PPE Procurement

Posted 20th Apr
I have just on the BBC that we are awaiting 25 million gowns from China !
I know we need this ! Call me sceptical but they seem very well geared to supply the world in the fight against a virus that they started.

Coronavirus: 'Low confidence' over arrival of PPE from Turkey, says NHS boss bbc.co.uk/new…029
Community Updates
Misc
21 Comments
I dont think it was technically the Chinese people that started it. Also, we hardly make anything anymore and import practically everything so we were always going to rely on someone.
I would imagine the Chinese never intended for the Virus to happen, though I suspect it probably escaped from somewhere accidentally. When the waters clear I imagine that Chinese have paid a price in Human life that dwarfs the west's combined total.
You said, "Call me sceptical but they seem very well geared to supply the world in the fight against a virus that they started. "

You are sceptical because the supply of PPE is independent of the coronavirus, no matter where it came from. China supplies PPE always, no matter what the event was and is.

However, you can be a billionaire, with your evidence of "a virus that they started", you could be a hero for Britain by starting a England & Wales legal civil case to sue for damages.

After you won, you can do every single contagious outbreak in the world and sue the countries too, for example, HIV.
@Alright_Dave@Bargainhead

Here is phone number for Slater and Gordon Lawyers, freephone 0808 175 8000 with your knowledge that "they" started it. They are very good, I am using them now via an agency.

Addendum
And an alternative for you Norton Rose Fulbright on 020 7283 6000

Let us know how you get on.
Edited by: "splender" 20th Apr
I believe this was planned and China started it, they also cleaned there mess up very well and quickly as the have no human rights over there. So it’s a win win for them now...

you watch what happens to prices from there and they will emerge no 1 after this as human rights laws hinder the west in stopping the virus...

I said this at work as soon as it started..
Edited by: "Bargainhead" 20th Apr
splender20/04/2020 10:11

@Alright_Dave @Bargainhead Here is phone number for Slater and Gordon …@Alright_Dave @Bargainhead Here is phone number for Slater and Gordon Lawyers, freephone 0808 175 8000 with your knowledge that "they" started it. They are very good, I am using them now via an agency.AddendumAnd an alternative for you Norton Rose Fulbright on 020 7283 6000Let us know how you get on.

Lol why would I be suing, it’s the world we live in. It’s all a political game, China is just willing to go further than the west...
@Alright_Dave

You said, "I have just on the BBC that we are awaiting 25 million gowns from China !
I know we need this ! Call me sceptical but they seem very well geared to supply the world in the fight against a virus that they started. "

A sort of proof that the supply of PPE is independent of the coronavirus, we change some words in your statement to:-

I have just on the BBC that we are awaiting hundreds of pickers from Romania !
I know we need this ! Call me sceptical but they seem very well geared to supply the world in the picking of vegetables and fruits that we grown. <== QED ; the fact that we couldn't pick the fruit and veg (PPE) got nothing to do with the country overseas
China geared up production massively to fight their own battle. They don't need so much now, hence the exports?

As for human rights laws, I would say all the so called democracies have already broken them by being so poorly prepared, and being penny wise, in fighting this pandemic and letting many thousands die. UK is hardly in a lockdown, compared to what Greece, Spain and France have done. And I fear it may cost us even more lives in the next wave.
Bargainhead20/04/2020 10:14

I believe this was planned and China started it, they also cleaned there …I believe this was planned and China started it, they also cleaned there mess up very well and quickly as the have no human rights over there. So it’s a win win for them now... you watch what happens to prices from there and they will emerge no 1 after this as human rights laws hinder the west in stopping the virus...I said this at work as soon as it started..

China are seeing their (not "there") infection rates rise again so they haven't cleaned it up that well if that were true. I do think the UK should have started preparations earlier and should have been (and should be) tougher, no question. The longer this goes on, the worse the death and economic toll will be. Sadly, I fear the unemployment we are seeing now is going to seem mild compared to 6 months time.
bozo00720/04/2020 10:43

China geared up production massively to fight their own battle. They don't …China geared up production massively to fight their own battle. They don't need so much now, hence the exports? As for human rights laws, I would say all the so called democracies have already broken them by being so poorly prepared, and being penny wise, in fighting this pandemic and letting many thousands die. UK is hardly in a lockdown, compared to what Greece, Spain and France have done. And I fear it may cost us even more lives in the next wave.

Couldn't agree more. I also think the adverts they are putting on TV arent hard hitting enough. If harder adverts are upsetting, tough.
No point in blaming the Chinese, blame the human race.
The earth has had to take drastic measures to heal itself.
The equivalent to an antibiotic.
Didn't the UK supply the Chinese with urgent PPE (nearly 300,000 items) in Feb?

It's one of the (many) criticisms levelled at our Govt
Edited by: "Gollywood" 20th Apr
@Alright_Dave

We have written some comments above, What feedback have you got for us in the context of your asking us about PPE procurement ? And which key points that you like us to focus on?
AgentDaleCooper20/04/2020 10:54

Couldn't agree more. I also think the adverts they are putting on TV arent …Couldn't agree more. I also think the adverts they are putting on TV arent hard hitting enough. If harder adverts are upsetting, tough.

I lived in Australia 20 years ago. They ran a TV campaign against drinking and driving. It was a bit gruesome but hard hitting, ending with the words "If you drink, then drive, you are a bloody idiot". I think UK needs the same, perhaps with visuals of people's suffering. Hopefully, Boris learns from his personal experience.
bozo00720/04/2020 14:04

I lived in Australia 20 years ago. They ran a TV campaign against drinking …I lived in Australia 20 years ago. They ran a TV campaign against drinking and driving. It was a bit gruesome but hard hitting, ending with the words "If you drink, then drive, you are a bloody idiot". I think UK needs the same, perhaps with visuals of people's suffering. Hopefully, Boris learns from his personal experience.

I think Boris and the Government (any party actually) will go back to under funding and under appreciating the NHS when/if all this is done. Sad but true.
Gollywood20/04/2020 12:13

Didn't the UK supply the Chinese with urgent PPE (nearly 300,000 items) in …Didn't the UK supply the Chinese with urgent PPE (nearly 300,000 items) in Feb?It's one of the (many) criticisms levelled at our Govt

The UK did indeed send PPE to China - as did the US, Canada and others as the Chinese didn't have enough at the time (they've obviously made plenty since).

All of them have been/are being criticised for sending PPE to China, but their answer is it was part of their efforts to contain the virus in China (obviously it failed, but fair answer nonetheless?).
tryn2help20/04/2020 17:49

The UK did indeed send PPE to China - as did the US, Canada and others as …The UK did indeed send PPE to China - as did the US, Canada and others as the Chinese didn't have enough at the time (they've obviously made plenty since).All of them have been/are being criticised for sending PPE to China, but their answer is it was part of their efforts to contain the virus in China (obviously it failed, but fair answer nonetheless?).

I agree. It pours cold water on OPs initial claims
tryn2help20/04/2020 17:49

The UK did indeed send PPE to China - as did the US, Canada and others as …The UK did indeed send PPE to China - as did the US, Canada and others as the Chinese didn't have enough at the time (they've obviously made plenty since).All of them have been/are being criticised for sending PPE to China, but their answer is it was part of their efforts to contain the virus in China (obviously it failed, but fair answer nonetheless?).

Gollywood20/04/2020 18:30

I agree. It pours cold water on OPs initial claims

I found out on the net :-

No 10 said back in February: "We have supplied them (China) with 1,800 goggles, 430,000 disposable gloves, 194,000 sanitising wipes, 37,500 medical gowns and 2,500 facemasks."

I am not sure how significant these quantities are in the great scheme of 3 months' need:-

Because, Chris Hopson, chief executive of NHS Providers, said, "NHS staff were getting through approximately 150,000 gowns a day." From the link provided by the OP.

Therefore,

Maths: 37,500 divided by 150,000 per day => a quarter of a day's worth of gown's. Though, helps for another 6 hours.
Given the crash in oil prices, maybe it is time to raise fuel taxes a little bit now and avoid the bigger increases later? It won't raise much with the low demand but it will slightly cushion the blow later.
Bargainhead20/04/2020 10:14

I believe this was planned and China started it, they also cleaned there …I believe this was planned and China started it, they also cleaned there mess up very well and quickly as the have no human rights over there. So it’s a win win for them now... you watch what happens to prices from there and they will emerge no 1 after this as human rights laws hinder the west in stopping the virus...I said this at work as soon as it started..

Not related to Trump or Pompeo are you?

The New York Times is accusing Putin of escalating the pandemic. The same New York Times was warning against over reacting to the pandemic back in January. I wonder if they reported on the medical supplies sent from Russia, or the ventilators sent from China. The conspiracy theories are coming from the usual sources and pointing at what have now become "traditional" targets. No evidence offered.

The reality is that the lack of equipment is down to the excesses of multinational companies that want to buy as cheaply as possible and as late as possible, to maximise profit. Essentially a global version of what was seen in supermarkets, where local stock was wiped out by a surge in demand.

This report covers the RAF Atlas A400M being used to transport equipment from Turkey, but I can't see any sign of anything coming back, so looks like it isn't leaving Istanbul.

Plenty activity in the north sea with a KC2 Voyager, two Hercules plus more out playing. Loads of Globemaster activity between Cyprus and Afghanistan. And KC2 Voyagers flying in and out of Syria and Iraq constantly.
Pity some of the enthusiasm and cash for endless idiotic wars wasn't transferred to more beneficial ends. he cost of keeping a KC2 in the air for 5 hours, the length of tonight's jolly - would pay for a heck of a lot of medical supplies that could, and should have been in store.

As to the virus itself, you might want to read this I haven't a clue if this has made it's way into mass media yet. Probably too complex for the average journalist to follow, unlike the "Man eats bat" story, which is almost certainly rubbish.

"human rights laws hinder the west in stopping the virus." - What?..
Well that put me to sleep..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions