Present for Childminder for christmas??

Found 26th Sep 2008
I know its early but trying to be prepared with lots of people to buy for, one person im stuck with is my sons childminder.

I wondered if any of you lovely people had any ideas what to get her?? Wouldnt mind something a bit personal.

Thanks

21 Comments

How about a chocolate teddy bear model from Thorntons with icing message (you choose what you want iced on it)

Hope this helps.

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;3061317

Not minding your kids, hahax sorry only joking please don't hate me!

I dont hate you, dont like minding my own kids, hence childminder for 1, the others have 100% attendance at school :giggle: (joking!!!)

Budget is £50

Original Poster

suze;3061314

How about a chocolate teddy bear model from Thorntons with icing message … How about a chocolate teddy bear model from Thorntons with icing message (you choose what you want iced on it)Hope this helps.

This sounds like a good idea, then it can go with something else i get her :-D

amcol;3061332

I dont hate you, dont like minding my own kids, hence childminder for 1, … I dont hate you, dont like minding my own kids, hence childminder for 1, the others have 100% attendance at school :giggle: (joking!!!)Budget is £50

£50?? can I be your childminder??

Original Poster

bellabonkers;3061341

I read some people give a weeks wages on top as well as champagne on another forum and they are paying like £300-£400 per week :w00t:

TBH Amcol, apart from Suze - who could also give you good advice tomorow!! - this is a rubbish time to be asking this question.
Go with what you would like to get as a present and remember that it the personal thanks that really matters - so do the full frontal ( thanks, that is!!).
Also, we don''t know whether the minder is male or female, young or old, liberated or otherwise, wants a special prayer book.

bellabonkers;3061341

Spa treatment voucher, for a bit of 'me' time.

bellabonkers;3061341

Or me!!:w00t:

amcol;3061346

I read some people give a weeks wages on top as well as champagne on … I read some people give a weeks wages on top as well as champagne on another forum and they are paying like £300-£400 per week :w00t:

Never been a childminder but always been a Nursery nurse and the most I ever got was a £10 m&s voucher or a bottle of cava! lol all gratefully recieved of course

yellowsticker;3061358

Spa treatment voucher, for a bit of 'me' time.

thats a lovely Idea.

If you have a £50 budget, what about a pamper session / massage type gift (at a reputable salon)

I'm sure a pressie to de-stress and chill out would be very appreciated.

Original Poster

Like the Spa treatment idea, she is around 28yrs old, female, lovely down to earth, gsoh, modern, everything like a 28yr old ish is like - fab person and she loves my son to bits.

bottle of vodka lol

Something personalised by your son!! people love things like that a paint a mug etc as long as hes old enough that is! and put some vouchers in then you have thought about it without getting it completley wrong!! :thumbsup:

Psychotherapy

bet she'd like a pic of your son too if she is a good childminder

Original Poster

Good thinking everyone, some fab ideas.

Like the idea of paint a mug and vouchers as its got the personalised touch to it as well as something she can get for herself as well as.

Why don't you offer a reverse day. Say that your son wants to be an adultminder for the day (obviously with you there too) and take her out either before or after christmas somewhere for the day, doing everything for her rather than the other way around. Not sure what your son is like but my 3yr old daughter would think this was fantastic.

You could take her shopping or to a theme park or out for a meal. Not sure where you live but there are some fab christmas ideas going on in December, we live in Lincoln but if you're near Leicestershire they have the Loughborough Great Railway that does Santa Special steam train trips and at Twin Lakes before and after christmas they are turning it into a winter wonderland with toboggan run, ice skating etc.

Just with you mentioning she was a "with-it" 28yr old and loves your son, she might enjoy being out with him and you and just having a really fun day that she normally wouldn't have.

Original Poster

We are in Lincoln to!!!

Trouble is i have no transport so she would have to drive us lol

amcol;3062933

We are in Lincoln to!!!Trouble is i have no transport so she would have … We are in Lincoln to!!!Trouble is i have no transport so she would have to drive us lol

Spooky!! Unfortunately then, as you will know, there's not a whole lot that happens in Lincoln that you don't need a car to get to. Shame, as the two places I mentioned are both within an hours drive and are lovely at Christmas. Does she like the Christmas Market? If so, why not take her around there and then for a meal or something, can't think of anything else special here unless you also treat her to a train journey then noone would have to drive.

How about vouchers for the local cinema with some chocolate and popcorn, so that she can have a night out

hotukdeals.com/ite…ng/ would be good to go with something
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769207
    2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710970
    3. Add one, leave one game54315386
    4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would34138

See more discussions