Groups

preparing to configure, do not turn off pc

left on for a hour... It's still loading in. Please help guys! Don't wanna damage the PC.

9 Comments

Is it a new pc? How long has it been like this? You should see some activity, if it was a new, or newer pc, with windows 7 or 10 insalled. is it a lapop, or a base unit? If a laptop, then the only risk are less, by pulling out the battery i have found. But i am not liable saying this. Again you can pull the kettle plug out of the base unit. Bu with both, key things, if you are worried about the damage it might cause the hard drive. The only solution would be to turn back on immediately, after you pulled the power. That way only ms between power off and on. From what you siad, it does sound like it has lock up, but hard to tell with out extra info
    Edited by: "leeparsons" 30th Aug 2016

Original Poster

leeparsons

Is it a new pc? How long has it been like this? You should see some … Is it a new pc? How long has it been like this? You should see some activity, if it was a new, or newer pc, with windows 7 or 10 insalled. is it a lapop, or a base unit? If a laptop, then the only risk are less, by pulling out the battery i have found. But i am not liable saying this. Again you can pull the kettle plug out of the base unit. Bu with both, key things, if you are worried about the damage it might cause the hard drive. The only solution would be to turn back on immediately, after you pulled the power. That way only ms between power off and on. From what you siad, it does sound like it has lock up, but hard to tell with out extra info

It's new just got it yesterday

Original Poster

It's a GAMING PC, I was going restart it but this popped up 'configuring.....'

InfinityVirozon

It's a GAMING PC, I was going restart it but this popped up … It's a GAMING PC, I was going restart it but this popped up 'configuring.....'

It could be doing updates, but i assume you have had a previous pc. So if it is not doin updates, then i guess it could have hung. As I describes, is the best way if you can not get ctrl alt del to work, escape Which i am pretty sure you wont be able to. Why i say be quick depends on the hd you have got. But from info you told me, it could be a sold state drive, rather than a sata/pata or ide. If that is the case, you are less likely to have physical damage, But files may get corrupt.

leeparsons

It could be doing updates, but i assume you have had a previous pc. So if … It could be doing updates, but i assume you have had a previous pc. So if it is not doin updates, then i guess it could have hung. As I describes, is the best way if you can not get ctrl alt del to work, escape Which i am pretty sure you wont be able to. Why i say be quick depends on the hd you have got. But from info you told me, it could be a sold state drive, rather than a sata/pata or ide. If that is the case, you are less likely to have physical damage, But files may get corrupt.

for so called moppets who vote cold, how about you show us your wisdom, with the little information provided. At least i was trying to help

Worse thing pulling the kettle lead will do is mess up your windows installation meaning a re-install. (very worse case a reformat of HDD) Nothings going to explode.
    What did you do in the end?

It can take hours for updates.. especially downloading them. Just leave it and it let it install. switch off the monitor and
    do your thing. It will switch off automatically.

You will find it as its a new pc, you will have to go through afew times as it install more updates. They
    are not installed at the same time.

where did you buy it from? how did you pay for it? What make and model is it? Were you told when buying it what to expect?
    The answers to these questio9ns matter because your contract is with the retailer who sold you this and they should be giving you all the support you need, GL

Original Poster

It tooked 1hr and 20m roughly..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New Layout is Confusing: How to I navigate to specific items!?34
      2. Best laptop on the market11
      3. Help Me Find Bright Red Exterior Paint PLEASE56
      4. Are smart parking limited legitimate55

See more discussions