Pram/Pushchair to fit in the boot of a Mini?

Found 1st Jun 2012
Me and the OH are expecting but unfortunately she had an 11 plate Mini Cooper D. Does anyone know what prams/pushchairs fit in the boot through personal experience?

We've read allsorts on reviews but reviews don't compare to personal experience
Community Updates
MiscMiniPramPushchair
24 Comments
Original Poster
Anyone....?
Banned
http://is01.thegumtree.com/image/big/126725577.jpg
Don't have personal experience of the car unfortunately!
But I recommend the Petite Star Zia as a very compact pushchair (which is suitable from birth as it reclines.)
Hope that helps slightly!
m.youtube.com/

Edited by: "chuckiedoll" 1st Jun 2012
aren't minis pretty big compared to 'the old days' ?
if so you'll probably have more choice than you think
pop down to mothercare after thinking about what you want then just ask them to try in boot to see if fits
one we chose due to small boot (2000 clio at time) was a loola up which was ~90cm when folded

Edited by: "brilly" 1st Jun 2012
Nuna fits a mini
Original Poster
Haha - consider it bought DG!

Cheers chuckie, i'll check it out

Brilly - The boot is tiny! From back seat to window there's 31 cm!
Baby jogger plus it's a good easy practical pram
Mikethemanc

Haha - consider it bought DG!Cheers chuckie, i'll check it outBrilly - … Haha - consider it bought DG!Cheers chuckie, i'll check it outBrilly - The boot is tiny! From back seat to window there's 31 cm!

wow that is small, looks like alot of bulk added to rest of car.
petite zia wont fit then its 75cm x 36cm x 34cm folded according to amazon
loola up is longer but narrower @ 92 x 37 x 26 cm (think thats with seat on)
sounds like best bet is asking mothercare really unless get lucky with mini driver (not minnie, missus would be upset i presume)

Edited by: "brilly" 1st Jun 2012
Banned
Had a mini cooper until misses JTT got pregnant. We upgraded to the countryman. Perfect car to fit most buggies.
Not got a chance with the standard cooper.
We had a Bebeconfort Loola Up which was a super pram, went in perfectly, I think they are Maxi Cosi now but not sure, Petite Star Zia, Quinny Zapp, even our Phil and Teds Vibe would go in there with the parcel shelf out. I dont know if they still have this but you can move the rear seat forward a few inches and still have use of the seats? Did it in my old 08 cooper.

The Mini boot is very small tbh, so don't expect to fit too much more, not sure why but I fitted one of those massive boxes and roof racks on top of mine, looked the dogs nads lol.
brilly

wow that is small, looks like alot of bulk added to rest of car.petite … wow that is small, looks like alot of bulk added to rest of car.petite zia wont fit then its 75cm x 36cm x 34cm folded according to amazonloola up is longer but narrower @ 92 x 37 x 26 cm (think thats with seat on)sounds like best bet is asking mothercare really unless get lucky with mini driver (not minnie, missus would be upset i presume)

Loola up and Petite Star do fit.
What about one that goes at the back of the front seats, on the floor? I used to do that when I had a matiz. Any umbrella type fold should be ok then?
Or use a sling
honeyb35

What about one that goes at the back of the front seats, on the floor? I … What about one that goes at the back of the front seats, on the floor? I used to do that when I had a matiz. Any umbrella type fold should be ok then?Or use a sling

Problem is there is a big hump there, so if there is a child seat this could cause a problem.
aircanman

Loola up and Petite Star do fit.

well someones measurements are off!
good news though as dont want to limit choices too much.
Just get rid of the Mini and buy a proper car.
Inactive

Just get rid of the Mini and buy a proper car.

The New Mini is a superb car, handles like a sports car, on the motorway it is like a merc.
brilly

well someones measurements are off! :)good news though as dont want to … well someones measurements are off! :)good news though as dont want to limit choices too much.

I owned all the pushchairs I listed, and have had them in the mini
aircanman

The New Mini is a superb car, handles like a sports car, on the motorway … The New Mini is a superb car, handles like a sports car, on the motorway it is like a merc.

" Superb Car "...it even has it's own " problems " web site..

http://www.miniproblems.com/

Over rated, over priced junk.
vfordy

Baby jogger plus it's a good easy practical pram

Another vote for the Baby Jogger, tried loads of different prams until I finally settled with this.
I had no probs with a quinny buzz and a petite star zia when I had my cooper s a couple years ago. The problem was there wasn't much room for anything else! So inevitably I changed to something bigger and faster.
Inactive

" Superb Car "...it even has it's own " problems " web site.. … " Superb Car "...it even has it's own " problems " web site.. http://www.miniproblems.com/Over rated, over priced junk.

I never said it was reliable, the first one I had (out of 7) had its value in repairs done within 6 months.
Was gonna say you need to ask JTT but he has already offered his advice.

Good move Mike suggesting the mini is actually your partners. Some people have been known to get branded X)
Original Poster
WoolyM - Haha, i'd rather have a Mini and be proud over my shed

UPDATE: We've tried the M&P Sola and Urbo - Neither fit, but the Zoom did.

From what we've seen so far we've got a choice of either the M&P Zoom, the Silver Cross Surf or the Babystyle Oyster
Original Poster
We looked at the "Chargoal grey" and the "Blood Red" versions
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants