Groups
    EXPIRED

Precision Screwdrivers for PC/Laptop repair

Hi, does anyone know of any precision screwdrivers that are good for taking apart PC's/laptops? I've got a cheap set from the local poundshop but they are rubbish. Want a decent set that I can use over and over.

What are the good brands to use? //thanks

5 Comments

Tesco have a good Draper set - Jewellers S/Driver Set 11 Piece only £4.50: direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx :thumbsup:

http://direct.tesco.com/pi/Enlarge/4/100-8584F.jpg

Original Poster

cheers, but ive seen those ones earlier. i've got a set similar to that as well.

Should have been more specific in my original posting, sorry. I need a set which has the small heads (like the tesco draper set), but with big grips/handles. the handles on the set I have are too small and make it impossible to loosen up tight screws.

There is a few companys that do a specific set of tools for PC/Laptop repairs . I have such a set myself and got a similar one for use at work . I think both were bought from CPC [cpc-farnel] . There always was a few sets to choose from at differing prices .You get a good selection of tools in a zipper case and I've been able to build all the pc's using just the cheaper set . Try the CPC website or maybe toolfix or similar companys like that .

edit: just checked out the cpc site ..........they have quite a few on offer at different prices :

h**p://cpc.farnell.com/jsp…001

Banned

A lovely set at [url]www.screwfix.com[/url] £5.29 for 21 pcs screwfix.com/pro…1Pc

Banned

http://www.screwfix.com/sfd/i/cat/12/p1126212_x.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      3. word association Game74044544
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468

See more discussions