PPE Mask recommendation

Posted 1st Jul
As the title what’s a good reasonable priced mask I could get ??
Needs to be comfortable for wearing up to 8 hours a-day as shielding is ending august so need to get one for work , I’m sure work would provide something but rather have my own thanks
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
Ideally you could doing with been fit tested to see which FFP3 mask fits your face best and offers the right protection.

A new mask each day is going to be quite expensive.
Could I ask what you do for work? Does it require close contact for longer that 15 minutes with people?
Job is warehouse and with work college’s and couldn’t face test for any due to medically shielding which is ending august hence need to get something soon’ish.
Plenty of masks in shops, supermarkets, b and m and home and bargains for example
ding01/07/2020 23:53

Plenty of masks in shops, supermarkets, b and m and home and bargains for …Plenty of masks in shops, supermarkets, b and m and home and bargains for example

Most of those aren’t regarded as PPE though, yes they reduce transfer and are a good idea
@TR1GG

Tool station have these

FFP3 Moulded Valved Face Mask

10 pack £11.99

toolstation.com/ffp…704

41270400-JkPqF.jpg
Unfortunately I don’t think any are particularly comfortable to wear for long periods of time you just have to adapt to wearing them.
Aren't employers supposed to supply PPE?
hse.gov.uk/con…htm

Actually it's not a legal requirement. So could add quite some cost to going to work if your employer is going to be stingy.
Thanks for the comments and suggestions it’s given me ideas on what I should be looking for I know even just a snood would be helpful but (dampness due to breath) for prolonged period and I don’t really want to go go full bane either as cool as it looks haha so need a protective happy medium
TR1GG02/07/2020 08:39

Thanks for the comments and suggestions it’s given me ideas on what I s …Thanks for the comments and suggestions it’s given me ideas on what I should be looking for I know even just a snood would be helpful but (dampness due to breath) for prolonged period and I don’t really want to go go full bane either as cool as it looks haha so need a protective happy medium

How to use them and wear them correctly is just as important, you see so many idiots just wearing them over their mouth leaving the nose unprotected, they will relax things when not in close proximity and leave them around their necks, they are touching them all the time then touching their own faces, they just discard them along with latex gloves on the floor, these things are designed to be a trap for the virus and prevent it entering your body or to prevent it leaving your body, they act as a filter and could contain trapped covid 19, therefore need to be worn and disposed of correctly otherwise you might as well not bother as it could lul you into a false sense of security and make things worse
Home bargains have some great comfortable visors for a few quid. Perfect for long hours.
MyMemory sells them, see here
ding02/07/2020 09:53

How to use them and wear them correctly is just as important, you see so …How to use them and wear them correctly is just as important, you see so many idiots just wearing them over their mouth leaving the nose unprotected, they will relax things when not in close proximity and leave them around their necks, they are touching them all the time then touching their own faces, they just discard them along with latex gloves on the floor, these things are designed to be a trap for the virus and prevent it entering your body or to prevent it leaving your body, they act as a filter and could contain trapped covid 19, therefore need to be worn and disposed of correctly otherwise you might as well not bother as it could lul you into a false sense of security and make things worse

People dumping their used masks and gloves into the trolley after they’ve finished shopping is my bugbear at the moment 🤢
TR1GG01/07/2020 21:57

Job is warehouse and with work college’s and couldn’t face test for any due …Job is warehouse and with work college’s and couldn’t face test for any due to medically shielding which is ending august hence need to get something soon’ish.

they should realistically be able to protect you via social distancing. You should start there with concerns about your return.
Post a comment
@
    Text