.... do you need to mess around with router settings? I live in shared accommodation so I can't mess around with the router, but the Wi-Fi in my room is atrocious, even iPlayer buffers...
malnuman28/11/2019 19:36

Your link shows the price of £64.99, offer must be over.... do you …Your link shows the price of £64.99, offer must be over.... do you need to mess around with router settings? I live in shared accommodation so I can't mess around with the router, but the Wi-Fi in my room is atrocious, even iPlayer buffers...

You missed it, it had been reduced since last week.

If you have a wps button on your router, zero messing around as per initial post
Mr_Gus28/11/2019 19:50

You missed it, it had been reduced since last week.If you have a wps …You missed it, it had been reduced since last week.If you have a wps button on your router, zero messing around as per initial post

Damn, that was a good saving, so I just pair it with the router, plug the Wi-Fi mesh in my room and alls good to go? Will have to look at trying to find this a bit cheaper,
check your router spec, check it has that button & you are good to go
en.wikipedia.org/wik…tup
Push button method:In which the user has to push a button, either an actual or virtual one, on both the access point and the new wireless client device. On most devices, this discovery mode turns itself off as soon as a connection is established or after a delay (typically 2 minutes or less), whichever comes first, thereby minimizing its vulnerability. Support of this mode is mandatory for access points and optional for connecting devices. The Wi-Fi Direct specification supersedes this requirement by stating that all devices must support the push button method.[6]
Mr_Gus28/11/2019 19:50

You missed it, it had been reduced since last week.If you have a wps …You missed it, it had been reduced since last week.If you have a wps button on your router, zero messing around as per initial post

Just ordered one, they are back at £39.99, but del Is from 9th Dec till Jan.. still worth the wait if it sorts my Wi-Fi . Thanks
Very Happy for you! ..you checked the router has WPS button for minimal fannying around, yes?
Mr_Gus28/11/2019 14:22

Till the other day we had dire connectivity.These are on a deal, WPS (one …Till the other day we had dire connectivity.These are on a deal, WPS (one press set up)https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-EX6410-100UKS-AC1900-Wi-Fi-Extender/dp/B07NY41HW1 ..on a black friday week special@£39.95 per unit they are more expensive than you might wish to spend, but look how long the others have done you.we were running 112 mbs since upgrading to these we are hitting in excess of 600mbs ..to say we are happy is an understatement.get 2 whilst cheap & suck the cost.NETGEAR EX6410-100UKS AC1900 Mesh Wifi Extender (1.9 Gbps) with UK PlugAC1900 WiFi—600+1300 Mbps speeds1GHz Dual Core ProcessorDynamic QoS prioritizes network traffic for uninterrupted video streaming for applications like YouTube, Netflix & othersReadyCLOUD USB Access allows you to enjoy personal and secure cloud access to USB storage anytime, anywhereNighthawk App - Easily set up your router and get more out of your WiFi

These aren’t power line adapters. I want hard wired connections, some things I use don’t have WiFi.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions