Premier League and EFL agree to postpone all games until April 3rd

Deal editor34
Posted 13th Mar
The Premier League and EFL have today agreed to postpone all their games until April 3rd due to growing concerns over Coronavirus.

Here's the official statement.

3421695-IQp7z.jpg
Statement:

The FA, Premier League, EFL and Barclays FA Women’s Super League and FA Women’s Championship have collectively agreed to postpone the professional game in England until 3 April at the earliest.

This action, which will be kept under constant review, has been taken due to the increasing numbers of Clubs taking steps to isolate their players and staff because of the COVID-19 virus.

The postponements include all matches in the Championship, League One and League Two, as well as all Academy and youth team fixtures.

In addition, Clubs are being advised to suspend indefinitely all non-essential activities which include, but are not limited to, player appearances, training ground visits and fan meetings.

Whilst the EFL Board has continued to take the advice and guidance offered by the Government and its health advisors, emerging developments mean now is the time to implement football’s contingency plans in response to the crisis.

A further update on these plans will be given post an EFL Board Meeting next week.

This decision has not been taken lightly, but the EFL must prioritise the health and well-being of players, staff and supporters while also acknowledging the Government’s national efforts in tackling this outbreak.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
Should play the rest of the games on FIFA 20
Glad to hear that. If the top ones are not listening and are thinking about "herd immunity" and "preparation for losing loved ones" then it comes back to us to think more about each other.
40097488-z3lFU.jpg
34 Comments
Glad to hear that. If the top ones are not listening and are thinking about "herd immunity" and "preparation for losing loved ones" then it comes back to us to think more about each other.
As a Villa fan I heartily endorse this
I wonder what will happen to promotion, relegation & champions league places if the rest of the season is cancelled. They were talking about playing behind closed doors but after recent events at Arsenal & Everton that seems unlikely.
Edited by: "captainbeaky" 13th Mar
Should play the rest of the games on FIFA 20
mixmixi13/03/2020 11:28

Glad to hear that. If the top ones are not listening and are thinking …Glad to hear that. If the top ones are not listening and are thinking about "herd immunity" and "preparation for losing loved ones" then it comes back to us to think more about each other.

Think off all the pension and benefits money they will save, the cut (ultimately) in nhs costs and waiting lists I'm sure they are!
Edited by: "compadre" 13th Mar
40097488-z3lFU.jpg
captainbeaky13/03/2020 11:34

I wonder what will happen to promotion, relegation & champions league …I wonder what will happen to promotion, relegation & champions league places if the rest of the season is cancelled. They were talking about playing behind closed doors but after recent events at Arsenal & Everton that seems unlikely.

As much as some would like it voided, it won't be. It would be too much of a mess. Best guess is Euros moved back a year, games played 2 a week before new season. Assuming the virus situation is slowing at that point.
Where's the button to vote it "hot"....?
"The remainder of the Scottish football season has been postponed indefinitely over fears about coronavirus, the SPFL has confirmed."
Next the horse racing no doubt. Hello Steam and Epic, time to play my backlog of games.
Edited by: "Frankie77" 13th Mar
As a non football fan I whole heartily welcome this
Don't worry, you'll get used to it. They stopped playing football in Scotland years ago - just go through the motions now.
richp13/03/2020 12:35

As a non football fan I whole heartily welcome this

I am a huge football fan and watch a match whenever there is one on, it’s good what they have done here for health reasons but now I have nothing to watch on weekends
I wanted them to void this season and relegate City etc..
Void the season?

Just when it looked like Liverpool might finally win the Premier league and Leeds finally get back into it
chocci13/03/2020 17:10

Void the season?Just when it looked like Liverpool might finally win the …Void the season?Just when it looked like Liverpool might finally win the Premier league and Leeds finally get back into it

Cancel it, I hate both of them team “Boro fan”
chocci13/03/2020 17:10

Void the season?Just when it looked like Liverpool might finally win the …Void the season?Just when it looked like Liverpool might finally win the Premier league and Leeds finally get back into it

God hates both those teams
40099486-ibbjp.jpg
.MUFC.13/03/2020 17:30

[Image]

The real reason for The Dippers downfall
40100217-hZhnp.jpg
Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell13/03/2020 19:15

The real reason for The Dippers downfall [Image]

He's a United legend, I hope United recognise this young lad and give him season tickets for life!
Now is the time to get any discounts or a month refund for sports subscriptions.
I’ve been informed on Now TV Live Chat that they are willing to extend passes for customers with Sky Sports and Sky Sports Mobile passes (have the transcripts saved on notepad and logged on my account to prove for when I request the extension).

I have the Sky Sports Mobile pass and with the Premier League and the Darts Premier League postponed until at least April the pass is basically useless at the moment. There is a chance you could also enquire about the loss of Formula One (Australian Grand Prix) that was scheduled for this Sunday on Sky 1.
Edited by: "MrMaccieKFC" 13th Mar
MrMaccieKFC13/03/2020 20:24

Now is the time to get any discounts or a month refund for sports …Now is the time to get any discounts or a month refund for sports subscriptions. I’ve been informed on Now TV Live Chat that they are willing to extend passes for customers with Sky Sports and Sky Sports Mobile passes (have the transcripts saved on notepad and logged on my account to prove for when I request the extension).I have the Sky Sports Mobile pass and with the Premier League and the Darts Premier League postponed until at least April the pass is basically useless at the moment. There is a chance you could also enquire about the loss of Formula One (Australian Grand Prix) that was scheduled for this Sunday on Sky 1.

I use IPTV unfortunately so no chance for me
Wonder if all the players are worried about SSP.

Football doing the right thing whilst rest of us told to keep calm and carry on.

See local elections cancelled too.

I’ll be at work Monday....
Arto13/03/2020 13:09

I am a huge football fan and watch a match whenever there is one on, it’s g …I am a huge football fan and watch a match whenever there is one on, it’s good what they have done here for health reasons but now I have nothing to watch on weekends

If you've got a games console it might take your mind off the footie.
tryn2help14/03/2020 12:15

If you've got a games console it might take your mind off the footie.

I don’t own one anymore and I have nothing left to watch on Kodi
Arto14/03/2020 12:21

I don’t own one anymore and I have nothing left to watch on Kodi

Looks like the monastery for you then matey.
tryn2help14/03/2020 12:25

Looks like the monastery for you then matey.

Sleeping with the dogs 🐕
Now TV sent an email (I assume to everyone) regarding the Sports event cancellations. Useful leverage to extend your passes, but from my contact with Live Chat yesterday it looks like they’ll do this anyways. From personal experience with Now TV Live Chat they are more willing to keep customer satisfaction compared to even Sky’s own customer services.

40106893-vOW6j.jpg
40106893-YlSIg.jpg
"British racing will take place behind closed doors next week"

At least it isn't postponed for now. I think the difference here is no jockeys/trainers/stable workers have contracted the virus. Unlike the football scenario which lead to the sporting body intervening.
Grand National cancelled.
"All British racing suspended until end of April"
"All boxing events under the BBBoC cancelled until early April"
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants