Groups

Pre-Orders of the new iPhone 4

As apple only ship their orders on the website and you can't reserve one in store, would it
    be a better idea to wait outside the store for hours till open or will Apple deliver on the 24th-25th dates?

cheers

26 Comments

well,they did deliver the ipad early so its possible web orders will arive 24/48 hours before-you will need a micro sim tho wont you?

Original Poster

O2 already have that covered, they have a form to fill in on their website for a new micro sim

Apple have done reservations in US stores for the iPad, and judging by the text of the UK's notify-me page on the iPhone section, you will be able to reserve one for a UK Apple Store this year

Original Poster

razord;8794020

and judging by the text of the UK's notify-me page on the iPhone section, … and judging by the text of the UK's notify-me page on the iPhone section, you will be able to reserve one for a UK Apple Store this year

where is this info mate?

saxo_appeal;8794026

where is this info mate?

apple.com/uk/…me/ - where it says:

"iPhone 4 arrives on 24 June, and you can pre-order or reserve yours on 15 June."

Original Poster

coooool

saxo_appeal;8794014

O2 already have that covered, they have a form to fill in on their … O2 already have that covered, they have a form to fill in on their website for a new micro sim

MICRO SIM??? Im already with O2 simplicity contract so will i be able to get a micro sim and keep the same number and contract?

Supermod

KERMITZBITZ;8794338

MICRO SIM??? Im already with O2 simplicity contract so will i be able to … MICRO SIM??? Im already with O2 simplicity contract so will i be able to get a micro sim and keep the same number?

They will port your number to the new micro SIM.

KERMITZBITZ;8794338

MICRO SIM??? Im already with O2 simplicity contract so will i be able to … MICRO SIM??? Im already with O2 simplicity contract so will i be able to get a micro sim and keep the same number?

More than likely, they can transfer numbers

saxo_appeal;8794014

O2 already have that covered, they have a form to fill in on their … O2 already have that covered, they have a form to fill in on their website for a new micro sim

Do you have a link for it? I can't seem to find it on their site!
    Nice one

jcampwala;8794479

Do you have a link for it? I can't seem to find it on their site!Nice one

iphonelatest.o2.co.uk/ fill this in and then it will ask you for your address to send micro sim to incase needed. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

nkje02;8794981

https://iphonelatest.o2.co.uk/ fill this in and then it will ask you for … https://iphonelatest.o2.co.uk/ fill this in and then it will ask you for your address to send micro sim to incase needed. :thumbsup:

+1

I'm sorry for being such an iPhone fan boy but.....the phone does look supa cool :thumbsup:

Original Poster

dcx_badass;8795329

I think it looks horrible, but anyway you don't need a microsim, you can … I think it looks horrible, but anyway you don't need a microsim, you can just cut a normal sim in half can't you.

Boo hoooo !!

I think it looks great, shiny and supa cool !! :whistling::p

Ive read that the phone will be $199 in USA for the 16GB model - surely this cant be right?

Also, if i bought an iphone in the US will it work over here?

massmail666;8795433

lol, we get the same question every year. the $199 is for the phone plus … lol, we get the same question every year. the $199 is for the phone plus a 12/18 month contract at about $30/$40 a month.

Ahhh right...

Im thinking about buying an iphone and using a sim only deal...

dcx_badass;8795329

I think it looks horrible, but anyway you don't need a microsim, you can … I think it looks horrible, but anyway you don't need a microsim, you can just cut a normal sim in half can't you.

I think actually cutting it in half may impact your ability to make and receive calls.

aha..now I know where ur 3gs money is goin. lol.

dcx_badass;8796124

Have you looked at a sim? Half is the chip half is empty plastic, a … Have you looked at a sim? Half is the chip half is empty plastic, a microsim is just the chip part, it will work fine if you cut it in half so don't try and be a smartass.

+ 1 As long as the chip is intact it will work as normal.

I spoke to an o2 guy yesterday who said theyre getting briefed about the new iphone today so we should be getting some more info soon.

Spriggan;8796183

+ 1 As long as the chip is intact it will work as normal.

Well Duh.
    Where's the sense of humour gone around here

dcx_badass;8796124

Have you looked at a sim? Half is the chip half is empty plastic, a … Have you looked at a sim? Half is the chip half is empty plastic, a microsim is just the chip part, it will work fine if you cut it in half so don't try and be a smartass.

Wow.
    Just a joke!
    Flame on!

Original Poster

pravinpatil41;8796151

aha..now I know where ur 3gs money is goin. lol.

haha :p:p:p

Original Poster

massmail666;8795433

payg is $599 and $699

Is this 100% confirmed or just gowing by what happened when the 3GS is out?

I spoke to a great guy at o2 and he was actually saying stick another £100 on what you think it is. He said when the iPads were released everyone thought ($$) going with American websites they would be the same price converted.....apparently the pads were £100 more expensive

is this true? :?

Original Poster

Well the iPads were increased by 2.5% here than america, so going by what America will be selling a 16gb

$599 converted by 1.5 = 399 + 2.5%

= £409

My sums must be wrong....or are they ?

Original Poster

Bit more info on the o2 website for upgrading guys

]CLICKY HERE
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions