Premiership Footballer of The Year

Banned 28 replies
Found 16th Feb 2009
Mine's personally is Ryan Giggs, Who else?

1. Misc
  2. Football
27 Comments

Couldn't agree more, he's been like he was 5/6 years ago for the last couple of months.

the dandy p;4394610

Couldn't agree more, he's been like he was 5/6 years ago for the last … Couldn't agree more, he's been like he was 5/6 years ago for the last couple of months.

What? A Thick Boring Tosser? :whistling:

Stephen Ireland or Vidic ?

Original Poster Banned

smithyp1;4394636

Stephen Ireland or Vidic ?

Good One.

Can see the whole man utd team appearing here soon!

If United win the league it will be one of Vidic, Giggs or Carrick. If Liverpool win the league it will be Gerrard.

Fact.

Trickyjabs;4394630

What? A Thick Boring Tosser? :whistling:

Excellent input there, who would you pick?

I have to agree Vidic should win. Been the best player by far. All those clean sheets have been down to him.

Giggs has been good past couple of games but not POY! Maybe should win some sort of all time premier player award.

Banned

Vidic for me, closely followed by Shay Given

hankmarvin4;4394811

Vidic for me, closely followed by Shay Given

Shay Given is a great keeper and is having a good season but he probably wont even make the team of the year due to Van Der Sar and the clean sheet record etc.

It should go to a player who has exceeded expectations. If you play for Liverpool, united or chelsea you are expected to be good and excel.

For me should be someone like Carlton Cole at West Ham who has had a really good season playing for a poor team or even Jagielka at Everton

Banned

modoc;4394844

Shay Given is a great keeper and is having a good season but he probably … Shay Given is a great keeper and is having a good season but he probably wont even make the team of the year due to Van Der Sar and the clean sheet record etc.

agree, shame that. I think I would clean a few clean sheets behind that defence!

Banned

Trauts78;4394867

It should go to a player who has exceeded expectations. If you play for … It should go to a player who has exceeded expectations. If you play for Liverpool, united or chelsea you are expected to be good and excel.For me should be someone like Carlton Cole at West Ham who has had a really good season playing for a poor team or even Jagielka at Everton

yeah good shouts

glen johnson.

Xabi Alonso

Robert Green.

Apart from one game against Bolton he's been immense again. Easily the best English keeper up against the jokes that are David James and Scott Carson.

jooxs1981;4395067

Xabi Alonso

Premiership footballer of the year? eh?

Have i been watching a different season? :thinking:

Surely not.........

Stephen Ireland of Phil Jagelika for me.

Ireland. Def....

i can't believe some of the comments here, lol. carlon cole? is that a joke? this is player of the year we're talking about....not......thought he would be **** but turned out ok. stephen ireland is playing decent like but no way, best player of the whole year? I'm a utd fan myself and i wouldn't even put carrick in the running. he's maybe lived up to his price tag and rep this year but hasn't been outstanding. Steven gerrard has played well i'll give him that.

With all that said long way to go yet and you can't pick half way through the season. At this point i'd go with giggs, at 34 he's playing out of his skin and is probably utd's best performer of late and they are top of the league and in the running for everything.

I'll second Phil Jagielka, he's had a superb season. Vidic has been immense at the Scum.

Ryan Giggs is a bit part player now, 0 goals and 1 assist.
Van der Sar doesn't even figure in the top 5 goalkeepers according to Opta stats.

pugw$sh;4397198

I'll second Phil Jagielka, he's had a superb season. Vidic has been … I'll second Phil Jagielka, he's had a superb season. Vidic has been immense at the Scum.Ryan Giggs is a bit part player now, 0 goals and 1 assist.Van der Sar doesn't even figure in the top 5 goalkeepers according to Opta stats.

player of the year doesn't mean goals and assits of the year. his overall play in 3 different positions has been brilliant. Even Steven Gerrards biggest fan alan hansen says giggs should get it. I suppose he knows nothing about football either, lol

mcnally32;4397637

player of the year doesn't mean goals and assits of the year. his … player of the year doesn't mean goals and assits of the year. his overall play in 3 different positions has been brilliant. Even Steven Gerrards biggest fan alan hansen says giggs should get it. I suppose he knows nothing about football either, lol

Isn't Hansen the one who said you can't win championships with kids, he didn't know too much about football then did he?
;-)

pugw$sh;4399061

Isn't Hansen the one who said you can't win championships with kids, he … Isn't Hansen the one who said you can't win championships with kids, he didn't know too much about football then did he?;-)

this is true. however even as a liverpool legend i still respect the man''s views on football. Giggs deserves it imo

I don't thik Giggs deserves it. He's been good given his age, but theres been plenty of better players than him this year. Fair enough he's 34, but that doesn't mean he deserves to get it. He's not been a shadow of the player he was.

robert green, best keeper in england

OnTheBallCity;4405896

robert green, best keeper in england

best english keeper maybe, but best in england? not a chance! shay given, petr chech, edwin van der sar......even carlo cudicini is better imo:whistling:

Banned

So far I'd give it to Phil Jagielka &/or Vidic. But still a long way to go and think Given will shine at Man City and shore up their dodgy defence
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1847
    2. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.714
    3. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993247
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769450

See more discussions