Groups

Pre-Payment meter's

How much do these gas ones typically charge? Currently, i've tested it twice... it appears to charge roughly 1p per minute when the radiator's are on.. 20mins, 22[ charge, and couple of weeks ago, it has been on an hour and charged £1.20ish. This too high? I wouldn't of thought if the radiator's were on for 10 hours, it would charge anywhere in the region of upto £15. Seem's abit pricey..

11 Comments

That's too much. In winter I usually put in £15 a week and that's withthe heating on most if the time. At the moment I'm using roughly £8 or £9 a week. I don't have a gas oven or fire btw so that's just heating and hot water. I'd ask them to come out and check your meter
    Edited by: "missp27" 19th Nov 2010

Original Poster

Yeah we don't, its student accomodation.. but the house is extremely cold atm. Turned the living room and kitchen radiator off, so its 5 bedrooms and a tiny bathroom radiator that's on.

DarrylJohn

Yeah we don't, its student accomodation.. but the house is extremely cold … Yeah we don't, its student accomodation.. but the house is extremely cold atm. Turned the living room and kitchen radiator off, so its 5 bedrooms and a tiny bathroom radiator that's on.

my house is a lot smaller than yours (a two bed terrace) but your charges do seem excessive

Original Poster

It's an e-on gas card, so id assume i would phone them and enquire? The info on the box is too small to make out accurately

Might I suggest you enquire about changing to equigas. A not for profit supplier who does not charge extra for energy supplied by meter.
    ebico.org.uk/

DarrylJohn

It's an e-on gas card, so id assume i would phone them and enquire?

Wow, lateral thinking.

I thought that about mine, I live in a flat and with 3 heaters on at one it uses about £1 a hour but the flat is still freezing.

Original Poster

Well, the gas meter doesn't have any e-on branding on it at all.

I wouldn't of thought £1 an hour is fair either. I mean, £280 a month is pricey.

DarrylJohn

It's an e-on gas card, so id assume i would phone them and enquire? The … It's an e-on gas card, so id assume i would phone them and enquire? The info on the box is too small to make out accurately

I can see why your at uni!

Original Poster

Ha. Yeah... I wasn't thinking

if i were you i would sign up to british gas you can pick the tarrif that suits you also no charge for pre-payment meters as i think this is whats happening in your case or are you clearing off a debt on your meter maybe left by someone else these things do happen failing that go to money savers page [martin lewis] and you will get all the info you need. i hope all turns out well for you.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2644
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …66114
      3. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48410865
      4. Anyone else find Playerunknown super addictive but soooo frustrating33

See more discussions