Prebooked airline seats

Posted 29th Jul 2020
Is prebooking airline seats worth it? £22 each tui are charging to select them! Do you often get seperated? Cheers
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
If the flight is full you will be left with whatever seats are available and will be spread out.
I think kids under a certain age have to be seated with a parent.. adults do more often than not get separated. but.. I think they do that so to teach you a lesson for next time!
I think some separation occasionally is a good idea for adults. The lockdown likely proved it for many.
ArcadeAssassin29/07/2020 22:54

If the flight is full you will be left with whatever seats are available …If the flight is full you will be left with whatever seats are available and will be spread out.

On both Ryanair and Easyjet, we have been separated and been put in centre seats when the plane has been far from full. On one of them (forget which although I can guess) I moved and was told to return to my seat. Some staff take their duty very seriously - possibly enjoy the power?

Does it matter? Not really. Flying is a chore now and nothing like the fun it once was only a few years ago. Headphones, book/magazine, foam neck collar and eye patches to help me sleep (it's not as if I'm going to be disturbed by cabin service!)
I just pay it as its then something I don't have to worry about in the months/weeks/days leading up to the holiday.
I find most airlines will seat you together. The only exception been Ryan Air. You could have an empty flight and Ryanair will still seperate you
We never prebook as I refuse to pay the money to be honest but we've also never been separated.

I wish we were though as she's a nightmare to fly with as she doesn't like it and gets bored.

Come to think about it, the £22 might be worth paying
Hallsie30/07/2020 07:55

I just pay it as its then something I don't have to worry about in the …I just pay it as its then something I don't have to worry about in the months/weeks/days leading up to the holiday.

I agree. Plus coming back from Portugal the other year and watching this very well spoken family trying to guilt Easyjet staff and other passengers into moving so they could all sit together was hard to watch as they refused to pay the seat charges. Im sorry but if you can afford £1000s on a holiday abroad and you want to sit together on the plane, you've got to pony up to be sure.
Post a comment
@
    Text