Pregnant Laos Drug Smuggler gets life in prison

avoided the death sentance

news.sky.com/sky…ge_

147 Comments

Banned

and away we go.......

Yeah couldnt give her the Death Sentence because its illegal to kill a pregnant woman in that country.

Read yesterday that she got herself pregnant on purpose to escape it.

she deserves what she gets and she should not be allowed to serve it over here in comfort compared to over there.
and on my 2000th post!

Banned

not many countries that would hand out the death sentence to forigners these days

she should be kept over there and left to rot same as that corby woman

Banned

excellent result .. shame we don't do the same over here

dog_cop;5388441

excellent result .. shame we don't do the same over here

+1

wulshaz;5388398

she deserves what she gets and she should not be allowed to serve it over … she deserves what she gets and she should not be allowed to serve it over here in comfort compared to over there.and on my 2000th post!

Congrats on 2,000 posts!

Quite a clever trick really to get pregnant to avoid the death penalty. Bearing in mind she had no legal consultations - who told her this was the thing to do - and then, who did she seduce?

Sorry not read alll the facts

Banned

sassie;5388390

and away we go.......

Insightful:thinking:

Shame some countries still have the death penalty as an option, and that one must go to such lengths to avoid it.

[QUOTE=Butterflies;5388470]Congrats on 2,000 posts!

thank you :thumbsup::)

Original Poster

sassie;5388390

and away we go.......

lol the first post on this was very entertaining.... interested to see the views on her sentence

*waits patiently for a F&F trolling comment*

p.s good, let's make it life too. Every last day of the miserable one she is going to get in there.

They should make her story into an advert and highlight her case as a deterrent.

Edit: F&F beat me by a minute.

amazing quote...

"Lao officials have asserted that she may have artificially inseminated herself while behind bars."

Yep, and my ears expel purple clouds of liquid nitrogen.

Think I would rather get the death sentence than serve life in one of their prisons, then again I wouldn't do anything as daft as trying to smuggle drugs into any country.

she confessed then eh

Banned

jakreid;5388500

lol the first post on this was very entertaining.... interested to see … lol the first post on this was very entertaining.... interested to see the views on her sentence

personally i think its very sad all round, but not as sad as some of the posts you see on here

Banned

well its been two minutes and the HUKD troll has not shown yet:whistling:

Banned

ClarityofMind;5388512

amazing quote..."Lao officials have asserted that she may have … amazing quote..."Lao officials have asserted that she may have artificially inseminated herself while behind bars."Yep, and my ears expell purple clouds of liquid nitrogen.

Apparently she got to speak to a British lawyer about 3 weeks ago, in the presence of Lao government officials.

All sounds rather strange.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

dog_cop;5388536

well its been two minutes and the HUKD troll has not shown yet:whistling:

see post #10

or are we talking about the other one ... lol

Banned

youre all out of your tiny minds if you believe she got pregnant to avoid the death sentence

Banned

smithyp1;5388564

see post #10or are we talking about the other one ... lol

blimey sneaked in under the wire.. plus its on my ignore list anyway :w00t:

Banned

casparwhite;5388565

youre all out of your tiny minds if you believe she got pregnant to avoid … youre all out of your tiny minds if you believe she got pregnant to avoid the death sentence

immaculate conception then :thinking:

ClarityofMind;5388512

amazing quote..."Lao officials have asserted that she may have … amazing quote..."Lao officials have asserted that she may have artificially inseminated herself while behind bars."Yep, and my ears expel purple clouds of liquid nitrogen.

Yours too?

It is a bit of a stumper, that one. How long does sperm live outside the body in that kind of heat? Could she have slyly given someone a handjob and just carried it back to her cell after a prison visit, or something like that? Personally, I like the idea best of a prison janitor trying his best Arnie chatup line on her:

"Come with me if you want to live"
"Uh?"
"No, really. Works like this, right..."

Banned

dog_cop;5388582

immaculate conception then :thinking:

or claims of rape within the prison

as claimed before

shes guilty and thats it....20 year old gonna spend rest of her life in prison with a half laotian child

casparwhite;5388565

youre all out of your tiny minds if you believe she got pregnant to avoid … youre all out of your tiny minds if you believe she got pregnant to avoid the death sentence

enlighten me please (and not meant in a sarcastic way) I don't see many papers and I haven't been following this story on-line

Banned

to be honest who cares.. life in some hell hole ideal for some drugs smuggling scum

Banned

Butterflies;5388600

enlighten me please (and not meant in a sarcastic way) I don't see many … enlighten me please (and not meant in a sarcastic way) I don't see many papers and I haven't been following this story on-line

you wont find many countries that will juse the death sentence on foreigners these days....bar china

people are saying she artificially impregnated herself......lmao
also there are claims she was raped within the prison as shes 4/5 month pregnant

all just speculation

Banned

dog_cop;5388620

to be honest who cares.. life in some hell hole ideal for some drugs … to be honest who cares.. life in some hell hole ideal for some drugs smuggling scum

Because she's still human and not all of us take the view that a person is worthless just because they smuggled drugs.

FilthAndFurry;5388550

Apparently she got to speak to a British lawyer about 3 weeks ago, in the … Apparently she got to speak to a British lawyer about 3 weeks ago, in the presence of Lao government officials.All sounds rather strange.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8049537.stm

Who knows what's been happening... but I doubt there's sanitary useful little vials of sperm sitting around on the floors of the prison for her to artificially inseminate herself with.

Undoubtedly it's a relief she didn't receive the death sentence, she was drug smuggling and such crimes end countless lives, so life imprisonment seems appropriate. I'm sure she'll want to serve her sentence here rather than there if at all possible.

It's a shame for that child, will have to grow up without his/her mother. I wonder whether the child when he/she is born will return to family in the UK if there is any or they will seek the father or if the child will be absorbed into the conditions in Laos.

Banned

casparwhite;5388632

you wont find many countries that will juse the death sentence on … you wont find many countries that will juse the death sentence on foreigners these days....bar chinapeople are saying she artificially impregnated herself......lmaoalso there are claims she was raped within the prison as shes 4/5 month pregnantall just speculation

There are also claims she got pregnant by a British prisoner

thisislondon.co.uk/sta….do

Legalise all drugs and this wouldn't be a problem. I can't understand how, in the 21st century, people are killing other people for having a drug. Doesn't matter if you're the government - she didn't murder anyone and the death penalty is madness.

Lao law is primitive.

Banned

Not being funny if there are 6 people in a cell how the **** is she suppose to get pregnant.

sam2007;5388661

Not being funny if there are 6 people in a cell how the **** is she … Not being funny if there are 6 people in a cell how the **** is she suppose to get pregnant.

I think this makes it more likely lol

hmmm 24 hrs in here? How shall we pass the time..... ?

FilthAndFurry;5388645

Because she's still human and not all of us take the view that a person … Because she's still human and not all of us take the view that a person is worthless just because they smuggled drugs.

I don't believe it - thats 2 things you've said in 2 days that I agree with - wtf is going on?

Banned

[email protected];5388656

Legalise all drugs and this wouldn't be a problem. I can't understand … Legalise all drugs and this wouldn't be a problem. I can't understand how, in the 21st century, people are killing other people for having a drug. Doesn't matter if you're the government - she didn't murder anyone and the death penalty is madness.Lao law is primitive.

+1

Banned

Legalise all drugs and this wouldn't be a problem. I can't understand … Legalise all drugs and this wouldn't be a problem. I can't understand how, in the 21st century, people are killing other people for having a drug. Doesn't matter if you're the government - she didn't murder anyone and the death penalty is madness.Lao law is primitive.

half a kilo of pure heroin deserves 10 life sentences or more in my eyes

you are just plain daft if you dont think heroin kills people.....

laos law is their law like it or lump it......even tho heroin is illegal around the world////primitive law for primitive country

I wouldn't want such drugs legalised, personally.

"It is not known who the father of Ms Orobator's child is. Earlier this week, her mother, Jane, said her daughter was not raped and the father of the child was not a Lao prison official.
At one point authorities were investigating the possibility she artificially inseminated herself in prison after a syringe was found amongst her belongings.
They were also investigating the idea that she became pregnant by another prisoner - possibly a Briton being held in the same jail"

She may not have stood and put her hands around someone's throat, but heroin kills people, it destroys lives on a daily basis and her actions would have added to the misery of thousands of people.

Banned

casparwhite;5388693

half a kilo of pure heroin deserves 10 life sentences or more in my … half a kilo of pure heroin deserves 10 life sentences or more in my eyesyou are just plain daft if you dont think heroin kills people.....laos law is their law like it or lump it......even tho heroin is illegal around the world////primitive law for primitive country

Heroin absolutely kills people, but it's their choice. People will use it no matter what laws, punishments or educational adverts you use.

How about we accept a timeless reality like this and try and remove the gangs and murderers who love the pathetic act of prohibition because it makes them millionaires.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29313805
    2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1917
    3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
    4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251370

See more discussions