PPI on store cards? Quick, free and easy check via Santander

Found 28th Apr 2017
If you had store cards from shops such as Debenhams, Toys R Us, Principles etc pre-2001, they may have had PPI included and you can confirm via one quick free phone call!

All you need to do is call Santander's Complaints Department on 08001712171.

Then press Options 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 3

Listen to pre-recorded message re PPI questionnaire.

Hold to be put through to advisor.

Give your name and date of birth and they'll check to see if you had any store cards with PPI.

You'll also need to confirm the address the card(s) would have been registered to.

You'll be asked to confirm why you're complaining re PPI, for example if you didn't request it or weren't made aware it was included.

If you have they'll complete the application there and then and a decision will be made within eight weeks if you are entitled to compensation.

Plus, as it's via Santander you won't need to pay a third party company a percentage admin fee
Community Updates
20 Comments
So Santander will know if you had a Debenhams store card? How will that work?
Original Poster
deeky

So Santander will know if you had a Debenhams store card? How will that … So Santander will know if you had a Debenhams store card? How will that work?

Because, as I understand it, they bought out the company who ran numerous store cards, which included some that had PPI included.

Is there a full list of stores available?
May give this a go, god knows what I bought on store cards when I was a young un
armybike

Because, as I understand it, they bought out the company who ran numerous … Because, as I understand it, they bought out the company who ran numerous store cards, which included some that had PPI included.

oO

Just for the hell of it I gave them a call.

Couldn't see any store cards with PPI

Couldn't see any loans with PPI

But he could see a mortgage with PPI oO

He's filled in the neccessary claim for and I've just got to wait and see.

Fingers crossed and there might be a pint winging its way to you OP X)

Edited by: "deeky" 28th Apr 2017
Original Poster
NTscott22

Is there a full list of stores available?

I think from info online and can't be 100% -

Dorothy Perkins
Topshop
Burtons
Debenhams
Evans
Miss Selfridge
Outfit
Topman
Asda
Wallis
B&Q
BHS
Fenwick
House of Fraser
Laura Ashley
Mothercare
Reid Furniture
Toys R Us
River Island
Halfords
Principles

There may be more and I'm not sure which had PPI attached.

When I called up they reminded me about an account I'd totally forgotten I had, so might be worth giving them a ring.
Original Poster
deeky

oOJust for the hell of it I gave them a call.Couldn't see any store cards … oOJust for the hell of it I gave them a call.Couldn't see any store cards with PPI :(Couldn't see any loans with PPI :(But he could see a mortgage with PPI oOHe's filled in the neccessary claim for and I've just got to wait and see.Fingers crossed and there might be a pint winging its way to you OP X)

Whoop Whoop!?!
Original Poster
googleboogle

May give this a go, god knows what I bought on store cards when I was a … May give this a go, god knows what I bought on store cards when I was a young un

Yep, I actually called about a Debenhams card but was made aware by the advisor of an account I'd totally forgotten about!

My wife also spoke with the advisor during the same call and they found two long forgotten accounts in her name with PPI attached!

We might end up getting no compensation, but equally might get a few quid that would come in very handy
Edited by: "armybike" 28th Apr 2017
Gave it a go - had some cards I'd forgotten about from years ago - all had PPI attached. Fingers crossed. Thanks for posting.
Original Poster
readingbrown99

Gave it a go - had some cards I'd forgotten about from years ago - all … Gave it a go - had some cards I'd forgotten about from years ago - all had PPI attached. Fingers crossed. Thanks for posting.

No worries at all and hope you're successful
Do you need to be a Santander customer ? As I've nothing at all with them.
Original Poster
Mum2ConnornCerys

Do you need to be a Santander customer ? As I've nothing at all with them.

Nope! They've taken on the liability of the store cards from numerous shops so you don't have to be one of their customers to see if you've got any cards with PPI attached
deeky

oOJust for the hell of it I gave them a call.Couldn't see any store cards … oOJust for the hell of it I gave them a call.Couldn't see any store cards with PPI :(Couldn't see any loans with PPI :(But he could see a mortgage with PPI oOHe's filled in the neccessary claim for and I've just got to wait and see.Fingers crossed and there might be a pint winging its way to you OP X)

Are you still paying a mortgage at your age?:|
armybike

Nope! They've taken on the liability of the store cards from numerous … Nope! They've taken on the liability of the store cards from numerous shops so you don't have to be one of their customers to see if you've got any cards with PPI attached

OK well I've had a few store cards so will check list but worth quick call anyway. Thanks
airfix

Are you still paying a mortgage at your age?:|

Why don't you read the post properly

If you had store cards from shops such as Debenhams, Toys R Us, … If you had store cards from shops such as Debenhams, Toys R Us, Principles etc pre-2001

Thank you will give this a go !!!
worth a punt
Original Poster
mighty.sausage

Thank you will give this a go !!!

A free phone call that takes only a few minutes with the potential of receiving money as a result - what's not to love?
Original Poster
miles136

worth a punt

Totally agree and the call only takes a few minutes and is *free*
Original Poster
So, it's taken a few weeks to be processed but now in receipt of a settlement offer of just under £400.

Well that's better than a kick up the bum!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants