Powerline adaptors quick question

Posted 12th Mar
Hi, would 1 of the powerline adaptors need to be connected to the router? And then have the other one wherever you want?

Are there any adaptors where I don’t need to plug them into the router?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
Yes you need to plug one to router, but you can add extra ones as well... you can get WiFi extenders what have Ethernet on as well if that’s any help.
Yes, the other adaptor can be anywhere, but it also depends on wiring in your house/flats. It has to be same line.

For q2 you will need WiFi extender.

Better option if budget permits will be mesh network setup which have lan output too for devices. You can start with small setup and extend when you need.
RealOldMonk12/03/2020 06:01

Yes, the other adaptor can be anywhere, but it also depends on wiring in …Yes, the other adaptor can be anywhere, but it also depends on wiring in your house/flats. It has to be same line. For q2 you will need WiFi extender.Better option if budget permits will be mesh network setup which have lan output too for devices. You can start with small setup and extend when you need.

With the mesh set up, none of them need to connect directly to router right?
jay.312/03/2020 08:46

With the mesh set up, none of them need to connect directly to router …With the mesh set up, none of them need to connect directly to router right?

One needs to connect to router
What does q2 mean? I just want to cover dead spots in my home
How many dead are there?
see A1 to Q3, referring to Q2
For Wi-Fi dead spots, you can use:
1. Wi-Fi extender, this has to be within the outer limit of existing coverage, and it forwards the signal, the penalty being that since it must receive, buffer and re-transmit, the available channel throughput is halved.
2. Powerline with Wi-Fi - can make a separate network, or use the same SSID and pass to allow roaming, but with probable glitching when crossing between.
3. Mesh system, generally smoother when crossing between mesh nodes
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants