Pre-order iPhone 6 for 19th Sep Apple Store Reserve and Collect

Found 13th Sep 2014
Those who want their iPhone 6 on 19th Sep. There can reserve and pick one from Apple Stores across UK. No payment needed today! It seems iPhone 6 plus is unavailable to reserve.

reserve.cdn-apple.com/GB/…ity

You will need to click on "Get Started" blue button on right and then login to reserve.

Only one per customer or Apple ID.

reserve.cdn-apple.com/GB/…ity
Community Updates
27 Comments
Better tell all those morons camping outside the shops.
craigstephens

Better tell all those morons camping outside the shops.

Yea. But don't tell the ones that are paying them to do it!
Brilliant find. Good for the people who couldn't get one yesterday morning
So, £600 for is basically a Nexus 4 with an upgraded cpu, camera and an apple logo ... brilliant
StevenA2000_uk

So, £600 for is basically a Nexus 4 with an upgraded cpu, camera and an … So, £600 for is basically a Nexus 4 with an upgraded cpu, camera and an apple logo ... brilliant

Exactly, but apple fanboys will never get it
TheMan_Aman

Exactly, but apple fanboys will never get it

I had same views and did mistake to switch to Android 2 years back. But after using various android phones I realised every penny spent on Apple products is worth.
Edited by: "sybadm" 14th Sep 2014
StevenA2000_uk

So, £600 for is basically a Nexus 4 with an upgraded cpu, camera and an … So, £600 for is basically a Nexus 4 with an upgraded cpu, camera and an apple logo ... brilliant

Can't wait for mine!
sybadm

I had same views and did mistake to switch to Android 2 years back. But … I had same views and did mistake to switch to Android 2 years back. But after using various android phones I realised every penny spent on Apple products is worth.

You will spend an extra £300 because of an Apple logo on the back of the phone? That's great.
TheMan_Aman

You will spend an extra £300 because of an Apple logo on the back of the … You will spend an extra £300 because of an Apple logo on the back of the phone? That's great.

Use an iPhone/iPad for a week and then try telling me it's "just an Apple logo".
KillFelix

Use an iPhone/iPad for a week and then try telling me it's "just an Apple … Use an iPhone/iPad for a week and then try telling me it's "just an Apple logo".

lol
dontasciime

lol

Sorry bud but I believe a product should be rated on how well it performs and acts in real life rather than how someone else tells me it should with some spec sheet written on the side of the box.

After over 2 decades in computing and after extensively using many, many products/brands/operating systems/hardware etc I've found that nothing even comes close to Apple products.

Laugh if you will but that's just the conclusion I have come to.
Edited by: "KillFelix" 14th Sep 2014
sybadm

I had same views and did mistake to switch to Android 2 years back. But … I had same views and did mistake to switch to Android 2 years back. But after using various android phones I realised every penny spent on Apple products is worth.

I don't know about that.
Never had any issues with any Android phones, had two Iphone 5c's fail on me and the 5s is just a terrible phone.

KillFelix

Sorry bud but I believe a product should be rated on how well it performs … Sorry bud but I believe a product should be rated on how well it performs and acts in real life rather than how someone else tells me it should with some spec sheet written on the side of the box.After over 2 decades in computing and after extensively using many, many products/brands/operating systems/hardware etc I've found that nothing even comes close to Apple products.Laugh if you will but that's just the conclusion I have come to.

It's just a phone. Let it slide . You don't have to defend it. It's got no feelings.

Edited by: "dontasciime" 14th Sep 2014
dontasciime

It's just a phone. Let it slide . You don't have to defend it. It's got … It's just a phone. Let it slide . You don't have to defend it. It's got no feelings.

I'm not defending it, it's not about that at all. I'm defending people's choices in tech and having a go at the people who label them as idiots and sheep purely because of their phone choice, summed up wonderfully in your "lol" post.
KillFelix

Use an iPhone/iPad for a week and then try telling me it's "just an Apple … Use an iPhone/iPad for a week and then try telling me it's "just an Apple logo".

I had a iPad 3 which I sold about 2 weeks ago. I had a iPhone 5 which I also sold several months ago. So yes I did own Apple products and they're nothing special
Androidiers. Forever consoling themselves by putting apple down.

Guess what? It's a false sense of security and in vain.
TheMan_Aman

I had a iPad 3 which I sold about 2 weeks ago. I had a iPhone 5 which I … I had a iPad 3 which I sold about 2 weeks ago. I had a iPhone 5 which I also sold several months ago. So yes I did own Apple products and they're nothing special

So you were a 'fool who paid £300 extra for an apple logo' but are now a convert, here to bring forth the message to the masses?
KillFelix

I'm not defending it, it's not about that at all. I'm defending people's … I'm not defending it, it's not about that at all. I'm defending people's choices in tech and having a go at the people who label them as idiots and sheep purely because of their phone choice, summed up wonderfully in your "lol" post.

I never labelled you an idiot or a sheep for your choice by typing lol nor was I being one of those having a go at your choice by typing lol. So you can stop having a go at me by insinuating me typing lol summed up your point lol.

So it's clear though you like your product & you think your product is better than all the other products you have tried. I agree with your choice to like your product and to think it is better than everything else you've ever tried.

Edited by: "dontasciime" 14th Sep 2014
moto g bruv great upgrade for iphone owners
maxim24

So you were a 'fool who paid £300 extra for an apple logo' but are now a … So you were a 'fool who paid £300 extra for an apple logo' but are now a convert, here to bring forth the message to the masses?

I actually didn't pay anything, it was a present. So yes my word still stands
If nothing even comes close to Apple products.. Then please provide some examples as to where an iPhone destroys an Android flagship smartphone?
mattmerch

moto g bruv great upgrade for iphone owners

Oh dear, you're still trolling. You must live a very fulfilling life.
PhearFactor

If nothing even comes close to Apple products.. Then please provide some … If nothing even comes close to Apple products.. Then please provide some examples as to where an iPhone destroys an Android flagship smartphone?

The only argument Apple fans put across when comparing the IPhone to Android flagships is the build quality, because they know everything else about the IPhone from a technologial view is considered old and outdated when compared to it's competition.
GoatzRus

The only argument Apple fans put across when comparing the IPhone to … The only argument Apple fans put across when comparing the IPhone to Android flagships is the build quality, because they know everything else about the IPhone from a technologial view is considered old and outdated when compared to it's competition.

Could it be the apps?

Does Apple put its apps on Android?

Like iTunes or whatever?
Most trolled areas of the internet:

#1: Everything on The Guardian online.
#2: Anything about Apple products on UKHD.

Meanwhile, no reserve and collect stock for either model at any store.
Edited by: "BBF" 15th Sep 2014
BBF

Most trolled areas of the internet:#1: Everything on The Guardian … Most trolled areas of the internet:#1: Everything on The Guardian online.#2: Anything about Apple products on UKHD.Meanwhile, no reserve and collect stock for either model at any store.

Where >?

Edited by: "dontasciime" 15th Sep 2014
Review embargo has been lifted:

Brad Molen, Engadget:
Both iPhones are thinner than their predecessor. Whereas the 5s was 7.6mm thick, the 6 comes in at 6.9mm, with the 6 Plus measuring a hair thicker at 7.1mm. I don't always subscribe to the "thinner is better" mantra, but it's a benefit in this case because larger iPhones wouldn't feel as comfortable if they had the same shape as the 5s. If I had to choose based on in-hand feel alone, I'd pick the 6 over the Plus. I can still wrap my fingers around the 6 just as easily as I could with the 5s (and its curved sides don't cut as sharply as the edges on the 5s), but the large-screened 6 Plus is... well, it's manageable.

Both the 6 and 6 Plus use an IPS Retina HD display, but the Plus is even more high-def than the 6. It has a screen resolution of 1,920 x 1,080, which means you'll get a pixel density of 401 pixels per inch. On the flipside, the 6 maxes out at 1,334 x 750, which translates into 326 ppi. (That's the same screen density as the 5s.) Both displays are sharp, but I do see some minor differences between the two when I look at them side by side. Specifically, the Plus' text and images are sharper, with no jagged lines whatsoever.

David Pierce/Nilay Patel (iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus), The Verge:
[iPhone 6 Plus] Huge phones get to have huge batteries, and the iPhone 6 Plus is a huge phone with a huge battery: I consistently got about two days of battery life from the 6 Plus in regular daily use -- slightly more than the day and half we got from the iPhone 6, and basically the same as the Note 3.

[iPhone 6 Plus] That aluminum feels quite nice, but it's also a little slippery, especially when you factor in the size of the phone and its rounded sides. The iPhone 6 Plus is the first iPhone that looks and works better in a case -- I've been using Apple's leather sleeve and it makes the phone easier to hold, evens out that camera bump, and hides the weird lines on the back.

[iPhone 6] There's something perfectly polished about the way it feels to use this screen. I've never felt so much like I was truly moving things around under my finger, manipulating icons and pictures by hand. It's organic and natural in a distinctly Apple way.

Walt Mossberg/Lauren Goode (iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus), Re/code:
[iPhone 6] And, despite the larger screen, all my apps -- by Apple and third parties -- just worked. None that I tested looked distorted or blurry. Apple says its App Store now offers 1.3 million apps, a new high.

[iPhone 6] In my tests, I found the iPhone 6's Wi-Fi speeds -- both downstream and upstream -- were roughly double those of the 5s, and about 25 percent faster than those of the Samsung Galaxy S5. But I saw little difference in LTE speeds, either on Verizon or AT&T.

[iPhone 6 Plus] Oh, and if, like me, you rarely get a full day out of your current iPhone's battery, this might excite you: In my tests, which involved setting the display brightness to 50 percent and cycling through my regular routine of apps and phone calls, the iPhone 6 Plus would last from early one morning until evening the following day. (Calls sounded great, as well.)
Jim Dalrymple, The Loop:
[iPhone 6] It is tough to reach the far top edge of the screen, but I can do it with a little stretch. It's easier to shimmy my hand up the phone and touch the far edge, if I need to, but to be honest, holding the iPhone in my left hand, there isn't much on the far right side that I ever need to touch.

[iPhone 6 Plus] The 6 Plus was awkward for me to use at first--it was kind of like using a smaller version of the iPad mini, but it was a phone. I had a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of using it on an ongoing basis, but the larger screen eventually won me over.

[iPhone 6 Plus] I still can't imagine walking around with a device as big as the iPhone 6 Plus to my ear, talking on the phone. That would just look silly. I've said it about other devices this size in the past and my opinion on that hasn't changed. Maybe a Bluetooth ear piece would be a nice add-on for the iPhone 6 Plus.
David Pogue, Yahoo:
Inside, Apple has been up to its usual tightening and polishing. There's a new chip inside that Apple says is 25 percent faster. You wouldn't notice it without testing the old and new phones side by side. Apps, for example, pop open about a half-second faster on the new phone.

The Plus model has optical image stabilization -- the lens jiggles in precise motion to counteract the handheld movement of the phone itself -- that works supremely well.

Also on the Plus: When you're typing in landscape mode, there's so much extra space that Apple has thrown in some additional on-screen keys. On the left: buttons for Cut, Copy, Paste, Bold, and Undo. On the right: Punctuation keys and actual cursor keys--a first on the iPhone.

Darrell Etherington (iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus), TechCrunch:
[iPhone 6] New also to this generation is the all-metal back casing, which replaces the glass top and bottom panels with thin connecting seams instead. This makes for a more unified look when you turn the phone around, and something that gets closer to the unbroken single plane of the iPad mini and iPad Air's rear shell. The Space Gray version I tested benefits very much from this unbroken look, and the front of the device is no less impressive.

[iPhone 6 Plus] Touch Assist is the feature Apple created to help users deal with much larger devices, regardless of the size of their hands and digits. The iPhone 6 Plus leans on this especially, as it's impossible for anyone not in the NBA to reach their thumb across to the top opposite corner. I find it difficult to even reach across the other side of the screen, let alone the corner, when one-handing the device.

[iPhone 6 Plus] For most tasks, I find the iPhone 6 Plus to be a two-handed device -- but I also find that I'm absolutely fine with that. The 6 Plus is closer in usage style to an iPad mini, in my experience, albeit one that's pocketable and capable of full cellular voice communications.

Other reviews:

Stuart Miles (iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus), Pocket-lint
Gareth Beavis (iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus), TechRadar
Geoffrey Fowler, The Wall Street Journal
Molly Wood, The New York Times
Edward Baig, USA Today
Joshua Topolsky, Bloomberg
Harry McCracken, Fast Company
Lance Ulanoff (iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus), Mashable
Charles Arthur (iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus), The Guardian
David Phelan (iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus), The Independent
Matt Hill (iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus), T3
Jason Snell, Macworld

Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus will be available to the public beginning on Friday, September 19. Apple is currently accepting pre-orders for the devices in its online store, but shipping estimates for the iPhone 6 are at 7 to 10 days while estimates for the 6 Plus are at 3 to 4 weeks.

Edited by: "KillFelix" 17th Sep 2014
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants