Found 16th Jan 2009
cut a long story short,

basically, I keep getting withheld numbers contacting me on my mobile number. These are prank calls. I got a good idea who it is aswell. All i want to do is block withheld numbers to my mobile phone

Rang T-mobile and they said they cant block withheld numbers, but can change my mobile phone number! That is rubbish! The people would probably get hold of my number again, and i would have to tell everyone of my new number!

I am sure i heard somewhere of other networks blocking withheld numbers

So what else can I do??

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
28 Comments

find a network that definitely can block withheld numbers and move to them? you should be able to keep your number.

on my phone you can assign a ringtone to anybody in my contact list. so i can assign a tone to all the people in my phone book, and assign no tone for the main phone. then if anybody calls that's not in my phone book, i won't hear it. if it's a real call from somebody in your phonebook, then they can leave a message for you

I believe there is an app you can install on your phone that will block numbers of your choice, will research it further but what phone have you?

BFM

PapaSmurf;4093292

on my phone you can assign a ringtone to anybody in my contact list. so i … on my phone you can assign a ringtone to anybody in my contact list. so i can assign a tone to all the people in my phone book, and assign no tone for the main phone. then if anybody calls that's not in my phone book, i won't hear it. if it's a real call from somebody in your phonebook, then they can leave a message for you

REP FOR A GOOD IDEA:thumbsup:

just answer it and blow whistle down phone

Original Poster

ChipSticks;4093236

find a network that definitely can block withheld numbers and move to … find a network that definitely can block withheld numbers and move to them? you should be able to keep your number.

well i have a good contract atm. I dont really want to move

PapaSmurf;4093292

on my phone you can assign a ringtone to anybody in my contact list. so i … on my phone you can assign a ringtone to anybody in my contact list. so i can assign a tone to all the people in my phone book, and assign no tone for the main phone. then if anybody calls that's not in my phone book, i won't hear it. if it's a real call from somebody in your phonebook, then they can leave a message for you

hmm, that its a bit of a logn widned way, there should be a way of just stopping withheld numbers
BurningFeetMan;4093293

I believe there is an app you can install on your phone that will block … I believe there is an app you can install on your phone that will block numbers of your choice, will research it further but what phone have you?BFM

I have a N73

I just got a call back from t-mobile and he said the nuisance advice bureau will call me next week so i will hopefully sort it out with them

answer it and leave call running shilst u watch tv, theyl stop when they lose £1 a go

the N73 runs symbian o/s so there is a program called "do not call me dear - phone rejecter"

Features:

1)Reject all calls

Rejects all calls when you are in driving, in movie,
in meeting etc
(you can check all the calls from log when you become
free).

2)Black list

Blocks all unnecessary calls which will take out your
peace,time and energy.

3)White list

Allows only the calls from the numbers from which you
want to recieve the calls.

If you struggle to find the program get in touch with me and i will sort you out

BFM

Original Poster

BurningFeetMan;4093473

the N73 runs symbian o/s so there is a program called "do not call me … the N73 runs symbian o/s so there is a program called "do not call me dear - phone rejecter" Features: 1)Reject all calls Rejects all calls when you are in driving, in movie, in meeting etc (you can check all the calls from log when you become free). 2)Black list Blocks all unnecessary calls which will take out your peace,time and energy. 3)White list Allows only the calls from the numbers from which you want to recieve the calls.If you struggle to find the program get in touch with me and i will sort you out ;)BFM

ok thanks will give it a go

BurningFeetMan;4093473

the N73 runs symbian o/s so there is a program called "do not call me … the N73 runs symbian o/s so there is a program called "do not call me dear - phone rejecter" Features: 1)Reject all calls Rejects all calls when you are in driving, in movie, in meeting etc (you can check all the calls from log when you become free). 2)Black list Blocks all unnecessary calls which will take out your peace,time and energy. 3)White list Allows only the calls from the numbers from which you want to recieve the calls.If you struggle to find the program get in touch with me and i will sort you out ;)BFM

you got a link for this ?? maybe a torrent link :whistling:

Original Poster

samwhitewick;4093682

ok thanks will give it a go

just gave it ago and it doesnt seem good. first off you have to add everyone number you dont want and also you cant reject witheld numbers

Original Poster

leemole101;4093862

you got a link for this ?? maybe a torrent link :whistling:

smartsharing.net/dow…4B1

samwhitewick;4093985

http://www.smartsharing.net/download.php?id=2EAA4C4B1

Sorry, you will have to use the link from samwhitewick as the only link i have is for a private site

BFM

Not too familiar with nokia phones. On my XDA Orbit I run SPB Phone Suite which gives you the options of;

Accept all calls
Accept all but black list
Accept white list only
Ignore all

The app allows you to add 'Private Calls' (blocked numbers) to the black list as well as individual numbers.

I only know that it runs (and works) on Windows Mobile but it might be worth looking to see if they do any versions for your phone's OS or google for similar programs.

This is really easy to deal with. Record the calls if they say anything. Note the times the calls are made.
Report it to the police. They will obtain the number dialling you.
Alternatively, say to the person. " I have reported this to the police and with today's technology, not only will they know the number calling, but the location. You will have been home with your mobile and it's only a matter of time before the police knock at your door. It doesn't matter if you have a pay as you go or a contract. They are on the way to see you."
I said this and my calls stopped. The police were also able to trace the number.

Original Poster

well t-mobile have sent me a letter to confirm what has gone on and that they have received the number who is calling me. They said go to the nearest police station and report it. then send them (t-mobile) and they both will discuss it

What do u reckon will happen as in to the people?

Banned

Hope it get's sorted you are a nice young man and don't deserve any harrassment.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

hope you get sorted good luck

Original Poster

well its now even worse! just had several takeaways delivered to my house which we didn't order. We took details of the orders and guess what, there is a phone number on there for the person who ordered it. and its the person who i thought it was, is my ex mate.

so we have evidence and t-mobile has evidence

We contacted his dad etc and his dad is gonna have a word and are going to the police 2moro. He has gone toooo far. He should now pay the consequences. I feel so sorry for the delivery guys and we said we will try and get their money back by telling "my mate's" dad to take him over there and pay for the wasted deliveries

Original Poster

DLM;4236772

Hope it get's sorted you are a nice young man and don't deserve any … Hope it get's sorted you are a nice young man and don't deserve any harrassment.Good Luck :thumbsup:

ttwcd;4237203

hope you get sorted good luck

thanks

Banned

samwhitewick;4237259

well its now even worse! just had several takeaways delivered to my house … well its now even worse! just had several takeaways delivered to my house which we didn't order. We took details of the orders and guess what, there is a phone number on there for the person who ordered it. and its the person who i thought it was, my ex mate. We contacted his dad etc and are going to the police 2moro. He has gone toooo far

Aw Sam, sorry to hear this.

Hope you get it sorted.

i had problem a few years ago with a person that kept reporting me for noise, dogs barking 24hrs a day music blaring had takeaways delivered taxis turning up all hours of the night and plenty more reported it to the police and local housing office took a while but it was sorted (you stand a better chance of getting a quick response because you know who it is)
so i know its not nice i agree do go to the police

Original Poster

ttwcd;4237370

i had problem a few years ago with a person that kept reporting me for … i had problem a few years ago with a person that kept reporting me for noise, dogs barking 24hrs a day music blaring had takeaways delivered taxis turning up all hours of the night and plenty more reported it to the police and local housing office took a while but it was sorted (you stand a better chance of getting a quick response because you know who it is) so i know its not nice i agree do go to the police

yeh not nice at all:x

u know who it is sam??

Scum of the earth, i mean doing that to a takeaway business is wrong and pranking is wrong altogether.

Original Poster

right the people are going to be interviewed at a police station and may be given a cautioning. wooop!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604812
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1218
    3. Follow-up to the closure of Kids Company in 2015.612
    4. Leicester sack their manager!1222

See more discussions