Groups

pregnant - dont shop at sainsburys .....ridiculous

Supermarket refuses to sell pregnant woman cheese
    Pregnant Janet Lehain has criticised supermarket staff who refused to sell her a block of Cheddar cheese because it was too ''dangerous''.

Ms Lehain, from Bedford, had to lie and promise she would not eat the cheese herself before the Sainsbury's deli counter worker allowed her to buy it

33 Comments

is cheese bad for pregnant women :?

holly100;6484689

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/6259912/Supermarket-refuses-to-sell-pregnant-woman-cheese.html

How insensitive and patronising was that worker !

Ah well, she meant well, maybe x

micoo;6484690

only soft cheeses.. lol, nothing to do with man cheese

"Cheese is an important source of protein and calcium for pregnant women but certain kinds do need to be avoided. This is because some cheeses are more inclined to allow growth of bacteria, such as listeria, which can harm your unborn child.

Pregnant women are advised not to eat:

• soft, mould-ripened cheeses, such as Brie or Camembert
    • blue-veined cheeses, such as Danish Blue and Stilton

These cheeses are moister and less acidic than other cheeses, providing a perfect environment for bacteria to grow. However, thorough cooking should kill any listeria, so it should be safe to eat these cheeses in cooked food. Before you eat it, though, make sure it has been properly cooked and is piping hot all the way through.

In healthy adults, infection with listeria can cause a short-lived flu-like illness. Pregnant women, however, can be hit harder by listeria, for the same reason you are more susceptible to everything during pregnancy: your immune system isn't working as well. "

Is from,

babycentre.co.uk/pre…rt/

good morning holly :-D, This it a stupid story, Why should you net be able to buy cheese, It is advised not to eat some cheese but that is just advice, you can eat cheese if you want. The world is going mad.

.It was meant with good intentions............stupid moaning bitch going to the papers. Probably going to sue next. :roll:

It's a sad reflection of the pathetic 'nanny state' we live in :x , that jumped up till tart should be sacked :thumbsup:

Banned

Syzable;6484710

.It was meant with good intentions............stupid moaning bitch going … .It was meant with good intentions............stupid moaning bitch going to the papers. Probably going to sue next. :roll:

yep, and abit more added than actually happened probably

huh cheddar cheese is ok to eat anyway..... and tbh i ate lots fo things they say dont but i didnt knwo with my 1st x

sassie;6484727

yep, and abit more added than actually happened probably

Yep..........a bit of editorial licencse no doubt.

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6484693

How insensitive and patronising was that worker ! Ah well, she meant … How insensitive and patronising was that worker ! Ah well, she meant well, maybe x

jobsworthy

if they were that concerned about their ''customers'' - and this goes for any supermarket -
    why - when there is a product recall - especially regards to food - do they put notices on a wall at the back of customer services or the like
    - they should put them by the checkous etc

Syzable;6484710

.It was meant with good intentions............stupid moaning bitch going … .It was meant with good intentions............stupid moaning bitch going to the papers. Probably going to sue next. :roll:

sure, doctors always advice women not to eat blue cheese when they are pregnant

the pregnant woman probably just got her knickers in a twist because of all the hormons

Banned

Syzable;6484734

Yep..........a bit of editorial licencse no doubt.

oh good grief yes, anything else just wouldnt be worth publishing

holly100;6484735

jobsworthy if they were that concerned about their ''customers'' - and … jobsworthy if they were that concerned about their ''customers'' - and this goes for any supermarket - why - when there is a product recall - especially regards to food - do they put notices on a wall at the back of customer services or the like - they should put them by the checkous etc

I think you are confusing staff with the corporate machine. :thumbsup:

so then sainsburys shouldnt sell alcohol. fags etc to pregnant women either they are advised to be avoided during pregnancy!

micoo;6484690

Think this one is

http://www.kilgorelabs.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/killercheese/cheese01.jpg

CuteKitty26;6484775

so then sainsburys shouldnt sell alcohol. fags etc to pregnant women … so then sainsburys shouldnt sell alcohol. fags etc to pregnant women either they are advised to be avoided during pregnancy!

you could always say you're buying them for your binge drinking teenager :whistling:;-)

Banned

CuteKitty26;6484775

so then sainsburys shouldnt sell alcohol. fags etc to pregnant women … so then sainsburys shouldnt sell alcohol. fags etc to pregnant women either they are advised to be avoided during pregnancy!

dont think they sell them on the deli anyway :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Syzable;6484770

I think you are confusing staff with the corporate machine. :thumbsup:

corrected - thanks syz :thumbsup:

still pzzes me off though

yeah i bought a cutlery set from there, had to sign a sworn statement that i would not jab the fork into my eye soon as i got home before they would let me pay for them :?

Original Poster

CuteKitty26;6484775

waiting for the guy in the pharmacy to shout at all the pregnant ladies

[COLOR="Red"]should have used a condom[/COLOR]:-D

holly100;6484815

corrected - thanks syz :thumbsup:still pzzes me off though

I agree...........it should be made more visible.

Although one of our 2 Sainsbury's is quite good as it has a big notice board as you go in with all stuff like this posted on it. The other one though probably puts it in the toilet. :lol:

Syzable;6484843

I agree...........it should be made more visible. :)Although one of our 2 … I agree...........it should be made more visible. :)Although one of our 2 Sainsbury's is quite good as it has a big notice board as you go in with all stuff like this posted on it. The other one though probably puts it in the toilet. :lol:

omg, that reminds me i must go do the washing up :w00t:

Syzable;6484710

+1

Youre all mad if you believe it really happened like this,lol....

I like cheese.

I wonder if Jamie Olivir will stop doing ads for Sainsbury after this scandal

tinkerbell28;6484757

True, it was probably a little bit of a "lighthearted" convo, I always … True, it was probably a little bit of a "lighthearted" convo, I always have random ramblings with the checkout staff at my sainsburys they are all so friendly looooool, I am mad aren't I :lol::oops:Na seriously I have yet to meet an a bad worker at Sainsburys!

I agree,The wife works there in Admin and they are constantly pushed about politeness and being helpful ,Then along come customers who are nothing short of lunatics and cant take a bit of friendly advice without ringing the papers,Then along come lunatic readers who believe every word ever put into print,Jeeeeeeez,,

tonyg1962;6484902

I agree,The wife works there in Admin and they are constantly pushed … I agree,The wife works there in Admin and they are constantly pushed about politeness and being helpful ,Then along come customers who are nothing short of lunatics and cant take a bit of friendly advice without ringing the papers,Then along come lunatic readers who believe every word ever put into print,Jeeeeeeez,,

You mean Jordan isn't a well rounded person and a devoted mother. :w00t: :lol:

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6484865

Youre all mad if you believe it really happened like this,lol....

dont underestimate the members on here to - me included - to put things into perspective

its a newspaper story

we cant just have one liners

Daily Telegraph - Monday - 5th October 2009

Cameron to screw people out of benefits
    2 young girls commit suicide by jumping off bridge
    etc etc
    sport stories
    chelsea beat liverpool in an abysmal match - well i am shutting up now :-D

get my drift:thumbsup:

After getting her cheese she should have said "thanks for the cheese, now can you direct me to the tobacco counter and alcohol isle?"

nikkib123;6484991

I am just off to Sainsburys to do my shopping should I stick a cushion up … I am just off to Sainsburys to do my shopping should I stick a cushion up my top and then ask for some brie???

Make it some Camembert and ask her if it always smells like that or if she didnt grab a shower this morning ... ;-)

Syzable;6484918

You mean Jordan isn't a well rounded person and a devoted mother. :w00t: … You mean Jordan isn't a well rounded person and a devoted mother. :w00t: :lol:

Bits of her are well-rounded
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions