Premier league to resume on June 17th,All games to be televised on Sky,BBC & Amazon..

27 Comments
UK horse racing returns on Monday 1st June too.

It's coming back... it's coming.. sport is coming back.
Wait til the whining starts from "fans" of lesser clubs.
19 is on its way.
Unfit players injuring themselves in silent stadiums It's going to be like watching practice matches. If it's not safe for Women's football and lower leagues, it's not safe for the Premier League.

Guess it shows how important money is...
abigsmurf28/05/2020 17:27

Unfit players injuring themselves in silent stadiums It's going to be like …Unfit players injuring themselves in silent stadiums It's going to be like watching practice matches. If it's not safe for Women's football and lower leagues, it's not safe for the Premier League.Guess it shows how important money is...

You could say that about any industry that needs to start again. Football pays £Billions in TAX every year - it has its benefits to us all.

Unfit players injuring themselves in silent stadiums It's going to be like …Unfit players injuring themselves in silent stadiums It's going to be like watching practice matches. If it's not safe for Women's football and lower leagues, it's not safe for the Premier League.Guess it shows how important money is...

Businesses need money.
Mcdonalds,KFC,B&Q etc have re-opened so that shows how important money is.

PS can you lended me a tenner til next month?
Blueskinnedbeast28/05/2020 17:37

Businesses need money.Mcdonalds,KFC,B&Q etc have re-opened so that shows …Businesses need money.Mcdonalds,KFC,B&Q etc have re-opened so that shows how important money is.PS can you lended me a tenner til next month?

McDonalds can enforce social distancing and take precautionary measures, football requires players to break social distancing guidelines by its nature.
abigsmurf28/05/2020 17:43

McDonalds can enforce social distancing and take precautionary measures, …McDonalds can enforce social distancing and take precautionary measures, football requires players to break social distancing guidelines by its nature.

Can enforce distancing but do they?
Any store I have been into(I don't eat junk food) I see people ignoring the 2 metre rule.
VAR needed. "he breached the 2 meter rule ref!"
Frankie7728/05/2020 17:48

VAR needed. "he breached the 2 meter rule ref!"

As long as he don't touch my balls it'll be fine

It shows how watertight, extortionate & unsustainable players contracts are.

Unfit? You seen some of the training regimes footballers have been doing whilst in lockdown?
Cannot wait!:D
Since the Bundesliga returned:
No new cases of covid
No players falling dead on the pitch
No 2nd wave in Germany
No fans gathering outside stadiums
Lots of goals
Record TV viewing figures
Lots of people back in work

Very successful if you ask me! No reason why the PL can't do the same.

Footballers workplace: Huge safety measures, masses of testing, outdoors, young healthy people, mass disinfecting, 90 minutes a week.

Football is genuinely one of the safest businesses to return.

Over 100,000 people are employed in the UK via the football industry.

If other business are returning in June then why can't football? Particularly when you consider the extreme safety measures they've put in place and the testing they've paid for!

I don't get the negative nancies if I'm honest.
Sc4mp028/05/2020 18:03

Unfit? You seen some of the training regimes footballers have been doing …Unfit? You seen some of the training regimes footballers have been doing whilst in lockdown?

Keyword being some. Lots of players struggle with weight just during the summer break and this has been longer and much less chance for exercise.
dbizal28/05/2020 18:11

Since the Bundesliga returned:No new cases of covidNo players falling dead …Since the Bundesliga returned:No new cases of covidNo players falling dead on the pitchNo 2nd wave in GermanyNo fans gathering outside stadiumsLots of goalsRecord TV viewing figuresLots of people back in workVery successful if you ask me! No reason why the PL can't do the same. Footballers workplace: Huge safety measures, masses of testing, outdoors, young healthy people, mass disinfecting, 90 minutes a week.Football is genuinely one of the safest businesses to return.Over 100,000 people are employed in the UK via the football industry.If other business are returning in June then why can't football? Particularly when you consider the extreme safety measures they've put in place and the testing they've paid for!I don't get the negative nancies if I'm honest.

Plus 57 goals. Hardly void of action due to no crowd.
Frankie7728/05/2020 18:17

Plus 57 goals. Hardly void of action due to no crowd.

There has been less crap also from the players and more play time also. Shows you how much the crowd influences the players.
dbizal28/05/2020 18:11

Since the Bundesliga returned:No new cases of covidNo players falling dead …Since the Bundesliga returned:No new cases of covidNo players falling dead on the pitchNo 2nd wave in GermanyNo fans gathering outside stadiumsLots of goalsRecord TV viewing figuresLots of people back in workVery successful if you ask me! No reason why the PL can't do the same. Footballers workplace: Huge safety measures, masses of testing, outdoors, young healthy people, mass disinfecting, 90 minutes a week.Football is genuinely one of the safest businesses to return.Over 100,000 people are employed in the UK via the football industry.If other business are returning in June then why can't football? Particularly when you consider the extreme safety measures they've put in place and the testing they've paid for!I don't get the negative nancies if I'm honest.

Could put a few arguments against the reasonings you've given but I do agree that football should return even before shops.

Unfortunately I think one of the reasons it's took this long is due to agendas teams had rather than the actual situation.
Sc4mp028/05/2020 18:21

Could put a few arguments against the reasonings you've given but I do …Could put a few arguments against the reasonings you've given but I do agree that football should return even before shops.Unfortunately I think one of the reasons it's took this long is due to agendas teams had rather than the actual situation.

Agreed. I'm a West Ham fan myself but Brady can do one... but she is just one person with an agenda.

I cannot wait for football to be back if I'm honest.
Must admit Havnt Missed it at all
Not going to spend my hard earnt cash any more to watch people who earn more in a week than a lot of people earn in ten years.

The lockdown was prohibitive and restrictive, not absolute. So unless a player had a relative who was self-isolating they could do one form of strenuous exercise a day outside in public. Also the vast majority of professional players have gardens, outside spaces and gyms so could easily perform the upper and lower body exercise to keep fit. Of course it means they can't practise some of the ball skills ( ) but what happened to the players when they return from the normal end of season Summer Break? The main issue is that players would have lost their match fitness and sharpness, but then this returns after a couple of competitive performances.
Blueskinnedbeast28/05/2020 17:08

Wait til the whining starts from "fans" of lesser clubs.19 is on its way.

You mean number 1. Joining the likes of Leciester and Blackburn
I'm in favour of the season being finished but not without the fans. They could have easily delayed next season. Also how can we allow contact training when we can't even hug our relatives.
Glad the season is finally moving forward, we can get it finished, be done with it and look forward to next season.

.MUFC.29/05/2020 09:21

Also how can we allow contact training when we can't even hug our …Also how can we allow contact training when we can't even hug our relatives.

Yep, would love to give the nephews a hug but unfortunately there isn't millions riding on it, unlike football.
.MUFC.29/05/2020 09:21

I'm in favour of the season being finished but not without the fans. They …I'm in favour of the season being finished but not without the fans. They could have easily delayed next season. Also how can we allow contact training when we can't even hug our relatives.

Well for one, they are routinely tested unlike our relatives or us. Secondly, they are fit young players where the virus impact is minimal.
Frankie7729/05/2020 09:37

Well for one, they are routinely tested unlike our relatives or us. …Well for one, they are routinely tested unlike our relatives or us. Secondly, they are fit young players where the virus impact is minimal.

True but no guarantee either way. I'm sure they could operate with a reduced capacity of fans say 1/4 could easily distance themselves in the stands etc.
Did you see the Denmark game that filled their stadium with Zoom video calls/screens when their football returned? Crazy, the future couch potato audience.
Edited by: "Frankie77" 29th May
FA cup restarting on 27 -28 June..
Post a comment
@
    Text