Premier Inn Check-In/Payment Query

6 replies
Found 26th May 2008
I booked a room for myself with Premier Inn a few weeks ago with my mum's credit card. When I check-in on the weekend, they will need the credit card to confirm my booking right? Will it be a problem when I do this, as it's not my name on the credit card? And do they take payment from your card or can you pay in cash? The bookings in my name.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
6 Comments

The card will only be used to hold the booking, you wont be able to use the card for payment if the card owner is not present. If you didn't turn up the card would be charged full price for one night, you will be able to pay with cash on arrival though

Original Poster

Ahh great, that makes sense. Thanks.

Will make sure my wallett is full of cash then

Its a bit awkward to answer to be honest as Premier Inn seem to have different policies at different places, but the one at Leicester wanted a credit card with my name on it for security but I actually paid cash and nothing came off my card, but saying that I don't think she would of refused us if we had'nt had a credit card.

masterbrown;2181427

Its a bit awkward to answer to be honest as Premier Inn seem to have … Its a bit awkward to answer to be honest as Premier Inn seem to have different policies at different places, but the one at Leicester wanted a credit card with my name on it for security but I actually paid cash and nothing came off my card, but saying that I don't think she would of refused us if we had'nt had a credit card.

If paying by cash, they should only ever need to see ID. i.e. a passport or driving license

If paying by cash i think you need photo ID, could be wrong tho. maybe just ring the hotel?

ID is required with cash payment, the card would of just held the booking, tho the premier inn i work at charged £100 to the card if there was evidence of smoking in the rooms
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769493
    2. Any PS4 News Here29313895
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2658
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604815

See more discussions