Predict the results!! If push came to shove who would you rather? May, Corbyn, Nuttall or Farron?

144 replies
Found 19th May
I reckon 58, 32, 6, 4 %

What are your % odds?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

Labour seem to have the best manifesto for anyone who cares about humans other than themselves. I'm hoping they win but unfortunately there's no vetting on election day.

Labour because corporation tax should be higher than 17%.

Labour seek to improve our dieing public services.
Labour will not punish you if you are old and suffer from dementia.
Labour will improve schools, emergency services and our NHS.

The Conservatives offer tax cuts at the expense of raping public services.

If you earn under 80k a year the Tories aren't for you. The Tories aren't for the "mondeo man" as some on here will have you believe.

Labour are for the many, not for the few.

Labour produced a manifesto that actually had coatings. The Tories criticised it then produced a manifesto without any costing.

Theresa May is not strong and stable.

Labour is going to surprise you. The Tories manifesto is hurting them a lot.

I've always voted Tory ever since I've been able to vote. This time I'm voting Labour. May and her cabinet are awful and I agree with most of Labour's policies, even though it's going to cost me over a grand extra a year in tax. I can afford it, and if it's going to the greater good then I don't mind
144 Comments

Labour is going to surprise you. The Tories manifesto is hurting them a lot.

None of the above lol

Jc/ labour any day

Boris. By far and away the best politician since paddy ashdown.
What happened after the referendum was diabolical.

May is unfortunately the only choice. A very, very flawed one but shes the best of a bad bunch on business and actually her policies on pensioners are long overdue.

Labour seem to have the best manifesto for anyone who cares about humans other than themselves. I'm hoping they win but unfortunately there's no vetting on election day.

blueybarnes

Labour seem to have the best manifesto for anyone who cares about humans … Labour seem to have the best manifesto for anyone who cares about humans other than themselves. I'm hoping they win but unfortunately there's no vetting on election day.

I care about my family too, hence I'm voting Tory.

what about the poor and disabled in this country? if May wins we are fxxxxd any bill they wish to pass will be passed and there's nothing we can do. the pledge of reducing immigration again nobody can possibly take the Tories serious especially after Cameron and Osbourne's stunt.

Which ever one is willing to reduce the foreign aid bill and spend the money here in the UK, looking after the elderly and the poorest in society and boost are economy/employment by building much needed homes etc.

Edited by: "POWYSWALES" 19th May

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

I care about my family too, hence I'm voting Tory.

​I'm interested to know why you think the Tories will benefit your family?

I hate corbyn but if push comes to shove labour is our only choice. the Tories have not paid back our deficit like promised NHS is a mess children are going to lose out on free school meals. May is a joke and she will only help the rich get richer yet again.

Tories will get the biggest ever victory they've ever had at an election. Labour are getting a bit of momentum but they've got no chance.

MANSHEZ

I hate corbyn but if push comes to shove labour is our only choice. the … I hate corbyn but if push comes to shove labour is our only choice. the Tories have not paid back our deficit like promised NHS is a mess children are going to lose out on free school meals. May is a joke and she will only help the rich get richer yet again.

But Labour caused the deficit in the first place and Gordon Brown sold are gold reserves when they were at there lowest value. People forgive and forget to easily.

POWYSWALES

Which ever one is willing to reduce the foreign aid bill and spend the … Which ever one is willing to reduce the foreign aid bill and spend the money here in the UK, to look after the elderly and the poorest in society and boost are economy/employment by building much needed homes etc.

Nothing wrong with foreign aid in principle. It actually can have economic benenfits for the uk.
blueybarnes

I'm interested to know why you think the Tories will benefit your family?

Sadly it's a case of them not doing the damage Labour would. I think the Tories will be better on the economy, more business friendly, they're actually addressing the ageing population and asking pensioners to contribute more and whilst nationalising the railways sounds nice it's too costly at this stage.

MANSHEZ

I hate corbyn but if push comes to shove labour is our only choice. the … I hate corbyn but if push comes to shove labour is our only choice. the Tories have not paid back our deficit like promised NHS is a mess children are going to lose out on free school meals. May is a joke and she will only help the rich get richer yet again.

Kids who qualify for free school meals will still get them won't they?

blueybarnes

I'm interested to know why you think the Tories will benefit your family?

I'm interested to know why you think voting Labour will make any difference?

remember May pulled the plug on the kiddy fiddle inquiry! she can't be trusted.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Kids who qualify for free school meals will still get them won't they?

​no the Tories are going to give free breakfasts to kids that need them instead of free dinners. they say they will save money. what about the kids on free dinners and the money it will cost the parents.

modaj1

remember May pulled the plug on the kiddy fiddle inquiry! she can't be … remember May pulled the plug on the kiddy fiddle inquiry! she can't be trusted.

Kiddy fiddle? What and when was this?

MANSHEZ

no the Tories are going to give free breakfasts to kids that need them … no the Tories are going to give free breakfasts to kids that need them instead of free dinners. they say they will save money. what about the kids on free dinners and the money it will cost the parents.

It's only the free meals for infants and presumably it wouldn't impact those on benefits anyway...

My little one won't touch them...

don't matter who you vote for they will all b better off financially than you.

whoever wins they should stop bailing the banks out and stop allowing banks to give huge bonuses and stop sending foreign aid keep the money for people in this country. people should wake up no other country like us so why give them money ?

MANSHEZ

no the Tories are going to give free breakfasts to kids that need them … no the Tories are going to give free breakfasts to kids that need them instead of free dinners. they say they will save money. what about the kids on free dinners and the money it will cost the parents.

The money it will cost parents to feed their own children? Isn't feeding your kids one thing parents should take responsibility for?

MANSHEZ

people should wake up no other country like us so why give them money ?

Because they need it.

​Because austerity measures have not worked. The deficit (which incidently was caused by a global financial crash, not the Labour party) has been almost trebled under the Tories who insisted it would be wiped by 2015. Also, you can't equate Tony Blair's Labour with Corbyn. New Labour were just Diet Tory.

MANSHEZ

whoever wins they should stop bailing the banks out and stop allowing … whoever wins they should stop bailing the banks out and stop allowing banks to give huge bonuses and stop sending foreign aid keep the money for people in this country. people should wake up no other country like us so why give them money ?

If you send money to troubled areas, you can lift those areas out of poverty.

That's lovely right? Need a reason that's a bit more financially worthwhile? Ok.

You send money to troubled areas, those areas become less troubled, more prosperous and you've just created a whole new customer base to buy UK exports. That creates jobs in the UK.

blueybarnes

Because austerity measures have not worked. The deficit (which incidently … Because austerity measures have not worked. The deficit (which incidently was caused by a global financial crash, not the Labour party) has been almost trebled under the Tories who insisted it would be wiped by 2015. Also, you can't equate Tony Blair's Labour with Corbyn. New Labour were just Diet Tory.

New Labour were diet Tory. They were also electable.

Corbyn supporters, Labour members who voted for Corbyn, Momentum etc. are all ignorant of history. In four decades this country has not voted for the left-wing policies of Corbyn. They were rejected in the 70s and 80s and they will be rejected again.

That's the Labour party's problem. By rejecting New Labour and Blair they're rejecting electability.

Original Poster

killstreak

Labour is going to surprise you. The Tories manifesto is hurting them a … Labour is going to surprise you. The Tories manifesto is hurting them a lot.

You're right, it is going to surprise me if anyone votes for Corbyn over anyone else haha!

I think my exit polls are bang on!!

Turn out of 61.9%

You wait and see hahha!!

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

New Labour were diet Tory. They were also electable.Corbyn supporters, … New Labour were diet Tory. They were also electable.Corbyn supporters, Labour members who voted for Corbyn, Momentum etc. are all ignorant of history. In four decades this country has not voted for the left-wing policies of Corbyn. They were rejected in the 70s and 80s and they will be rejected again.That's the Labour party's problem. By rejecting New Labour and Blair they're rejecting electability.

​So because they've been rejected in the past, it means that you shouldn't vote for them? We just accept the status quo because that's how it's always been?

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

If you send money to troubled areas, you can lift those areas out of … If you send money to troubled areas, you can lift those areas out of poverty.That's lovely right? Need a reason that's a bit more financially worthwhile? Ok.You send money to troubled areas, those areas become less troubled, more prosperous and you've just created a whole new customer base to buy UK exports. That creates jobs in the UK.

Do you think the EU nations should be forced to reach the 0.7% target for development spending. We are one of only 6 nations around the world that hit this target.

We contribute about £12.1 billion which is roughly four or five times one estimate for the shortfall in social care funding; but from another perspective, it’s a bit less per household than one estimate for the food we throw away.

Foreign aid info

POWYSWALES

But Labour caused the deficit in the first place and Gordon Brown sold … But Labour caused the deficit in the first place and Gordon Brown sold are gold reserves when they were at there lowest value. People forgive and forget to easily.

Fake news.
http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2016/03/13/the-conservatives-have-been-the-biggest-borrowers-over-the-last-70-years/

Data sources

The basic data on borrowing came from the House of Commons Library.

GDP data from 1955 came from the 2015 budget GDP deflators. The 2015-16 estimate came from the July 2015 budget report. The data for the period period to 1955 came from the Bank of England. Data was checked to the Treasury Pocket Data Book: as is usual there are minor differences, but too small to worry about.

GDP deflator data came from similar sources but was estimated for 2015-16 based on 2014-15 and for the period prior to 1955 based on data for 1955 – 65. It is unlikely that this estimate materially changes any finding.

Governments in office for a year were determined in election years by the number of days each had in office: the party with the greater number being attributed the whole year.

Edited by: "DT89" 19th May

Labour because corporation tax should be higher than 17%.

Labour seek to improve our dieing public services.
Labour will improve schools, emergency services and our NHS.

The Conservatives offer tax cuts at the expense of raping public services.

If you earn under 80k a year the Tories aren't for you. The Tories aren't for the "mondeo man" as some on here will have you believe.

Labour are for the many, not for the few.

Labour produced a manifesto that actually had coatings. The Tories criticised it then produced a manifesto without any costing.

Theresa May is not strong and stable.

I'd snog May, marry...
Oh, hang on, was that not the question?

OllieSt

Do you think the EU nations should be forced to reach the 0.7% target for … Do you think the EU nations should be forced to reach the 0.7% target for development spending. We are one of only 6 nations around the world that hit this target.We contribute about £12.1 billion which is roughly four or five times one estimate for the shortfall in social care funding; but from another perspective, it’s a bit less per household than one estimate for the food we throw away.Foreign aid info

I think we should constantly review a figure lest it become some arbitrary figure. I also think we should discuss what we spend it on, rather than international development as a concept.
blueybarnes

So because they've been rejected in the past, it means that you shouldn't … So because they've been rejected in the past, it means that you shouldn't vote for them? We just accept the status quo because that's how it's always been?

I think an acceptance of the way the world is rather than the way you'd like it to be is a nice starting spot.

Labour are simply repeating the mistakes of the past and hoping for a different response. Blair knew that he needed middle-class, middle-England voters and he targeted them. That's why he won.

Every other leader including Corbyn has ignored that voting bloc and they've lost.

dtovey89

Fake news. … Fake news. http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2016/03/13/the-conservatives-have-been-the-biggest-borrowers-over-the-last-70-years/Data sourcesThe basic data on borrowing came from the House of Commons Library.GDP data from 1955 came from the 2015 budget GDP deflators. The 2015-16 estimate came from the July 2015 budget report. The data for the period period to 1955 came from the Bank of England. Data was checked to the Treasury Pocket Data Book: as is usual there are minor differences, but too small to worry about.GDP deflator data came from similar sources but was estimated for 2015-16 based on 2014-15 and for the period prior to 1955 based on data for 1955 – 65. It is unlikely that this estimate materially changes any finding.Governments in office for a year were determined in election years by the number of days each had in office: the party with the greater number being attributed the whole year.

Have you read comments on that page re: WW2 rebuilding costs?

dtovey89

Asking people to contribute to social care without losing their home and still having £100,000 ringfenced after death is 'punishing' people?

Here's the problem with Corbyn - he's stuck in the past.

His answers to problems are from the 80s. He's a luddite, an intellectual minnow who is serving up reheated policies that the British public waved away before you were even born.

And the biggest issue he's ignoring is the ageing population which is crippling both the NHS and social care system. As much as I dislike May, she's actually addressing it which is unique in modern British politics except for the raising of the retirement age.

It's a modern problem and Corbyn is simply a man without the tools to solve it, because everything he learnt about politics came from the 1970s.

Don't let interviews with JME fool you.

Corbyn / Labour
The Tories with their Big Brother style internet laws will probably see the end of MISC on HUKD

killstreak

Labour is going to surprise you. The Tories manifesto is hurting them a … Labour is going to surprise you. The Tories manifesto is hurting them a lot.

I agree. Labour continuously surprises me. Mind you, Corbyn is a bit of a joker when it comes to politics.

OllieSt

Have you read comments on that page re: WW2 rebuilding costs?

Yes. Remind me who won the election in 1945 and invested in the country whilst National Debt to GDP was 200%?

Clue. It wasn't the Tories.

Austerity didn't and wasn't needed post WW2 so it definitely isn't needed now.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Issue with Quidco referrals not tracking22
    2. What's the best used laptop I can get for £180?22
    3. Android TV box help?22
    4. Best phone for spec- canada and uk?11

See more discussions