Prescription full face mask (swimming)

Found 21st Jul
Hi,

I am looking for some perscription full face masks for our honeymoon in September. however much like most I really don't want to spend loads as they are very likely to be used for 1 week. other than opticians / Amazon /eBay any other suggestions to try to look for?

anything else I should consider or look in too?

thanks in advance
Community Updates
AskMaskSwimmingFitness
8 Comments
Ann Summers?
joesmum22 m ago

Ann Summers?

Ummmm not tried there but I don't feel the perscription lenses come as part of any models they may do.b
Contact lenses, then wear what you want.
sillyoldbear1 m ago

Contact lenses, then wear what you want.

Looking at that as a real last resort. Tried them once and hated the idea of sticking things in/on my eyes. But it may have to be
ch7leach10 m ago

Looking at that as a real last resort. Tried them once and hated the idea …Looking at that as a real last resort. Tried them once and hated the idea of sticking things in/on my eyes. But it may have to be

You only have these as options :

Nothing = No cost
Mask + prescription lenses £70+
Full face mask = wouldn't have one as they are a crackpot idea plus you will not get a prescription in it
Contacts and a mask/goggles. = £35+-
sillyoldbear54 m ago

You only have these as options :Nothing = No costMask + prescription …You only have these as options :Nothing = No costMask + prescription lenses £70+ Full face mask = wouldn't have one as they are a crackpot idea plus you will not get a prescription in it Contacts and a mask/goggles. = £35+-

Crackpot idea? I have seen some perscription ones. Just like the idea of not sticking snorkel in mouth

£70 for the mask is not out of the question regarding price. Seen some waaaaay more.
ch7leach36 m ago

Crackpot idea? I have seen some perscription ones. Just like the idea of …Crackpot idea? I have seen some perscription ones. Just like the idea of not sticking snorkel in mouth£70 for the mask is not out of the question regarding price. Seen some waaaaay more.

Have a look at some of the safety reviews on the full face, they have loads of on going concerns. On the prescription front I stand corrected they are available but will cut your vision by about 1/3 with the looks of it.

Indeed I dive in an atomic mask that's is just under £200 without prescription lenses but my spare is a cressi big eyes.

If £70 is reasonable then I'd get a mask or go for a snorkel lesson at your local BSAC club see if you really can't bare to put a snorkel in your mouth.
sillyoldbear3 m ago

Have a look at some of the safety reviews on the full face, they have …Have a look at some of the safety reviews on the full face, they have loads of on going concerns. On the prescription front I stand corrected they are available but will cut your vision by about 1/3 with the looks of it.Indeed I dive in an atomic mask that's is just under £200 without prescription lenses but my spare is a cressi big eyes.If £70 is reasonable then I'd get a mask or go for a snorkel lesson at your local BSAC club see if you really can't bare to put a snorkel in your mouth.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants