Groups

Prague train stations

I am going travelling in Prague next month and have already booked my train tickets. When I leave Prague I am travelling from the main train station (Hlavni Nadrazi) which I have found on a map, but when I arrive I arrive at "Praha Holesove Ice" or "Prague Holesorvice" which I cannot find reference to anywhere! Anyone know where it is or anything about it?

9 Comments

No idea how up to date the general info is (it was released sep 2006) but if you own a PSP there's a UMD called "Passport to prague" available for only £2.96 @ Uwish ]HERE (half the price of the next cheapest retailer).

Amazon give the following info....

Points of interest: Each city has 250 main points of interest covering … Points of interest: Each city has 250 main points of interest covering eating, sleeping, nightlife, shopping and sights with original photography, key information and contact detailsEssential information: The bits you just must know from pharmacies to embassies, hospitals, airlines, money and costsGetting around: Comprehensive and detailed zoom-in, zoom-out maps covering transport systems and roadsAudio Tours: Each guide comes with three bespoke audio tours that you can listen to whilst you walk. Each takes you through a particular part of town and takes you off the beaten trackVideo Content: A dedicated film crew has been out there capturing the essence of each city to inspire you and show you round even before you touch downItineraries: Passport To... comes packed with pre-loaded itineraries for every sort of visit from a cultural break to a weekend of hedonism. Each itinerary comes with a calendar view that can be built on to create the perfect scheduleYour Itineraries: Build your own visit from scratch drawing on the 250 points of interest to create your perfect city break and go online to download more

i have a berlitz guide that we used when we went but it doesnt mention the train stations BUT lists the Czech tourist authority at Morley House, Regent streed - tel 020 7631 0427
    [url]www.czechtourism.com[/url], [url]www.piz.cz[/url],
    or [url]www.dpp.cz/en[/url] - prague public transport
    hope that helps some

Original Poster

Cheers guys, but still no luck in locating this ghost station

[url]www.pragueiguide.com[/url], [url]www.czech-travel-guide.com[/url], [url]www.inyourpocket.com/cr/prague/en[/url]
    all listed in the same book - after that i'm stumped
    just remember to get your ticket punched the second you get on the train or bus or whatever - we had a very bad experience and ended up paying lots of money not to get arrested by an over officious ticket inspector.

Where are you staying in prague?

Original Poster

Aquatic;2640501

[url]www.pragueiguide.com[/url], [url]www.czech-travel-guide.com[/url], … [url]www.pragueiguide.com[/url], [url]www.czech-travel-guide.com[/url], [url]www.inyourpocket.com/cr/prague/en[/url]all listed in the same book - after that i'm stumpedjust remember to get your ticket punched the second you get on the train or bus or whatever - we had a very bad experience and ended up paying lots of money not to get arrested by an over officious ticket inspector.

Do you have to seek out someone to punch your ticket or do they find you?

Anyway cheers for all your help!

Original Poster

Titchimp;2640537

Where are you staying in prague?

Sant Jordi Prague Florenc

It's just a little hostel in Prague.

]http//ww…428

Original Poster

Aquatic;2640501

[url]www.czech-travel-guide.com[/url].

Found it using this link! Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

stufai;2640584

Do you have to seek out someone to punch your ticket or do they find … Do you have to seek out someone to punch your ticket or do they find you?Anyway cheers for all your help!

no - theres a machine on the bus and i think the train one is actually on the platform.
    We didnt punch it straight away on the bus back to the airport. He wanted to fine us and then got quite nasty when we didnt have any money and involved the police at the terminal. It was very distressing and we are sure he was targetting the tourists.

Anyway - forwarned is forarmed. have a lovely time and i'm glad you found your station
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News45
      2. PlayStation Hacked Again?33
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?33193
      4. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1020

See more discussions