Pre-built Gaming Pc help :)

Posted 8th Jan
Hi,

hoping for some advice from the pc experts.

I'm looking for a pre-built gaming pc in the region of 1500-2000 and had seen this build on ccl cclonline.com/pc/…pc/

I'd use it for Strategy games as well as FPS.

Appreciate from a cost pov, user built pcs are better value for money, but for time, convenience and piece of mind (i don't have the technical skills or know-how) I looking for pre-built.

At face value, it seem very good value for money to me, but mindful i might be taken in by the big (artificial??) price reduction.

I'd thought about maybe increasing the RAM to 32 to future proof it a little.

Any thoughts on this or similar better products out there?

Cheers!!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
the price bracket you are looking in you should be more focusing on jumping up the GPU to the 2080 Super.

The CPU you are going for (whilst very good) is going to have less impact at higher resolutions compared to the GPU for the use case you are giving.

The Intel you are looking at is going to be fairly limited on any future cpu upgrade compared to AMD options although the AMD with the 3700X in it you might want to get ccl to change (as they will at cost) the motherboard to one with highly rated VRM's to enable taking some of the top end AMD cpu's already out and the future ones released subsequently this year (mortar and tomahawk being those that seem most highly rated).

Either way get CCL to confirm which PSU they are supplying and search PSU hierarchy to see where it sits in its rating.
Edited by: "Bertz99" 8th Jan
That's a lovely budget for a machine, BB. It'll certainly get you a great system - including the one from CCL. I'm not going to nit-pick as everyone has their own tastes but if you're still within your max budget (and went with CCL) I'd consider adding a small HDD (+£34) as an extra 'data' drive AND for less hassle in the future add the £21 for 'on-site' warranty.

The only thing I'm puzzled by is the fact the system apparently has no VGA, DVI or DP - Only HDMI? Thought I'd mention in case this is a factor in your decision making. And yes, if you still have money burning a hole then bumping up the memory (+£58) isn't a bad move either. Of course, you can keep going and get a 2080 gfx card too but perhaps that's overkill?

I know for a quid, I'd have the white case though. Hehe.

There are some great people on here who can give you their perspective too. Hopefully some of them will see your thread and comment. Good luck on your search for an uber-system!

Best regards, Phsy.
Looks pretty good, you could also consider an AMD based machine such as a Ryzen 3700X and 5700 XT - cclonline.com/pc/…pc/

Speed wise they will be much the same but the Ryzen PC will have more upgrade potential (Also is £34 cheaper and has a 2TB HDD).
Gormond08/01/2020 11:20

Looks pretty good, you could also consider an AMD based machine such as a …Looks pretty good, you could also consider an AMD based machine such as a Ryzen 3700X and 5700 XT - https://www.cclonline.com/pc/gaming-pcs/pbm/ccl-paladin-gaming-pc/Speed wise they will be much the same but the Ryzen PC will have more upgrade potential (Also is £34 cheaper and has a 2TB HDD).

personally thought this one better value with the jump up to the 2080 Super (£80 difference to his suggestion) plus the additional hdd as phys recommends (making it a circa £45 difference) - albeit the mobo I would personally want to change with the psu being a possibility but know ccl would if asked at a fee.

cclonline.com/pc/…pc/
Bertz9908/01/2020 14:07

personally thought this one better value with the jump up to the 2080 …personally thought this one better value with the jump up to the 2080 Super (£80 difference to his suggestion) plus the additional hdd as phys recommends (making it a circa £45 difference) - albeit the mobo I would personally want to change with the psu being a possibility but know ccl would if asked at a fee.https://www.cclonline.com/pc/gaming-pcs/shadow-hawk/ccl-shadow-hawk-gs-gaming-pc/

Yeah that's a decent boost for the extra money. I'm not sure I would want to upgrade the MB given the reviews of the MSI X570 boards, maybe the new X570 Tomahawk will be better.
Another option in budget can also upgrade the RAM
aria.co.uk/Pro…738
personally prefer the build quality and tidyness of gladiator over ccl when pre built.
You should consider a amd cpu build as you can upgrade it longer
Gormond08/01/2020 15:12

Yeah that's a decent boost for the extra money. I'm not sure I would want …Yeah that's a decent boost for the extra money. I'm not sure I would want to upgrade the MB given the reviews of the MSI X570 boards, maybe the new X570 Tomahawk will be better.

So techspot state this:
"We strongly advise you to skip the entry-level MSI X570 boards as they are horrible, in the same class as the Asus B450-F Gaming"

that would be both system I linked and the one you linked covered motherboard wise and not in a good way

Wasn't looking as such but I know if building I would be ticking off one that could cope with AMD's present top end which should cover presently what is better than this cpu and most (if not all) of this year releases to come (making some disant cheap upgrade more viable). Looking now though takes me to this link
Bertz9908/01/2020 15:39

So techspot state this:"We strongly advise you to skip the entry-level MSI …So techspot state this:"We strongly advise you to skip the entry-level MSI X570 boards as they are horrible, in the same class as the Asus B450-F Gaming"that would be both system I linked and the one you linked covered (not in a good way) Wasn't looking as such but I know if building I would be ticking off one that could cope with AMD's present top end which should cover presently what is better than this cpu and most (if not all) of this year releases to come. Looking now though takes me to this link

Looking at that list I tend to stick to Tier C boards, mainly the MSI Tomahawk, Mortor and Carbon, beyond that it can get very expensive - I wouldn't bother unless you plan to use a 16 core CPU.

The MSI X570 Gaming Pro Carbon is available with the CCL prebuilds, might be worth upgrading to that.
Edited by: "Gormond" 8th Jan
These are pretty high end systems, far more than you need to enjoy the games, so it's worth thinking about what you actually want from the extra spend.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions