Found 18th Apr 2011
Have you ever managed to book a £29 room ?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
22 Comments

Yes, much better than travelodge!!

No, tried a few times

when are they going for £29

i've booked for next week, £19 per room per night for a family room... bargain X)

lol looks like i missed out then

Yep, not exactly where I wanted one but only 10 miles up the road.

Original Poster

JO-JO

i've booked for next week, £19 per room per night for a family room... … i've booked for next week, £19 per room per night for a family room... bargain X)

Where was this ? Are you sure it is the Premier Inn and not Travelodge!!

Tanya

its cardiff, and i'm sure its premier inn...

A friend at work got a room in York for £29 a night for the week (not inc weekends) so they do exist

Just scored a midweek room in Northampton during the kids holiday week in May for £29

Yes we did- stayed in Redditch premier inn last weekend- huge huge room(family room) and was above a brewers fayre- kids were free whole time too

Ps ours was a Saturday night

Tanya

Premier Inn have done £19 rooms twice now for allocated times.

Dont know why people say they cant get them, there are loads out there.

Minimum 3 week advance purchase albeit semi limited dates/places....so for instance you may not get a whole week at the £29 rate but anyone I have ever come across with that rate in my hotel got it first time with no hassle, and yeah, some get whole weeks (personally wouldnt stay in one for a week, but if its £29 a night, or £19 who's to grumble?)

This allocation runs till the end of August I am sure, with some going out only 7 days advance notice instead of the 21. They get booked up pretty quickly in the summer months and they were released ages ago, so some dates may not have any left , but they now have a booking thing online when it shows when £29 rooms are available that may help people set dates.

Just remember, once your money is gone for those rooms though, its gone........there is no refund, no cancellation, no amendment, and thats even if only 1 night is the £29 rate, the others which can be a huge jump in price, you will lose too.
Edited by: "Skyebee" 18th Apr 2011

we stayed in the portsmouth one on new years eve, that was £29..

JO-JO

we stayed in the portsmouth one on new years eve, that was £29..

I think most of the P.I's were all £29 rooms on NYE and Xmas, 75% of our rooms pretty much were. Cracking deal and got a lot of people together over the festive period beause the price was good.

They are not restricted to week days either, as the hotels are already pretty busy with business guests through the week so they don't need £29 to pull in more people.

They have been running for ages now, I thought it was gonna be a gimmick, but it looks like its gonna be ongoing.

I'm feeling unlucky now because everyone else seems to have got them except me!:(

patience_1

I'm feeling unlucky now because everyone else seems to have got them … I'm feeling unlucky now because everyone else seems to have got them except me!:(

Not just you: I have looked and failed as well ( despite trying straight away after the early email warnings).

I think we must be wanting the wrong places!

Try the quieter ones, I work in Glasgow, well just north of it, city centres sell out quickly, but for the sake of 7 miles the 2 here have plenty. All the city ones, and more popular places, ones near attractions etc sell fast and have even more limited numbers, but the ones slightly further out are not so limited. I realise it may not be where you want to stay exactly, but by adding 15 minutes drive time you could potentially save £40 (typical weekday price in my "quiet" hotel)

Also, I know when they 1st started it, more popular places started at £49 I think, then the next tier was £39, down to £29, you may still be being offered a "premier offer" but because you are not seeing the £29 people might think it's just rack rate.

I've booked a family room for£29 in June

Skyebee

Try the quieter ones, I work in Glasgow, well just north of it, city … Try the quieter ones, I work in Glasgow, well just north of it, city centres sell out quickly, but for the sake of 7 miles the 2 here have plenty. All the city ones, and more popular places, ones near attractions etc sell fast and have even more limited numbers, but the ones slightly further out are not so limited. I realise it may not be where you want to stay exactly, but by adding 15 minutes drive time you could potentially save £40 (typical weekday price in my "quiet" hotel)Also, I know when they 1st started it, more popular places started at £49 I think, then the next tier was £39, down to £29, you may still be being offered a "premier offer" but because you are not seeing the £29 people might think it's just rack rate.

Managed to get a £29 room in central Glasgow next friday night. At time of booking saturday night was also available for £29 but decided one night was enough

Yes.....got one for my parents for Newcstle Airport next week and we got them for Gourock last summer...much nicer than Travelodge

I have booked these easily in the past - had a night in York City Centre for £29 just before Christmas, and had the 30th December in Durham for £29 too.

Also have booked one at Salford Quays for a few weeks' time....

Didn't realise people struggled to get them?

Almost booked one for £19 the other week, but didn't in the end.

The York & Durham ones were both really nice and central - would highly recommend.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415446
    2. Orionid meteor shower over the weekend33
    3. word association Game74244918
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522875

See more discussions