Prague recommendations

Posted 12th Jan
We have a big wedding anniversary coming up later this year and so was looking to take the wife away somewhere for the weekend.

My initial thought la were a hotel or similar not to far away but for a break without the kids but I do know that in the past she has also said that she would like to visit Prague.

I’m not looking for 5 star but also don’t want a hostel full of stag and hens so was just wondering if anyone could recommend anywhere ?

Also is it still worth a visit or has the place now been overrun but the aforementioned wedding parties and strip joints ?
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
We went to the hotel international in Sept it’s just outside the city centre so had no problems with stag/hen parties,tram stop outside the hotel takes about 20 minutes to get in also underground 5 minutes walk can use the same ticket for both and is cheap.When you get into the centre it’s gets really busy and that’s when you see the stag/hen parties
@deeky 's your man to ask about this. He's been quite recently I believe. He managed to get back alive without experiencing getting strapped to a chair in an abandoned warehouse - or did he???

Any tips for the OP, Deeky?
We were there in November. Didn't see any of the seedy stuff. If it's there (I'm sure it is) it's not in your face like Amsterdam and the like. I'm sure it's easily found if you want to.

We stayed in this hotel tripadvisor.co.uk/Hot…tml Absolutely perfect location, literally in the shadow of Charles Bridge at the Castle end, away from Old Town. 10 minutes walk across the bridge to Old Town. Hotel was great apart from flakey wi-fi. Would highly recommend.
I recommend watching this YT video about getting from Prague airport to the centre, plus the other Prague vids on the channel.
Prague isn't like it used to be, partly due to drinks in the city centre no longer being cheap the way they once were, so many UK stags have moved on to places like Tallinn. The government/police have also cleared all the hookers off the streets, so it's much more family-friendly. You should be fine.
If you need any other tips just inbox me, i am Czech and lived in Prague.

As for hotel - find the one you like, it does not need to be right in city centre, as you can get there by underground metro pretty fast.
We stayed here booking.com/hot…mpl in the room pictured. It was very nice, very close to the tourist areas and full of character.
We stayed at the kampa gardens on kampa island, its right by charles bridge ( 2 min walk ) quiet area, next to a park and river, 15- 20 mins to new town and 5-10 mins to old town. This is on the castle side of the town, with restaurants and bars close by. Good reviews too.
Edited by: "cornishscouse" 12th Jan
Went to Prague a couple of years ago with my partner and we really enjoyed it. Stayed at Hotel Maximilian, it's in a really good location and the customer service is excellent. They do a great free breakfast and will probably send you a cake and bubbly if you let them know you're celebrating an anniversary
Head south to Cesky Krumlov. It's a hidden gem and amazing.
I went to Prague in 2008 and it was nice. It's very different now.

Stayed in Hotel Garni mysi dira. Four poster bed, 10/10
Edited by: "hoggs" 14th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions