Groups

PR Disaster for creative?

Creative sound drivers are messed using vista so some of their users have been distributing their own DIY drivers to help everyone out. Loved by everyone.. apart from Creative. Who today posted this on the forum:

forums.creative.com/cre…e=1

Cue 41 pages so for of people pretty much saying they will never buy creative again.

Someone needs a re-education on PR me thinks

12 Comments

This is all writing.

Creative have always been complete ****** with regards to drivers ever since their original fiasco when they started charging for drivers (for Windows XP). This doesn't surprise me at all and I've not bought any Creative products since said fiasco.

Wow, that is pretty pathetic. I don't think I have ever seen that before. I mean Nvidia did whine at Omega about his drivers but that was not to stop him completely, just to make sure people knew the differences.

NVIDIA does not, in any way, condemn the development of third party … NVIDIA does not, in any way, condemn the development of third party drivers; quite the opposite. We recognize the importance of third party drivers and for this reason we have not asked for work on the specific driver to cease. We recognize the importance of third party drivers and for this reason we have not asked for work on the specific driver to cease.

If Nvidia can handle it, I do not see why Creative have to go all crazy about it.

I have thought well of Creative products for a long time, from the original Soundblaster card up to my MuVo MP3 player. I'm going to look long and hard at alternatives the next time I need something they sell.

robovski;1801467

I'm going to look long and hard at alternatives the next time I need … I'm going to look long and hard at alternatives the next time I need something they sell.

auzentech.com/sit…php - they use Creative technology but as far as I am aware they have their own drivers. Best of both worlds :-D

Too right PR disaster

talk about shooting yourself in the foot, digging your own grave etc,

According to engadget they have taken the comments back.

engadget.com/200…iv/

Original Poster

Admin;1802362

According to engadget they have taken the comments … According to engadget they have taken the comments back.http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/29/creative-halts-unauthorized-distribution-of-homegrown-vista-driv/

For them the damage is already done i think,

Original Poster

Today Newegg posted on the site (the american version of ebuyer from what i gather) saying

While it is not our place to condemn the decisions of Creative regarding … While it is not our place to condemn the decisions of Creative regarding this issue, our customers come first. That being said, it has come to our attention that many of our customers are not happy with the products Creative has released nor the support for those products. To wit, we have processed nearly 5,000 return orders within the past 48 hours. While it is not normally in our best interest to publically comment in a manufacturer's forum, the overwhelming concensus has left us little choice. As such, effective tommorow morning newegg.com will suspend sales of the sound cards in question, particularly those indicated as "Vista compatible", pending an investigation into the matter. Those of you whom recently ordered such a card will still recieve your product as indicated in any relevant conversations. While we regret this abrupt decision, it has been deemed neccessary to protect the interest of our consumers. We welcome contact from Creative as soon as is possible so that we may resolve this issue.

While not confirmed by their site it will be interesting to see if this is real

Titchimp;1807501

Today Newegg posted on the site (the american version of ebuyer from what … Today Newegg posted on the site (the american version of ebuyer from what i gather) saying While not confirmed by their site it will be interesting to see if this is real

That should get Creative's attention! They may ignore a few geeks on a techie forum, but when the general public start returning their products they hve trouble.

Motivating the consumer can be dificult but once he gets going it's a hell of a thing to stop.

Banned

Well he was asking for donations, that is wrong! if he was asking us to donate to an official charity sure that would be okay.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767248
      2. love affairs1226
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1212
      4. Apples new update812
      5. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1723

See more discussions