Pre charge detention of terrorist suspects increased?

Found 21st Mar 2010
What do you guys think? Im writing a paper on this and would like some ideas? Should the pre charge detention of terrorist subjects be increased, lowered, or maintained at the current 28 days?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
18 Comments

increased - what harm can it do?

I think it should be maintained. It doesnt need to be in a higher, not without charge, otherwise that goes against our constitution

Original Poster

ianshona;8169611

increased - what harm can it do?

The harm would be being put in jail and you may not know why.

Banned

Mike1989;8169620

I think it should be maintained. It doesnt need to be in a higher, not … I think it should be maintained. It doesnt need to be in a higher, not without charge, otherwise that goes against our constitution

we have a constitution? I think you are talking about the Americans

British people have no rights at all

Mike1989;8169620

I think it should be maintained. It doesnt need to be in a higher, not … I think it should be maintained. It doesnt need to be in a higher, not without charge, otherwise that goes against our constitution

We don't have a constitution, thats the big issue with the UK, its uncodified so really the govt. has the ability to do what they like. Back on topic, it shouldn't go any higher, we already live in a racist and discriminatory society, and we don't need to give anyone more ability to unfairly detain someone because they look different.

jubbyme;8169657

we have a constitution? I think you are talking about the … we have a constitution? I think you are talking about the AmericansBritish people have no rights at all

We British have an unwritten constitution. The Rule of Law, Parliamentary Sovereignty and so forth

Should be lowered. But nowadays its guilty until proven innocent so you decide

Banned

Mike1989;8169670

We British have an unwritten constitution. The Rule of Law, Parliamentary … We British have an unwritten constitution. The Rule of Law, Parliamentary Sovereignty and so forth

can you go against something that is unwrtitten?

jubbyme;8169683

can you go against something that is unwrtitten?

I'd say so. The Rule of Law (and human rights for that matter) demand a right to fair trial. If you are held without charge, this surely goes against this?

shouldnt that be pre charge detention of terrorist SUSPECTS? if we know they are terrorists then they would be charged already wouldnt they?

Original Poster

barky;8169793

shouldnt that be pre charge detention of terrorist SUSPECTS? if we know … shouldnt that be pre charge detention of terrorist SUSPECTS? if we know they are terrorists then they would be charged already wouldnt they?

I will change the title

robappleby89;8169653

The harm would be being put in jail and you may not know why.

because in this day and age its rare to get it so wrong - so if they are proven innocent then give them substantial compensation - always er on the side of caution especially when lives are at risk

MarzBarz;8169677

Should be lowered. But nowadays its guilty until proven innocent so you … Should be lowered. But nowadays its guilty until proven innocent so you decide

+1

Why do they need more waterboarding time? I'm sure the standard torture time is enough.
Nobody should be treated like a terrorist unless they were proven to be a terrorist.

We knew this one guy, he has 7 kids. Got detained, deported to another country. Been 3 years still no evidence. (2 years later was released but on bail, only allowed to stay in the country he was deported to atm).

Original Poster

But sureley the gouvernment has their reasons for increasing it dont they. Does anyone know of any good that comes out of increasing them?

robappleby89;8169926

But sureley the gouvernment has their reasons for increasing it dont … But sureley the gouvernment has their reasons for increasing it dont they. Does anyone know of any good that comes out of increasing them?

Government can do what they want lol but sometimes they may have good reasons:thumbsup:

Original Poster

MarzBarz;8169931

Government can do what they want lol but sometimes they may have good … Government can do what they want lol but sometimes they may have good reasons:thumbsup:

Such as...?

Original Poster

However, does anyone think that, with the modern terrorist threat it can be justified?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Full car respray33
    2. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!33
    3. Jd sports22
    4. Paw patrol sea patroller22

See more discussions