ppi on mortgage

Found 30th Dec 2017
I took out PPI with my mortgage 10yr ago from Lloyds bank. I notice they have a website for ppi enquiring. Is it best to use this or go down another route.?

Link is secure.lloydsbank.com/ret…asp

thanks.
Community Updates
AskFinance & Utilities
16 Comments
Well if you go down another route using an agency to enquire and collect on your behalf you’ll obviously have to pay them a fee or they’ll deduct it from any award given.
They will only use what details you give them so save yourself money and claim yourself direct from Lloyds. Might only take a few weeks
Go to Lloyds direct, if no joy then instruct a claims company to act on your behalf.
Good luck going to Lloyd's direct
I had credit cards years ago , Lloyd's won't give me the information I need
I need to claim ppi through my mortgage but I took it out through a mortgage advisor :-(
Where have you been?
Bradleigh3 h, 37 m ago

Good luck going to Lloyd's directI had credit cards years ago , Lloyd's …Good luck going to Lloyd's directI had credit cards years ago , Lloyd's won't give me the information I needI need to claim ppi through my mortgage but I took it out through a mortgage advisor :-(

Yeah we used the mortgage advisor In Lloyds, so it's definitely mid sold as they got commission for selling it.

hopefully will get about 2k back or took off my mortgage.

just wondered, when they phone me up I dont have to have an interrogation by them and they somehow wriggle out of it.
MonkeysUncle25 m ago

Yeah we used the mortgage advisor In Lloyds, so it's definitely mid sold …Yeah we used the mortgage advisor In Lloyds, so it's definitely mid sold as they got commission for selling it. hopefully will get about 2k back or took off my mortgage. just wondered, when they phone me up I dont have to have an interrogation by them and they somehow wriggle out of it.

Why was it definitely mis-sold because they got commission from it? Did you know what it was when you took it out?
MonkeysUncle50 m ago

Yeah we used the mortgage advisor In Lloyds, so it's definitely mid sold …Yeah we used the mortgage advisor In Lloyds, so it's definitely mid sold as they got commission for selling it. hopefully will get about 2k back or took off my mortgage. just wondered, when they phone me up I dont have to have an interrogation by them and they somehow wriggle out of it.

My was a broker from local estate agents but the mortgage was with kesington or something but how would you go on and find info etc?
Bradleigh15 h, 24 m ago

Good luck going to Lloyd's directI had credit cards years ago , Lloyd's …Good luck going to Lloyd's directI had credit cards years ago , Lloyd's won't give me the information I needI need to claim ppi through my mortgage but I took it out through a mortgage advisor :-(

Then go to a claims management company. Yes you will pay 25% if they win but at least you will get something. Just make sure you make it clear that you have already tried and they wouldn’t supply the paperwork. Also be careful with small print some will charge you for their services if you sign up but then change your mind and stop responding. If you sign up just do everything they ask and it’s fine. I know quite a few people that have used them successfully.
Uridium3 h, 34 m ago

Use the free Resolver tool …Use the free Resolver tool herehttps://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Not all companies will use the resolver, capital one do. Barclays don’t, they reply about two weeks later saying to fill in a form on their website.
Bradleigh15 h, 30 m ago

Same here, no joy contacting all my banks, loan companies etc direct then went through a claims company and around 12 months later was £6k better off.....
MonkeysUncle11 h, 57 m ago

They will ask questions, your answers will determine how successful your claim is.

Most important parts to remember is that if you didn't ask for PPI, weren't aware that this was added and that had you been off ill from work would receive full pay from your employer then you would be in a better position to be due a refund.
cmdr_elito4 h, 51 m ago

Not all companies will use the resolver, capital one do. Barclays don’t, t …Not all companies will use the resolver, capital one do. Barclays don’t, they reply about two weeks later saying to fill in a form on their website.

I used resolver myself for. Barclays claim with no problems.
Cheers guys I'll look into a claims company in the new year as had credit cards and loans with Lloyd's but can't get any details about them
The mortgage advisor I used through a friend who worked alongside a estate agents , nowt to do with Lloyd's
A bit complicated as in self employed etc
Although one of the mortgages I had was through Lloyd's as this guy got me a better deal than Lloyd's could actually offer me
I put in ppi claims earlier this year and a few came back stating they were not responsible for the ppi claim as I went through a third part
They are saying that I need to claim off the person who set the mortgage up but he's a one man operation in a estate agents
He's also a good friend to a lot of people that I deal with
Hope that makes sense and happy new year and sorry to hijack op's post
Edited by: "Bradleigh" 31st Dec 2017
If you look on the money saving expert site there's also something about the commission side of things too.worrh a read.
Thanks everyone, my claim is valid and I'm getting paid in the next 28days. Wahooo.
very easy doing it all yourself.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants