Posted 16th Sep 2020
Following tonight’s announcement, looks like you can pre-order PS5 from Tesco now and get it delivered to local stores
tescopreorders.com/uk/ps5
Community Updates
Release Date: 19/11/2020

Ultra-High Speed SSD
Maximize your play sessions with near instant load times for installed PS5 games

Integrated I/O
The custom integration of the PS5 console's systems lets creators pull data from the SSD so quickly that they can design games in ways never before possible.

Ray tracing
Immerse yourself in worlds with a new level of realism as rays of light are individually simulated, creating true-to-life shadows and reflections in supported PS5 games.

4K-TV Gaming
Play your favourite PS5 games on your stunning 4K TV.

Up to 120fps with 120Hz Output
Enjoy smooth and fluid high frame rate gameplay at up to 120fps for compatible games, with support for 120Hz output on 4K displays.

HDR Technology
With an HDR TV, supported PS5 games display an unbelievably vibrant and lifelike range of colours.

8K Output
PS5 consoles support 8K Output, so you can play games on your 4320p resolution display

Tempest 3D AudioTech
Immerse yourself in soundscapes where it feels as if the sound comes from every direction. Through your headphones or TV speakers your surroundings truly come alive with Tempest 3D AudioTech in supported games

Haptic Feedback
Experience haptic feedback via the DualSense wireless controller in select PS5 titles and feel the effects and impact of your in-game actions through dynamic sensory feedback.

Adaptive Triggers
Get to grips with immersive adaptive triggers, featuring dynamic resistance levels which simulate the physical impact of in-game activities in select PS5 games.
New Comment

56 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    You sure this is legit?
  2. Avatar
    Author
    The same pre-order site is advertised on the Tesco grocery website

tesco.com/gro…are
  3. Avatar
    teddy159019/09/2020 23:26

Anyone know if they'll have the option of changing to a digital console? …Anyone know if they'll have the option of changing to a digital console? Pre-ordered from Tesco, Smyths and Amazon in case any fell through. All 3 seem good so far (got them all in within 5 minutes of each sites preorders opening), so I offered any extra consoles to folk at work for face value. Guy I work with wants the Digital for his son, but all 3 I've ordered were for disk versions. Tesco never had an option for which console you want, so wonder if they'll ask us to confirm what version we want in the coming weeks.

No don’t be greedy although sounds like it’s too late for that..... And yes you could choose which console you ordered at Tesco so not sure why you think otherwise Tell the guy to buy a digital off eBay if he really wants one.
  4. Avatar
    red_devil516/09/2020 23:12

The same pre-order site is advertised on the Tesco grocery website …The same pre-order site is advertised on the Tesco grocery website https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/zone/Homeware

In addition to this their authorised certificate seems to check out - 41934693-vm4oF.jpg
  5. Avatar
    its not fake, on tesco's website
  6. Avatar
    Myriad17/09/2020 00:53

Up now, doesn't allow shipping to non-DE addresses

Wasn't suggesting ordering from there (I've ordered a few UHD from amazon.it, but never a larger appliance / console), just pointing out (wrongly) the amazon pre-orders could start from midnight. Turns out it's 9am.
  7. Avatar
    42575763-ffr6v.jpg

This is all I’m seeing? Anyone know where I should click?
  8. Avatar
    teddy159019/09/2020 23:26

Anyone know if they'll have the option of changing to a digital console? …Anyone know if they'll have the option of changing to a digital console? Pre-ordered from Tesco, Smyths and Amazon in case any fell through. All 3 seem good so far (got them all in within 5 minutes of each sites preorders opening), so I offered any extra consoles to folk at work for face value. Guy I work with wants the Digital for his son, but all 3 I've ordered were for disk versions. Tesco never had an option for which console you want, so wonder if they'll ask us to confirm what version we want in the coming weeks.

Bet you bought all the pasta and toilet rolls in the 1st lockdown too!
  9. Avatar
    This looks fake as all hell
  10. Avatar
    Dodgy
  11. Avatar
    Genuine?
  12. Avatar
    Is this a legit site?
  13. Avatar
    Author
    100% legitimate and affiliated to Tesco - when I clicked through it linked through to the click and collect for all of the stores
  14. Avatar
    Yeah, I reported the link earlier because it looks dodgy as heck, but now the link from Tesco to them looks legit, I've popped one in too
  15. Avatar
    It’s definitely the one with the disc drive??
  16. Avatar
    Anyone done this yet? As others have said, it’s linked from the main Tesco website so seems legit (although agree it looked dodgy at first )
  17. Avatar
    Game's are up game.co.uk/en/…n-5

Can't sign in, check out as a guest (edited)
  18. Avatar
    41934871-5b5mp.jpg
  19. Avatar
    Amazon?
  20. Avatar
    i took to long to decide now they are out of stock
  21. Avatar
    It’s legit got a email confirmation too for the pre order
  22. Avatar
    teddy159016/09/2020 23:54

Just checked their German page. Allows you to add to basket now, whereas …Just checked their German page. Allows you to add to basket now, whereas earlier it just page not available. So, Midnight / shortly after looks promising.

23. Avatar
    Sold out if legitimate lol
  24. Avatar
    damn i'm an tesco employee so I would get like £50 off with my employee card but they are already gone.
  25. Avatar
    sweeten1617/09/2020 01:04

damn i'm an tesco employee so I would get like £50 off with my employee …damn i'm an tesco employee so I would get like £50 off with my employee card but they are already gone.

Same wanted to use my discount lol will try tomorrow on the night shift
  26. Avatar
    Myriad17/09/2020 00:53

I've just pre ordered and worked fine.
  27. Avatar
    Connorsdad17/09/2020 03:29

I've just pre ordered and worked fine.

How? I’m getting “We are temporarily out of stock, please check back soon” does this site apply staff discount? Otherwise I’ll just get from another retailer
  28. Avatar
    FlexR17/09/2020 08:01

How? I’m getting “We are temporarily out of stock, please check back soon” …How? I’m getting “We are temporarily out of stock, please check back soon” does this site apply staff discount? Otherwise I’ll just get from another retailer

It's now oos
  29. Avatar
    Did it ever go in stock ? Check last night but not after 2 am ?
  30. Avatar
    I got one of these last night and had confirmation email from "activateOnDemand". Contacted Tesco to confirm and said they went live last night and sold out in minutes. Anyone with confirmation email and order ref should have secured a release console
  31. Avatar
    BargainFinder78616/09/2020 23:08

Is this a legit site?

I work at Tesco shop floor and this is new partnership with active on demand started the last few weeks so 100% legit
  32. Avatar
    Anyone know if they'll have the option of changing to a digital console? Pre-ordered from Tesco, Smyths and Amazon in case any fell through. All 3 seem good so far (got them all in within 5 minutes of each sites preorders opening), so I offered any extra consoles to folk at work for face value. Guy I work with wants the Digital for his son, but all 3 I've ordered were for disk versions. Tesco never had an option for which console you want, so wonder if they'll ask us to confirm what version we want in the coming weeks.
  33. Avatar
    rik11104/10/2020 12:24

No don’t be greedy although sounds like it’s too late for that..... And yes …No don’t be greedy although sounds like it’s too late for that..... And yes you could choose which console you ordered at Tesco so not sure why you think otherwise Tell the guy to buy a digital off eBay if he really wants one.

No, you didn't get a choice for which console to pre-order from Tesco. I contacted them and they said they had no plans to sell the Digital Console.

As for the eBay route, no, I'm not going to advise my friend to pay double for a PS5 given the scalper markup
  34. Avatar
    PS5 Pre-Order Update Thank you for pre-ordering the new PlayStation 5 with Tesco. We have some further information to share with you below for when the time comes to collect your order.

Your order will be available to collect from the Customer Service Desk in your chosen collection store on Thursday 19 November 2020. The Customer Service Desk will be open between the hours of 8am and 8pm and you will have 3 days to collect your new console, before it is released back into general stock. Due to the popularity of this new product and current social distancing requirements, you may need to queue for your order. However, our store colleagues will be on hand to help, where needed.

Please have your customer pre-order confirmation/reservation number handy when you come to collect your order. Orders can only be collected by the person named on the pre-order and we will ask you to provide a form of ID to complete your collection to ensure we have the right person. As you’ll be paying for your console in store on the day of collection, remember to bring your Clubcard too, if you have one, to ensure you don't miss out on your Clubcard points.

Thank you again for pre-ordering with Tesco and we hope you enjoy playing your new console.
  35. Avatar
    42296063-qJidv.jpg
  36. Avatar
    nisc122/10/2020 14:47

[Image]

Ahh gutted it’s saying it’s now out of stock
  37. Avatar
    DonnaMarie7811/11/2020 19:23

[Image] This is all I’m seeing? Anyone know where I should click?

At a guess I'd say you have to wait until the 19th
Top Merchants